Engine Haters only Please! Topic

Posted by genuvar on 1/3/2013 12:25:00 AM (view original):
And just like Starfinder put in his post 990 of 1000 your going to win.. but the game is built off of percentages... rolls of a die. Eventually you are going to roll a 1 and the computer or someone else is going to roll a six.. and if it happens enough you are going to lose.
Glad I'm paying good money(rewards) for this! 
1/3/2013 12:28 AM
You know the game of Risk? Its a simple strategy game where everything is based off rolls. I could easily march my stack of 20 units into a territory that only has 1 unit. I did all that work to build up that stack and I should win, dominate even.. but for some dang reason I kept rolling 1 and 2 and you kept rolling 5 and 6 and you beat me. Its not really positive WIS.. its just facts that you dont like.
1/3/2013 12:30 AM
Posted by genuvar on 1/3/2013 12:30:00 AM (view original):
You know the game of Risk? Its a simple strategy game where everything is based off rolls. I could easily march my stack of 20 units into a territory that only has 1 unit. I did all that work to build up that stack and I should win, dominate even.. but for some dang reason I kept rolling 1 and 2 and you kept rolling 5 and 6 and you beat me. Its not really positive WIS.. its just facts that you dont like.
Risk? Never heard of it. So your example means nothing to me. Is risk sorta like War (with Cards) now that is fun!! But my king kept coming up against aces.Then my jacks lost to queens.....and so on and so on....Wow is that game fun! Much like the current version of GD...except I have years and dollars invested into WIS. Most of back when teams didn't lose because they were "over confident". you invested time into figuring out the engine. you actually recruited and game planned your teams to winning. It wasn't left up to rolling a 6 instead of a 5. But thats just me and I'm competitive ...some come from the trophies for everyone camp.

1/3/2013 12:40 AM
Posted by fastec27 on 1/3/2013 12:40:00 AM (view original):
Risk? Never heard of it. So your example means nothing to me. Is risk sorta like War (with Cards) now that is fun!! But my king kept coming up against aces.Then my jacks lost to queens.....and so on and so on....Wow is that game fun! Much like the current version of GD...except I have years and dollars invested into WIS. Most of back when teams didn't lose because they were "over confident". you invested time into figuring out the engine. you actually recruited and game planned your teams to winning. It wasn't left up to rolling a 6 instead of a 5. But thats just me and I'm competitive ...some come from the trophies for everyone camp.

So every "upset" that has happened in cfb is an outrage?  Gee lets look at your stats:

3130 wins to 1007 losses
69 conf champs
3 national titles

I think its pretty safe to say you know what your doing.

How many of those 1007 losses were "upsets"?  Better way to phrase it is:  F****** GD blows,  This is an outrage!  This is a travesty that I paid for this and I lost to either a sim  or a less experienced coach (half the time).  This isnt right.  Who was JConte kidding!  I should be back playing techno bowl where I cant lose, but I want this to be simulation, and in my defense upsets arent included.  I cant hit the "reset button".  This is a joke, call the "football sim police", I got robbed!  What a bunch of crap.

I feel better that Norbert is taking the time to ensure that this doesnt happen in the future version

1/3/2013 1:29 AM
Oh well its probably better to just go back to bashing WIS if that makes you feel better.. 
1/3/2013 1:35 AM
Posted by starfinder77 on 1/3/2013 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fastec27 on 1/2/2013 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by starfinder77 on 1/2/2013 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Upsets happen. Texas threw three picks. This game will probably be Colorado's bright spot. In real life, this gets "chalked" up to a case of overconfidence.
exactly where do I find the Confidence button in this game? Starfinder please refrain from posting positive **** about the engine in my Wis bash Thread. You can go start you own thread....please see original post.

and Tampafla, nobody cares about..my team in bryant did this and my team in heisman did this. again please keep this thread on course. NO POSITIVE WIS comments please. 
I wasn't being negative nor was I being positive, I was being realistic. Ur QB has thrown 6 piks all year, 3 of which were in that game. It was nothing more then that a bad game. No matter what version of GD we r playing, results such as this are going to happen. If you played this game 1000 times as talented as Texas is, u would win 990 of them. I'm willing to bet damn near every coach can think back to 1 or 2 games that make u say WTF.
The only WTF games I've had have been with this engine.  I knew why I won or lost with the old engine.

I'm also having a WTF season.  Through 9.5 games, I have never had fewer penalties in a game than my opponent.  There is no discernible difference in GI, TECH or formation IQ, yet I'm penalized more severely in every game.  

I can't wait for the new engine, I hope it doesn't suck.
1/3/2013 3:17 AM
Posted by starfinder77 on 1/3/2013 1:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fastec27 on 1/3/2013 12:40:00 AM (view original):

So every "upset" that has happened in cfb is an outrage?  Gee lets look at your stats:

3130 wins to 1007 losses
69 conf champs
3 national titles

I think its pretty safe to say you know what your doing.

How many of those 1007 losses were "upsets"?  Better way to phrase it is:  F****** GD blows,  This is an outrage!  This is a travesty that I paid for this and I lost to either a sim  or a less experienced coach (half the time).  This isnt right.  Who was JConte kidding!  I should be back playing techno bowl where I cant lose, but I want this to be simulation, and in my defense upsets arent included.  I cant hit the "reset button".  This is a joke, call the "football sim police", I got robbed!  What a bunch of crap.

I feel better that Norbert is taking the time to ensure that this doesnt happen in the future version

I knew what I was doing under the older engines. NOBODY knows what they are doing under this current cluster. Maybe if you had the time invested in this that others do you would feel different.  Now please get out of my thread unless you have something  negative to say!
1/3/2013 6:56 AM (edited)
Posted by genuvar on 1/3/2013 1:35:00 AM (view original):
Oh well its probably better to just go back to bashing WIS if that makes you feel better.. 
Yes it does. 
1/3/2013 6:45 AM
This would be a great day to announce the beta is ready to go...........
1/3/2013 6:46 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by slid64er on 1/3/2013 3:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by starfinder77 on 1/3/2013 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fastec27 on 1/2/2013 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by starfinder77 on 1/2/2013 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Upsets happen. Texas threw three picks. This game will probably be Colorado's bright spot. In real life, this gets "chalked" up to a case of overconfidence.
exactly where do I find the Confidence button in this game? Starfinder please refrain from posting positive **** about the engine in my Wis bash Thread. You can go start you own thread....please see original post.

and Tampafla, nobody cares about..my team in bryant did this and my team in heisman did this. again please keep this thread on course. NO POSITIVE WIS comments please. 
I wasn't being negative nor was I being positive, I was being realistic. Ur QB has thrown 6 piks all year, 3 of which were in that game. It was nothing more then that a bad game. No matter what version of GD we r playing, results such as this are going to happen. If you played this game 1000 times as talented as Texas is, u would win 990 of them. I'm willing to bet damn near every coach can think back to 1 or 2 games that make u say WTF.
The only WTF games I've had have been with this engine.  I knew why I won or lost with the old engine.

I'm also having a WTF season.  Through 9.5 games, I have never had fewer penalties in a game than my opponent.  There is no discernible difference in GI, TECH or formation IQ, yet I'm penalized more severely in every game.  

I can't wait for the new engine, I hope it doesn't suck.
+1
1/3/2013 9:57 AM
Who in this world has never heard of RISK?

"The Ukraine is weak my friend"
1/3/2013 10:21 AM
conquerclub.com...FREE online Risk! ;)
1/3/2013 10:53 AM
This engine is a dirty, dirty whore.
1/3/2013 12:02 PM
Posted by brocal on 1/3/2013 12:02:00 PM (view original):
This engine is a dirty, dirty whore.

You the Man!

1/3/2013 2:06 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Engine Haters only Please! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.