Ultimate Team Challenge -- Challenge 10 Posted Topic

So, hookem & nyaggie are eliminated

Arfy/knee win on tiebreaker and get advantage
1/13/2013 8:48 PM
how did my kicker get 3 points?
1/13/2013 8:49 PM
Posted by phillyboy108 on 1/13/2013 8:49:00 PM (view original):
how did my kicker get 3 points?
Typo, but the fix wouldn't change your position into first or last.
1/13/2013 9:21 PM
Well done Arfy. We went with his line up. (but i did pick the tie breakers)
1/13/2013 10:06 PM
Actually you went with our lineup. Just different tiebreakers. Well played
1/13/2013 11:52 PM
Yeah I hit the tackles right on the head for the tiebreaker. As for the team, we decided to sm each other our thoughts. His roster arrived and was a little different than mine but i never even he sent him mine because I liked his a little better. However I know my team would have done well too. I am just to lazy to total it up.
1/14/2013 9:47 AM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 1/13/2013 10:06:00 PM (view original):
I have to thank my astrologist for these picks.
1/14/2013 6:27 PM
There will be a challenge up today for Wednesday-Thursday, then a challenge up Friday for the NFL Conference Championship games.
1/15/2013 7:10 AM
Posted by Arfy on 1/14/2013 6:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kneeneighbor on 1/13/2013 10:06:00 PM (view original):
I have to thank my astrologist for these picks.
You're welcome.
1/15/2013 10:04 AM
Challenge No. 3: NCAA Men's Basketball

There are 17 ranked men's basketball teams playing on Wednesday or Thursday

Wednesday

(13) Butler
(14) N.C. State
(15) San Diego State
(16) Kansas State
(17) Missouri
(18) Michigan State
(19) New Mexico
(25) Marquette

Thursday
(3) Duke
(5) Michigan
(8) Gonzaga
(9) Minnesota
(10) Florida
(21) Oregon
(22) VCU
(23) Illinois
(24) UCLA

The challenge is in two parts
Part one: You must choose either the 10 ranked teams you think will score the most or You must choose the 10 ranked teams that you think will hold their opponents to lowest score. You must declare which side you are choosing in your submission.

The second part is you must choose three more teams that you think will win by the most points. They must be different than other 10 teams you have already chosen.

Here is the scoring.

Part 1
All the teams who chose to go for most points will compete with each other. All the teams that chose to go for the least points will compete with each other. The two that did the best on each side will go to part two to attempt to earn the reward. The two that did the worst on each side will go to part two to compete for elimination.

Caveat -- If you are the only team to choose one side then you automatically win that side, and the other nine teams will compete with the loser of that side going home. The two side winners will still move on to part 2.

Part 2
The two teams that won their sides will go for the highest combined spread. Higher one wins advantage next challenge.
The two teams that lost their sides will go for the highest combined spread. Lower one is eliminated.

Tiebreaker 1: Winner of Michigan-Minnesota game
Tiebreaker 2: Team with most offense rebounds among the 17 ranked teams
Tiebreaker 3: Florida's leading scorer in the game
Tiebreaker 4: First to get it to me

Picks due by 4 p.m. EST tomorrow

Advantage for arfy/kneeneighbor
You do not have to declare which side you are playing until after Wednesday night's games.
One caveat, if 8 of the other teams choose one side and 1 chooses the other, and then you choose to go to the side with 1, the team on that side is already guaranteed safety, and you have to beat them to be safe as well and make it a contest between the other eight teams.
Obviously, if all nine teams choose one side, you can decide to be on the other side a day later and guarantee your safety.

1/15/2013 2:18 PM (edited)
Posted by dublinuf on 1/15/2013 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Challenge No. 3: NCAA Men's Basketball

There are 17 ranked men's basketball teams playing on Wednesday or Thursday

Wednesday

(13) Baylor
(14) N.C. State
(15) San Diego State
(16) Kansas State
(17) Missouri
(18) Michigan State
(19) New Mexico
(25) Marquette

Thursday
(3) Duke
(5) Michigan
(8) Gonzaga
(9) Minnesota
(10) Florida
(21) Oregon
(22) VCU
(23) Illinois
(24) UCLA

The challenge is in two parts
Part one: You must choose either the 10 ranked teams you think will score the most or You must choose the 10 ranked teams that you think will hold their opponents to lowest score. You must declare which side you are choosing in your submission.

The second part is you must choose three more teams that you think will win by the most points. They must be different than other 10 teams you have already chosen.

Here is the scoring.

Part 1
All the teams who chose to go for most points will compete with each other. All the teams that chose to go for the least points will compete with each other. The two that did the best on each side will go to part two to attempt to earn the reward. The two that did the worst on each side will go to part two to compete for elimination.

Caveat -- If you are the only team to choose one side then you automatically win that side, and the other nine teams will compete with the loser of that side going home. The two side winners will still move on to part 2.

Part 2
The two teams that won their sides will go for the highest combined spread. Higher one wins advantage next challenge.
The two teams that lost their sides will go for the highest combined spread. Lower one is eliminated.

Tiebreaker 1: Winner of Michigan-Minnesota game
Tiebreaker 2: Team with most offense rebounds among the 17 ranked teams
Tiebreaker 3: Florida's leading scorer in the game
Tiebreaker 4: First to get it to me

Picks due by 4 p.m. EST tomorrow

Advantage for arfy/kneeneighbor
You do not have to declare which side you are playing until after Wednesday night's games.
One caveat, if 8 of the other teams choose one side and 1 chooses the other, and then you choose to go to the side with 1, the team on that side is already guaranteed safety, and you have to beat them to be safe as well and make it a contest between the other eight teams.
Obviously, if all nine teams choose one side, you can decide to be on the other side a day later and guarantee your safety.

13 Should be Butler, not Baylor
1/15/2013 2:17 PM
Sorry was typing in a hurry
1/15/2013 2:19 PM
If we pick a team for Part 2 and they happen to lose, do we get negative points or zero points?
1/15/2013 4:35 PM
negative
1/15/2013 10:16 PM
Also note the rule that the teams in Part 2 cannot be the same as any chosen in part 1
1/15/2013 10:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...20 Next ▸
Ultimate Team Challenge -- Challenge 10 Posted Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.