I once found some data where some work had been done to show the recruiting availability (advantages/disadvantage) of various schools.  It showed how many recruits within various distances, etc. 

I'm moving up to D-II and want to make a good choice.  Does anyone have this in spreadsheet form and remember where I found that data in the past?
12/31/2012 1:15 PM
I have a copy of this data from yatzr, if no one has yet responded. Sitemail your email address to me and I'll email the spreadsheet to you.
12/31/2012 8:01 PM
1/1/2013 1:50 AM
Remember that this is one year in one world; it's not an absolute guide. Also, at DII, it's not about your location, it's about your vision. Good vision in the middle of nowhere will beat poor vision no matter where you are.

That said, I liked Long Island the most; there were enough recruits in the area that I could find keepers even with crappy vision.

1/1/2013 9:23 AM
I agree, I've had Long Island before, they're in a good recruiting spot.

1/1/2013 10:42 AM
Humboldt is hands down the best in my opinion.
1/1/2013 12:13 PM
Agree with Humboldt all the way. I do help co-coach a ID that was run at West Alabama for about 10 seasons and that place was pretty sick for recruiting as well. But that may have just been that world.
1/1/2013 3:48 PM
Western Oregon is nice because you can reach into CA and poach some of Humboldts recruits depending on vision. Plus you have a superior advantage of the Northwest is empty of coaches like it mostly is.
1/1/2013 4:08 PM
My opinion would be Albany State its located in south Georgia and there are no D II schools in Florida. Of course you would have to build your vision up first but on the surface it seems like an ideal situation
1/1/2013 7:19 PM
Posted by jrock1477 on 1/1/2013 7:19:00 PM (view original):
My opinion would be Albany State its located in south Georgia and there are no D II schools in Florida. Of course you would have to build your vision up first but on the surface it seems like an ideal situation
Only issue is West Georia/Weast Alabama/Valdonsta State/Tuskegee. Two of those four are normal well established. I don't think I have seen a strong Albany State team in my time win...at least not in the worlds I have played in,.
1/1/2013 8:35 PM
Posted by jrock1477 on 1/1/2013 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Actually, Valdosta State is closer to Florida than Albany State, making Valdosta State in the Top 5 DII recruiting locations, IMO.
1/2/2013 8:02 AM
Big THANKS to TRIBE...  Thnaks for the file.

Also, THANK YOU to everyone for weighing in here.  All of the schools mentioned above are already taken in my world (so they are all obviously good choices).
1/2/2013 12:59 PM
I always thought Western New Mexico would make a good D2 place to be. Can virtually control all of the Southwest, reach into CA and be competitive with Humboldt, plus have access to south Texas.

The good thing about D3-D1AA is that you have the ability to build any team into a dynasty. If you are in a strong conference with lots of playoff teams and money, then can even build team to compete with the established teams in 5-7 seasons. 
1/2/2013 4:05 PM
Posted by headpirate on 1/2/2013 4:05:00 PM (view original):
I always thought Western New Mexico would make a good D2 place to be. Can virtually control all of the Southwest, reach into CA and be competitive with Humboldt, plus have access to south Texas.

The good thing about D3-D1AA is that you have the ability to build any team into a dynasty. If you are in a strong conference with lots of playoff teams and money, then can even build team to compete with the established teams in 5-7 seasons. 
The money maker is Colorado in D-III. Want to talk about advantage. NO ONE is around them.
1/2/2013 4:17 PM
I have killed it in recruiting at both Humboldt and W. NM for the reasons mentioned above. No competition for recruits for the most part.
1/2/2013 4:35 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.