Engine Haters only Please! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
it sucks but upsets happen right?
1/1/2013 11:07 PM
Yes this game sucks and I can't remember the last time I lost to a SIm team. Just driving players away with this BS
1/1/2013 11:30 PM
It is not all that bad after I sat back and took a look at the results. The engine for some reason dials up a lot more INTS then ever before. If you running a heavy passing attack that is the risk.
1/1/2013 11:38 PM
That would be great if I ran a heavy passing attack. For some reason the engine decided to pass twice as much as I usually do.
1/2/2013 4:22 AM
The Colorado OL would not appear to be good enough to ever have their offense score 37 points.   Some decent players on the team but should not score 37 or beat Texas.
1/2/2013 9:17 AM
Looking at that team, there's no way they should've beaten that UT team.  They are a decent/good DIAA team at best.  POS engine.....
1/2/2013 9:38 AM
That's ridiculous.
1/2/2013 12:32 PM
Posted by ozzzball19 on 1/2/2013 9:19:00 AM (view original):
The Colorado OL would not appear to be good enough to ever have their offense score 37 points.   Some decent players on the team but should not score 37 or beat Texas.
The first thing I did was look at their roster. For a four year SIm they do have a few good players but not 37points worth.
1/2/2013 1:15 PM
This is now a common occurrence w/o a doubt. I only hope that we are being told the truth now and that beta will be coming out within the next 2 weeks. I'm losing all desire to play this current game and all aspects of my teams are now showing it.

This plain shouldn't happen. But as bad as this game was, in the last 8 months or so it has gotten much worse with many more random bad upsets like this one.

1/2/2013 1:16 PM
Posted by fastec27 on 1/2/2013 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ozzzball19 on 1/2/2013 9:19:00 AM (view original):
The first thing I did was look at their roster. For a four year SIm they do have a few good players but not 37points worth.
Especially not against a roster like Texas has.  My roster would be another story. 
1/2/2013 2:02 PM
Part of the problem when this is discussed - the "upsets happen" mantra - is that the impact of an upset loss is substantially higher for D1A teams than those at lower levels.  Coaches at the elites have invested the time to understand the game thoroughly and do what's necessary to succeeed in all of the facets - recruiting, gameplay, etc.  When they are denied an opportunity at an NC simply because the engine decided to randomly crap on them, it's beyond frustrating. 
1/2/2013 2:06 PM

2 seasons ago I lost to a long time sim in my last non conference game by 20 points....and that was my only loss all season.  I went on and won the D3 title and won every game in the playoffs by at least 3 touchdowns.  I guess I'm not sure of how fun the game would be if there were a 0% chance of losing to a bad team.

1/2/2013 2:42 PM
Posted by bjaygee on 1/2/2013 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Part of the problem when this is discussed - the "upsets happen" mantra - is that the impact of an upset loss is substantially higher for D1A teams than those at lower levels.  Coaches at the elites have invested the time to understand the game thoroughly and do what's necessary to succeeed in all of the facets - recruiting, gameplay, etc.  When they are denied an opportunity at an NC simply because the engine decided to randomly crap on them, it's beyond frustrating. 
Sure…that is the debatably. A loss hurts for all teams but Elites have a superior advantage as it is. They could lose three games out of conference and run the table the rest of the way. Their talent advantage is consistently superior to whoever they face.  And at the lower levels a loss is just as equal to a loss at the higher level. Now you go from a one seed to a three seed with how wacked up the ranking system is which in turn causes a much earlier matchup of top teams. Someone is losing and someone is losing vision. Bigger impact if you ask me to a two loss Elite in a level 5 again and equal chance at a title game the next season. Little ole Worchester State may have to wait four seasons before it has a team strong enough to win it all again.
1/2/2013 3:00 PM
Posted by tampafla on 1/2/2013 3:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjaygee on 1/2/2013 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Sure…that is the debatably. A loss hurts for all teams but Elites have a superior advantage as it is. They could lose three games out of conference and run the table the rest of the way. Their talent advantage is consistently superior to whoever they face.  And at the lower levels a loss is just as equal to a loss at the higher level. Now you go from a one seed to a three seed with how wacked up the ranking system is which in turn causes a much earlier matchup of top teams. Someone is losing and someone is losing vision. Bigger impact if you ask me to a two loss Elite in a level 5 again and equal chance at a title game the next season. Little ole Worchester State may have to wait four seasons before it has a team strong enough to win it all again.
I respect your opinion but disagree.  "Little ole Worchester State" isn't playing the level of competition that D1A coaches face.  It plays SIMs and newbies and even with a loss can get into a 32 team tournament.  D1A schools are penalized for soft schedules and can't get to an NC unless they're a 1 or 2 seed.  That's apples and oranges.
1/2/2013 3:23 PM
123456 Next ▸
Engine Haters only Please! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.