Update on the update: 11/19 Topic

Posted by hughesjr on 11/23/2012 8:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crickett13 on 11/20/2012 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 11/20/2012 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Here are some things to consider:

1. If you think norbert sucks, leave.
2. If you think we're being lied to, leave.
3. If you can't wait 3-4 cycles, leave.
4. If you think it's going to be longer than 3-4 cycles and you can't wait that long, leave.
5. If you think Fox/WIS sucks, leave.
6. If you don't like the idea of how the beta is going to be run, leave.
7. If you think that GD 3.0 will suck when it's released and not be quickly patched/fixed, leave.

Otherwise, STFU. The rest of us are tired of having meaningful update threads turned into flame wars and *****-fests. It's exhausting trying sift through the mountains of garbage to unearth the relatively few posts of substance.
Here is something for you to consider.Norberts last miscalculation on when the beta would be ready cost me 45 bucks so.........

STFU I can say what I want Sheeple
So .... LEAVE

If you hate it, don't play.
I won't. For the however many times I have had to say this.

I left the game and stopped playing about a year ago because I felt the product was not worth paying for and felt at the time that JConte had no interest in doing anything beyond defending his game.

I watched the forums knowing eventualy something would have to change because so many people, like me, refused to keep paying for a game we did not like or feel was improvng.

I saw that Norbert was at least communicating with the users. When he said they would start beta testing in september a few months ago I took him at his word and because of his saying that the beta would start in september I bought a 4 pack to show my support.

Now the Beta is at some unspecified date in the future. I now no longer trust that WIS feels any urgency to fix the issues with the game and I posted the following villainous and poisonous post. "So we can expect the update in about a year"  was it sarcastic? Yes. Was it so offensive that it should have been removed? Well since most of my career has been dealing with irate costomers I would have to say, are you frigging kidding me Norbert. Grow the heck up and take some well deserved criticisim.You represent a company that has failed to meet a large number of it's users expectations and as the representative of that company you better have a pretty thick skin.

I then posted a sarcastic response telling Norbert how much I loved him, GD and WIS

Gt then posted that all of us how were unsatisfied should STFU and I responded in kind calling him a GASP sheeple I was then properly chastised by many users who felt compelled to defend gt from my vile comment because we all know when someone says to shut the f**k up they are being polite and kind but to call someone a sheeple is the most brutish thing one can say to another and should never be tolerated in polite society.

Thank you so much for your unwanted and unneeded advice I am quitting again now that my last team in my 4 pack is done and I will come back when I see that some real progress has been made and that the latest update on the update (do you even realize how sad it is for a company to be so far behind that they have to offer updates on the update?) is not just something to try and keep people from leaving or saying something dastardly like: Hey I am sick of being led around by the nose get something done and untill then I'll keep my money!!
11/24/2012 8:23 AM
funny thing is one of the people who did not seem to get irate with my sheeple comment was gt :)
11/24/2012 8:36 AM
Not that it matters, but my particular response was for northpole (or whatever his name is).  I took no issue with you calling us sheeple.  For all I know, you could be right.
11/24/2012 10:53 AM
Posted by crickett13 on 11/24/2012 8:36:00 AM (view original):
funny thing is one of the people who did not seem to get irate with my sheeple comment was gt :)
I don't really take offense. For one, I know I was being rude and I made a conscious decision to do so. Tired of the whining because the solution is so simple at this point (leaving). But mostly, because when anyone calls me a sheeple with respect to WIS, it's crystal clear that they either haven't been around or haven't been paying attention. I'm FAR from a WIS apologist and, at times, have been one of the most outspoken critics of their administration, implementation and (pathetic) development of this game. It just happens that I do believe this update has enormous potential. I see the inner workings of this update and I'm hopeful. But that's just me... YMMV.
11/24/2012 4:28 PM
crickett13, I am not "upset" with your post ... I just don't understand why people continually want to post negative comments OVER and OVER again.

First off, JConte is fired.

Secondly, they are now rewriting the game.

So, unless you think norbert is lying and not really working on a beta, then I don't see the point of continual whining.

The bottom line is, there will be a beta of some kind.  Everyone with a team will have the opportunity to play in that beta.  It will happen sometime.

If one does not have the patience to wait for the beta, then they should stop paying to play something that don't like.  If they don't think it will happen within a 5 pack and that is all they are will to try, then they should stop paying to play a game they don't like.

Just because someone pays to play this game, it does not give them the right to be a a$$.  If one can not act appropriately, they should be banned.
11/25/2012 12:59 PM
As someone who does not want to spend money on the current version of GD, but is interested in seeing if Norbert's work makes GD worthwhile again, thank you Norbert for keeping us informed.  I do check in from time to time to see how this progresses.  For those coaches that are still around and will be for the beta, please post your opinions, concerns, etc.  when testing occurs.  It would help myself and coaches like me possibly decide whether to give it a try.
11/25/2012 1:42 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by crickett13 on 11/25/2012 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 11/25/2012 12:59:00 PM (view original):
crickett13, I am not "upset" with your post ... I just don't understand why people continually want to post negative comments OVER and OVER again.

First off, JConte is fired.

Secondly, they are now rewriting the game.

So, unless you think norbert is lying and not really working on a beta, then I don't see the point of continual whining.

The bottom line is, there will be a beta of some kind.  Everyone with a team will have the opportunity to play in that beta.  It will happen sometime.

If one does not have the patience to wait for the beta, then they should stop paying to play something that don't like.  If they don't think it will happen within a 5 pack and that is all they are will to try, then they should stop paying to play a game they don't like.

Just because someone pays to play this game, it does not give them the right to be a a$$.  If one can not act appropriately, they should be banned.
By not acting appropriatley you mean doing things like calling people an *** right? Or do you mean saying that people who point out the fact that they are unsatisfied with a product they have paid for whining?

Seems to me you are whining and acting like an ***.
Yep ... thats me.

If you can look at the things you have posted, and if you don't think it makes you look like a 3 year old who is not getting their way ... then I guess you should just continue in the same vein.
11/25/2012 5:59 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
All I am saying is this:

1.  People complained that the developer in charge of GD needs to spend more time in the forums .. norbert is spending much more time in forums.
2.  People complained that the old engine sucks and needs to be rewritten ... norbert is rewriting the engine.
3.  People complained that we did not have a beta for the last engine ... norbert is having a beta for this engine.
4.  People complained that everyone did not get to participate the last time there was any beta ... all active users  get to participate in this beta.

Now, I am not saying that this means norbert's engine will be great ... I have no idea if it will be or not. 
But I am also not going to condemn it before we even play the beta.

All I am saying is, there are 4 or 5 posts about how the new engine is going to work and how the new rosters are going to work, etc.  We never had that before ... so before we call it screwed up, lets play a couple of beta games.
11/25/2012 8:32 PM
So much for the update on the update.
11/25/2012 11:35 PM
would somebody please make sure to send me the new cheat codes when this update gets done?
11/25/2012 11:46 PM
Posted by cravedogg on 11/25/2012 11:46:00 PM (view original):
would somebody please make sure to send me the new cheat codes when this update gets done?
I've played against you Crave, I'm sure you already have a subscription.  ha!
11/26/2012 12:00 AM
◂ Prev 123456
Update on the update: 11/19 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.