OT - Strangest place you've checked your teams Topic

I'll start this only because I'm sitting in Terminal D in Pittsburgh waiting for my flight and I have time to think of such things.
12/6/2012 12:36 PM

My only championship was won using my IPHONE from the dorm room , among other venues at Elizabethtown College in Elizabethtown  , Pennsylvania.  i had no wifi, no internet. just my iphone. 
  i was chaperoning 5 kids from Louisiana for the National Hershey Track and Field games. That meant i had very little time to check on my team.
i had a few moments at the Hershey Waterpark The hershey factory, on the bus , and on the tarmac waiting to take off for home.
All my "game tools" were in my home in Louisiana so i had to go by luck and instinct.
I didnt know til we landed in New Orleans that i had won.

12/6/2012 12:59 PM
In an internet cafe in Aleppo, Syria after being removed from the archaeological project at Tell Halaf for being a potential CIA operative. That trip netted me my worst ever recruiting class.
12/6/2012 1:00 PM
Posted by jkenned on 12/6/2012 1:01:00 PM (view original):
In an internet cafe in Aleppo, Syria after being removed from the archaeological project at Tell Halaf for being a potential CIA operative. That trip netted me my worst ever recruiting class.
A great amswer/  Might be tough to beat.

THIS WAS A GREAT IDEA BTW!

12/6/2012 1:09 PM
I don't have a smart phone to check on my teams however I have came home from work on a busy day to check on my teams.
12/6/2012 1:10 PM
in the back of a C2 track on dog-a$$ slow commercial satellite link somewhere north of Taji, Iraq.
12/6/2012 1:16 PM
I was in the playoffs in HBD and at my cabin. No internet but I managed to walk out to the end of the dock, call a friend, she logged on and I mannaged my pitching staff over the phone via her. I won that round of the playoffs in the final game and went on to win the championship. My only in any world.
12/6/2012 1:38 PM
I went to Hawaii and had to call a friend every day to make gameplanning changes (old engine) because I didn't have internet.

Other than that I have checked my teams while on the toilet in a public restroom... who says guys couldn't multi-task
12/6/2012 1:58 PM
In the strip club during recruiting period at Mons Venus in Tampa, very hard to stay focused.
12/6/2012 2:09 PM
Posted by dano_chan on 12/6/2012 2:09:00 PM (view original):
In the strip club during recruiting period at Mons Venus in Tampa, very hard to stay focused.
WINNER!!!!
12/6/2012 2:40 PM
Camping in the mountans of Arizona. Also sitting in Pittsburgh International waiting for a flight to Phoenix.
12/6/2012 2:41 PM
In a bunker outside the Moral, Welfare, Rec Center building during a mortar attack in Balad, Iraq 
12/6/2012 2:48 PM
I probably would have forgotten about this one, but the other Bowl thread here reminded me.  Mine isn't nearly as cool as some of the above locations, but does make me realize I like GD recruiting way too much.

I'm in Warner and Camp, so both worlds start recruiting on the weekends.  I've recruited in the middle of broadcasting college football games on the radio.  Way too many times to remember.  I can pretty much point at every team in the Lone Star Conference and remember recruiting from their real life press box at least once.

I blame a couple of bad signings on teams going no huddle and not giving me enough time in between plays to make good recruiting decisions....the nerve of some people. ;)

12/6/2012 2:59 PM
My only really weird one was probably recruiting in the Performing Arts Center here on campus during the break of a concert I was in for a chorus I'm part of on campus...
12/6/2012 3:42 PM
Posted by brocal on 12/6/2012 2:59:00 PM (view original):
I probably would have forgotten about this one, but the other Bowl thread here reminded me.  Mine isn't nearly as cool as some of the above locations, but does make me realize I like GD recruiting way too much.

I'm in Warner and Camp, so both worlds start recruiting on the weekends.  I've recruited in the middle of broadcasting college football games on the radio.  Way too many times to remember.  I can pretty much point at every team in the Lone Star Conference and remember recruiting from their real life press box at least once.

I blame a couple of bad signings on teams going no huddle and not giving me enough time in between plays to make good recruiting decisions....the nerve of some people. ;)

What the heck do you do for a living?
12/6/2012 4:21 PM
123 Next ▸
OT - Strangest place you've checked your teams Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.