Update on the update: 11/19 Topic

That says "probably." If he was pulled off for something else, then it is going to have been pushed back.

That proves absolutely nothing.
11/21/2012 1:11 PM
Posted by caesari on 11/21/2012 1:11:00 PM (view original):
That says "probably." If he was pulled off for something else, then it is going to have been pushed back.

That proves absolutely nothing.
Proves we've been waiting for this way too long. 
11/21/2012 1:16 PM
I have nothing against Norbert or WIS. BUT, I believe the users have been more then patient waiting for this to happen. It should have happened long ago. I've been playing this game since 2005. I dislike the current version of the game. I'm just looking for what they said would happen to happen. Delay, delay, delay. My point was and is that this all started at the start of 2012 and it will be 2013 before we see what they have for us. We should have had the update already. I'm sick of putting up with the same crappy things happening throughout a game that WIS said they will fix in the update. 
11/21/2012 1:36 PM
Posted by fastec27 on 11/21/2012 1:36:00 PM (view original):
I have nothing against Norbert or WIS. BUT, I believe the users have been more then patient waiting for this to happen. It should have happened long ago. I've been playing this game since 2005. I dislike the current version of the game. I'm just looking for what they said would happen to happen. Delay, delay, delay. My point was and is that this all started at the start of 2012 and it will be 2013 before we see what they have for us. We should have had the update already. I'm sick of putting up with the same crappy things happening throughout a game that WIS said they will fix in the update. 
Well put.
11/21/2012 1:48 PM
I say this with no malice or judgement or, really, any feeling... but...

If you're tired of delays and "lies" then leave. Pretty simple, really.

I've made the decision to persist through the delays because I believe in the vision being put forth and I want to see the end result. I'm just enough entertained by the current version to keep playing until the update. And if I change my mind at any time or lose faith in what's to come or when it is to come, then I'll simply stop paying and stop playing.

The math is very simple here. If the current game OR the promise of the game to come is worth more to you than $10.95 per 35 days, then stay; if not, then leave.

If you're unhappy, please voice your opinions, but try to do it in an arena where it won't clutter otherwise productive, meaningful discourse. Such as this "Update" thread. Or, at least, what this thread *could've* been before bad feelings permeated.

11/21/2012 3:48 PM
I know he was wanting to start around March.  That didn't happen.  You can point to all the evidence you think proves your point.  It will fail the eye-test because, as I told you, he didn't start until the summer.  I think the bigger point you should be making, however, is what fastec quite accurately pointed out:  "proves we've been waiting for this way too long."   Truer words have never been spoken.  At least not in this forum.
11/21/2012 5:38 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 11/21/2012 3:48:00 PM (view original):
I say this with no malice or judgement or, really, any feeling... but...

If you're tired of delays and "lies" then leave. Pretty simple, really.

I've made the decision to persist through the delays because I believe in the vision being put forth and I want to see the end result. I'm just enough entertained by the current version to keep playing until the update. And if I change my mind at any time or lose faith in what's to come or when it is to come, then I'll simply stop paying and stop playing.

The math is very simple here. If the current game OR the promise of the game to come is worth more to you than $10.95 per 35 days, then stay; if not, then leave.

If you're unhappy, please voice your opinions, but try to do it in an arena where it won't clutter otherwise productive, meaningful discourse. Such as this "Update" thread. Or, at least, what this thread *could've* been before bad feelings permeated.

I never said Lies you did. I have paid very little to play this game so money has nothing to do with it. It comes down to deliver what you promise! As far as deliver it in a arena that won't clutter your otherwise productive ,meaningful discourse I'll ask some questions to help some with a timeline. 

1) What is the maybe time for the beta to start? 
2) Was it me or did Norbert say he would have the update done in a max of 4 GD seasons? If yes how long in real time is a GD season? 35 Days?

Let's start here because I'm sure there are players this could help understand how long it's going to be before some of the process will start.
To keep this from getting to confusing please I'd like only GT to answer. GT I'm not trying to be a smart ***. You seem to be one of the biggest believers in the update and I'd like your take on the timeline. I hope your right and the update is great. So please I'm only interested in GT's answers.
EDIT: Here is latest Correct?(Below) With this information what is the beta start date? If he's expecting 3-4 GD seasons before the release and 2 months for beta to complete?

11/20/2012 11:00 AM

norbert

Just to keep expectations reasonable, we have some time before beta will launch and beta will probably take almost 2 months to make sure things are running well, so I don't think the update will be pushed live for at least 3 GD seasons.  So I would count on playing the next 3 seasons under the current engine.  Plus when we push out the update, you'll have to wait for the season to roll over to move to the new engine, so possibly up to the next 4 seasons.

11/21/2012 9:26 PM (edited)
still waiting..............
11/21/2012 9:50 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 11/21/2012 9:50:00 PM (view original):
still waiting..............
for?
11/22/2012 12:43 AM
An update...wait a second I knew it! Caesari is jconte on  a new user name! Busted!!!
11/22/2012 1:14 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by northstorm on 11/22/2012 9:57:00 AM (view original):
gtduece must be on the Board of Directors for WIS or Fox... he drinks their kool-aid by the gallon, and really really believes those working for GD will actually be able to fix this turd.  Obviously I dont think they will, certainly not in the near future.... Norbert is already mumbling about 3-4 seasons more... I think everyone should start measuring delays/unfulfiled promises regarding GD in terms of YEARS now, not just months.

Anyway, I have left.... bought Grey Dog software, getting ready to play a game that is FAR superior in regards to depth, rosters, game results, simulation of actual college football-- meaning no Marquette or DePaul teams, conferences that generally reflect reality----- and getting ready to play in online leagues against people who actually have the common sense to stop paying for something that is inadequate.

Also, for you math majors, you buy the Grey Dog software for $29.95 once..... instead of $10.95 every 35 days, for each team you pay for.  If you want to throw money down a (GD) rathole, stay here, get a little kool-aid from gt duece, bend over and ask GD in your best Oliver Twist voice "please suh, may I have sum'more"?  Other than that, see you at Grey Dog
Now you are just being a tard.  You keep saying you have left but then you keep posting.  Either **** or get off the pot.  Try this:  unbookmark the site right now!

If you knew anything about Gt_deuce, you'd know that you were embarrassing yourself right now.  He has been a strong critic of the engine we have now, is no fan of how FOX/WIS have gotten us to this point, and on his last legs like everyone else.  So go play your little game, try to convince yourself its the game you've always wanted to play, and we'll see you when you come back (unless the new engine sucks, in which case it will be a ghost town around here).
11/22/2012 10:45 AM
Sorry, Thanksgiving and stuff...

Anyways, it looks like you found your answers, fastec. The only question now is, will you wait? What if there is a delay? Me, I'd rather get this thing right than get it soon. Because there are no more chances after this (and maybe a few hotfixes shortly after).
11/23/2012 1:12 AM
Posted by crickett13 on 11/20/2012 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 11/20/2012 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Here are some things to consider:

1. If you think norbert sucks, leave.
2. If you think we're being lied to, leave.
3. If you can't wait 3-4 cycles, leave.
4. If you think it's going to be longer than 3-4 cycles and you can't wait that long, leave.
5. If you think Fox/WIS sucks, leave.
6. If you don't like the idea of how the beta is going to be run, leave.
7. If you think that GD 3.0 will suck when it's released and not be quickly patched/fixed, leave.

Otherwise, STFU. The rest of us are tired of having meaningful update threads turned into flame wars and *****-fests. It's exhausting trying sift through the mountains of garbage to unearth the relatively few posts of substance.
Here is something for you to consider.Norberts last miscalculation on when the beta would be ready cost me 45 bucks so.........

STFU I can say what I want Sheeple
So .... LEAVE

If you hate it, don't play.
11/23/2012 8:29 PM
Posted by northstorm on 11/22/2012 9:57:00 AM (view original):
gtduece must be on the Board of Directors for WIS or Fox... he drinks their kool-aid by the gallon, and really really believes those working for GD will actually be able to fix this turd.  Obviously I dont think they will, certainly not in the near future.... Norbert is already mumbling about 3-4 seasons more... I think everyone should start measuring delays/unfulfiled promises regarding GD in terms of YEARS now, not just months.

Anyway, I have left.... bought Grey Dog software, getting ready to play a game that is FAR superior in regards to depth, rosters, game results, simulation of actual college football-- meaning no Marquette or DePaul teams, conferences that generally reflect reality----- and getting ready to play in online leagues against people who actually have the common sense to stop paying for something that is inadequate.

Also, for you math majors, you buy the Grey Dog software for $29.95 once..... instead of $10.95 every 35 days, for each team you pay for.  If you want to throw money down a (GD) rathole, stay here, get a little kool-aid from gt duece, bend over and ask GD in your best Oliver Twist voice "please suh, may I have sum'more"?  Other than that, see you at Grey Dog
I'm not just on the Board of Directors - I'm the guy that simulates all the games! Yeah, sometimes I lose track and give myself a loss (oops, that was supposed to read LSU *hits* the 68-yard FG to win), but other than that, I've really enjoyed a good run. I just moonlight as a cheerleader/apologist for the update because it pays well, mostly in the form of WIS hoodies, but occasionally I get credits to play Clutch Racing Dynasty.
11/24/2012 3:48 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Update on the update: 11/19 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.