What are the chances of "getting caught" if you give a recruit a booster gift? What happens if you do "get caught"?
11/24/2012 3:44 PM
The risk wayyyyyyyyy outweights the rewards.  Sitemail Livemike for more information on this!
11/24/2012 4:27 PM
What happens if you get caught?
11/25/2012 1:14 AM
A big drop in your rep. The player gets suspends an couple of games and maybe if your luck you lose schollies the next season.
11/25/2012 4:10 AM
can also get a post season ban.
11/25/2012 9:25 AM
Posted by coachb_1 on 11/24/2012 3:44:00 PM (view original):
What are the chances of "getting caught" if you give a recruit a booster gift? What happens if you do "get caught"?
I am 0-1 when using boosters, rep went from B+ to D- and player was suspended for a couple games and I think I was taken away form playoff eligibility for 2 seasons
11/25/2012 3:19 PM
It should be made more realistic and make it a 10% chance of getting caught as EVERYONE in D-1 football gives benefits or gifts to recruits
11/25/2012 3:28 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 11/25/2012 3:28:00 PM (view original):
It should be made more realistic and make it a 10% chance of getting caught as EVERYONE in D-1 football gives benefits or gifts to recruits
Ohio State doesn't...
11/26/2012 10:37 AM
As I recall, Ohio State didn't give gifts to prospective recruits in the Tyrelle Pryor incident, the players who received the improper benefits (free tats, overpayment for memorabilia) were already recruited, signed, and on the team. 
11/27/2012 2:08 PM
I haven't used booster gifts in a while, not even sure if they are still turned on.  But in the past, I've used them maybe 25-30 times and got caught twice, minor penalty once, can't exactly remember what it was since it was rather insignificant, and for some reason found innocent the other time.
11/27/2012 2:10 PM
Don't think they are worth the risk anymore.  I tried once and got busted, player suspended for 4 games and 1 year probation.  And the player didn't even accept it. Rep from an a+ to a c-.  They used to be a little bit more usable.
11/27/2012 2:29 PM
I know Norbert is busy with the update, but perhaps he could let us know how often booster gifts are used, and how often coaches are caught.  I am clearly not in favor of such things in real life, but in the game I think it would be fun to take a chance every now and again.  However, if the chance of getting caught is large and the penalty is incredibly bad...then its not a tool that will be used and might as well be removed from the game.
11/28/2012 4:21 AM
When they required people to have more than their current season on their account it fixed the big issue of tanking a program.  I think that was a year or two ago. I got away with it my one and only time using it but the next season I was investigated even though I didn't use them and was cleared.  Freaked me out enough to not do it anymore.
11/28/2012 9:40 AM
Posted by trombumpet on 11/28/2012 9:40:00 AM (view original):
When they required people to have more than their current season on their account it fixed the big issue of tanking a program.  I think that was a year or two ago. I got away with it my one and only time using it but the next season I was investigated even though I didn't use them and was cleared.  Freaked me out enough to not do it anymore.
You can be investigated for using booster gifts in the past, not just the current season.  In fact, even if you weren't the coach of the team the season before you arrived, your program can still be investigated (one new coach lost a player (and scholarship - he only had 49 players on his squad) for an entire season.
11/28/2012 1:17 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.