Update News - Beta Status Topic

As you can tell by the other update posts, the UI is getting completed and is part of the update that we need in place before we can move to beta.  The other piece is the engine update and that is still taking some time.  I'm not liking the results I am getting and even though they are close, I'm going to have to redo how I am doing some of the simulation.  The way it is now is difficult to tweak to change results the way I'd like to see it, and since it's the part of the game that produces the results of each play, it's probably the most important part of the update, so I don't want to short change it.

I am human (contrary to the conspiracy theorists out there) and I am taking a week off in a couple weeks to spend the holidays with my family, but after the holidays, the focus will be on getting beta up and running.  Next week will mostly be making those changes to the engine I just mentioned as well as completing the UI pages.  The weeks during the holidays I will spend with any remaining tweaks to these engine changes as well as trying to get in fatigue, injuries, and penalties and those things - some of which I am okay with not getting in until beta.  There will also be at least a few days in trying to get the beta environment set up just on the technical side, as we don't currently have a process in place to set up beta on the live site.

So optimistically, I'm looking to get beta out the first part of January.  I'm still working on the details of any limitations for users in signing up or grabbing teams, but as soon as we have a hard date and a fixed plan of how to sign up, I will post those details.  In the meantime, I'll keep the UI screenshots coming as they are ready.

12/7/2012 1:36 PM
Good deal... things are going to be here faster than myself and I am sure a lot of coaches expected. Thanks for all of the work!
12/7/2012 2:20 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the Beta!  Then people around here will have something to talk about besides guns and fetuses.  ;)
12/7/2012 3:27 PM
Tanks a mill.
12/7/2012 4:32 PM
No doubt, thanks for the update (and the hard work).  Hopefully, it will all pay off and the GD community will be thrilled.
12/7/2012 6:45 PM
You go and have a good Christmas or what ever holiday you observe.  Because when you come back, you had better be busting your keester.  ;-) Just kidding. You have a good one.
12/7/2012 8:19 PM
Happy Holidays!  Then get back at it.  Can't Wait!
12/7/2012 10:13 PM
Posted by fermor332002 on 12/7/2012 8:19:00 PM (view original):
You go and have a good Christmas or what ever holiday you observe.  Because when you come back, you had better be busting your keester.  ;-) Just kidding. You have a good one.
He celebrates FESTIVUS!
12/7/2012 10:25 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 12/7/2012 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fermor332002 on 12/7/2012 8:19:00 PM (view original):
He celebrates FESTIVUS!
Is that the one where you have to go stay in the hospital for 3 weeks?
12/7/2012 10:52 PM
Merry Christmas Norbert! Please know that even us GD addicts realize there are more important things than the update (LOL). Have a great Christmas and I pray that you and your family are well and happy...Gob bless!
12/9/2012 9:15 AM
Wow, so it will be over a year since it was announced the engine was being rebuilt before we might have a beta test? Norbert, how many people at WIS are working on this issue, or is it just a one man show?
12/9/2012 5:46 PM

Norbert.. Family and Friends first.  Merry Christmas to you and yours.

12/9/2012 5:57 PM
Happy Festivus Norbert! 
12/9/2012 7:27 PM
Posted by dream76 on 12/9/2012 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Happy Festivus Norbert! 
I'm sure he's ready for the Airing of Grievances!
12/10/2012 12:05 PM
Merry Christmas Norbert!
12/11/2012 5:35 PM
12 Next ▸
Update News - Beta Status Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.