Update News - Position Roles/Depth Charts Topic

So speed really isn't "speed" anymore? In the sense that a player has an overall speed rating, but then individual speed ratings such as RB speed, WR speed, waterboy speed? Seems confusing at first glance.
12/3/2012 5:05 PM
Posted by mal247 on 12/3/2012 5:05:00 PM (view original):
So speed really isn't "speed" anymore? In the sense that a player has an overall speed rating, but then individual speed ratings such as RB speed, WR speed, waterboy speed? Seems confusing at first glance.
???
12/3/2012 5:46 PM
The rating SPEED is still "speed".  The roles that have speed in the name, such as "RB Speed", are just roles that favor speed over other attributes like strength.  The roles are just ways for you to evaluate players more easily and has no bearing on their actual ratings or performance.
12/3/2012 6:28 PM
Posted by norbert on 12/3/2012 6:28:00 PM (view original):
The rating SPEED is still "speed".  The roles that have speed in the name, such as "RB Speed", are just roles that favor speed over other attributes like strength.  The roles are just ways for you to evaluate players more easily and has no bearing on their actual ratings or performance.
I see. Thanks for clarifying Norbert. The "RB Speed" rating in the screen shot is NOT a different attribute, but a weighted rating based on user input. It might help to display this with a decimal place or two so people don't get confused.
12/3/2012 6:44 PM
Posted by bhouska on 12/3/2012 5:46:00 PM (view original):
???
I was referring to this screenshot:

It seemed as if a new player attribute called "RB Speed" had been added.
12/3/2012 6:45 PM
Posted by jc1796 on 11/30/2012 7:19:00 PM (view original):
So the question remains, Yatzr and bhazlewood... From all appearances, it seems that you guys have had some input on the development of this release. If the ratings won't simply be a total of the players attributes, and a coach can weight these attributes when recruiting.... It seems like most (all?) of what I use yatzr's tool and the Guess ratings will be in the app itself?
Sorry, I didn't see this until today.

My "input into the development of this release" is the same as the other folks on the council -- providing feedback for the alpha testing going on, and some generalized discussion on what makes for a good player.  I don't have any insight into the "secret formulas" as norbert puts it.

Yatzr's tool will still provide things that recruiting from the pages doesn't easily do... especially with pulling all the recruits into one place, finding "multiples" that are only SimAI, etc.  As for the GUESS reports - -well, individual player ratings for your team might be redundant, but overall rankings for all teams, some of the statistical stuff - that (I think) will still be unique to what I publish.  We'll have to see.

12/3/2012 8:26 PM
Posted by mal247 on 12/3/2012 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhouska on 12/3/2012 5:46:00 PM (view original):
???
I was referring to this screenshot:

It seemed as if a new player attribute called "RB Speed" had been added.
Ah, maybe we can do something to visually separate those so it's clear those are role ratings, or calculated ratings like Total, rather than part of the raw ratings.
12/4/2012 10:53 AM
I may be nuts but I feel like RB Speed has already been implemented in the game. Seems like my faster runners are doing better than they usually would even if their strength was not high.
12/30/2012 4:34 PM
Posted by mojolad on 12/30/2012 4:34:00 PM (view original):
I may be nuts but I feel like RB Speed has already been implemented in the game. Seems like my faster runners are doing better than they usually would even if their strength was not high.
RB Speed in the context of what is shown in the pictures is a "Player Role".

A "Player Role" is a something that you can create inside a position ... so you can have some roles for your RBs like:

Power HB
Full Back
Speed Back
Receiving Back

You can then "weight" the attributes (100 total) so that you get an overall rating for each player at the position for your roles that you have defined.

You can then do 2 times with these roles:

1. You can see them for recruits when recruiting
2. You can assign the Role to a position on the field for a formation in your play book.

So, you can have a Custom Trips formation named Trips - Long - Passing ... and you can use the "Receiving Back" Role and assign it to the RB position for that so that your RBs are ranked based on how you think the attributes should be weighted for that formation (ie, more HNDS, SPD, TECH, GI than normal and less STR than your normal RB role). When you choose the "Trips - Long - Passing" formation, it will make the #1 RB in that formation the one that has the highest rating for "Receiving Back" ... since you assigned that role to the RBs for that formation.

If you assign a "Power Back" role to a different formation, then when you run that one it will take the highest rated back from that role who is not tired, etc.

It might not take the highest Rated player for the role ... but instead just SHOW you the players and the scores sorted for that role and then you actually assign the depth chart for the role yourself, but see how the players rank in the role before you assign them.

12/31/2012 6:29 PM
◂ Prev 123
Update News - Position Roles/Depth Charts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.