recruiting drop downs Topic

I apologize because I'm sure this has been covered before but i didn't see it in recent posts.  I finished my recruiting early and on the last day of recruiting I looked at the undecided 1AA prospects (I'm DII) and found plenty that were better than the guys I recruited.  My question is if I wait until late and go after undecided drop down prospects what are the odds I land them.  Do people use that as a strategy for their entire recruiting classes or just leave a few scholarships open for that if the odds aren't great?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

12/31/2012 12:54 PM
Pull downs don't really  happen like in HD. With vision determining it all if you don't see a player listed as DII for you you probably wont get him. You can send him a couple letters and calls and maybe a scouting trip but if they say no you wont have any chance to get him. DII there is a large enough gap in talent from DIAA it is very difficult to "pull down." From DIAA and DIA it is SLIGHTLY more manageable because talent levels are closer.
12/31/2012 3:21 PM
Pretty much impossible to recruit up and out of your vision. The player will "walk on" at an appropriate level school before signing with you... 
12/31/2012 4:19 PM
No, there are no dropdowns in GD, it is not possible.  If they didn't show up in your DII search on day one, they won't show up any time.  Stick with the guys on your DII search.
12/31/2012 4:25 PM
What you're seeing are the top teams in D-II with top vision, getting average D-IAA guys that were in their vision.  When you search right after the roll over, you will see who you can and can't get.
12/31/2012 4:49 PM
 I've seen it done in HD.  Wasn't sure about GD.  Thanks for the feedback!
12/31/2012 5:09 PM
Posted by bhouska on 12/31/2012 4:25:00 PM (view original):
No, there are no dropdowns in GD, it is not possible.  If they didn't show up in your DII search on day one, they won't show up any time.  Stick with the guys on your DII search.
I disagree with this.  I've gotten a couple to sign with me BUT I have wasted a lot of money on guys who 100% refused to on top of it.  May not be worth it unless you have a butt load of money to spend.
12/31/2012 7:55 PM
Posted by choochoo on 12/31/2012 7:55:00 PM (view original):
I disagree with this.  I've gotten a couple to sign with me BUT I have wasted a lot of money on guys who 100% refused to on top of it.  May not be worth it unless you have a butt load of money to spend.
BS ... there are NO dropdowns in GD, period.
12/31/2012 9:47 PM
Incorrect. 
12/31/2012 11:23 PM
Ok I was dreaming.  
1/1/2013 12:38 AM
You might have seen recruits interested in SIMs from the next higher division, but if they signed with you, they were in your vision from day one. If in doubt, though, just use yatzr's tool.
1/1/2013 9:28 AM
You are wrong, that is incorrect.  Please don't come on here giving people misinformation.

1/1/2013 10:46 AM
Even n D1AA, there are no drop downs. You may get D1A quality players to drop through to a D1AA school after a D1A school drops them, but if they are not visible from day one they will not show up magically later on in recruiting. Same for other divisions as well. You can see DII SIMS on players if your vision is high enough in DIII, but better players won't just show up.
1/1/2013 3:47 PM
recruiting drop downs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.