OT Obama Paranoid Government Coming For His Guns Topic

Posted by dream76 on 2/6/2013 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Actually, I think every person should own a personal nuclear weapon.  After all, the only thing stopping bad people with nuclear weapons are good people with nuclear weapons! 
I don't disagree with that, but whats your point?

I live in the country and know my neighbors, they are good people. If they owned a nuclear weapon I would have no fear what so ever. With these weapons under the control of Barack Obama or George W Bush? This gives me no comfort at all.

Wise up. Good people aren't the ones doing harm to their neighbor. My owning a semi automatic rifle with a 30 or 50 round clip is no threat to you or anyone else. It is a threat evidently to the powers that be, Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Bloomberg, since they are in a panic to take them away from law abiding citizens.

2/6/2013 2:58 PM (edited)
Posted by Arfy on 2/5/2013 7:36:00 AM (view original):
Whoa don't get all crazy on us Jibe!  Otherwise they'll start calling you 'Old man Jibe' and the rumors will start flyin! lol
LOL

As Cooter used to say on the Dukes of Hazzard, "I maybe crazy but I ain't stupid."
2/6/2013 2:39 PM
I am very happy to know that I am in a forum with people who quote the "Dukes of Hazzard" in supporting their belief system, while trying to justify military weapons in civilian life....without the slightest hint of irony or thought that it might indeed be....STUPID!
2/6/2013 2:46 PM
Actually, I think every person should own a personal nuclear weapon.  After all, the only thing stopping bad people with nuclear weapons are good people with nuclear weapons! .......................

Dream76- That's called a false analogy its an illogical comparison between two distinctly different things. Nice try though why don't you go take some high school classes  before you come in here all high and mighty! lol

2/6/2013 2:49 PM
Posted by dream76 on 2/6/2013 2:46:00 PM (view original):
I am very happy to know that I am in a forum with people who quote the "Dukes of Hazzard" in supporting their belief system, while trying to justify military weapons in civilian life....without the slightest hint of irony or thought that it might indeed be....STUPID!
No it appears as though you are stupid and narrow minded and very uptight and unhappy with thyself.

Sure I could quote Shakespeare sonnets if I wished. I was teasing with Arfy, now go grow up and try growing some nuts.

2/6/2013 3:01 PM
Very mature, folks--I don't need to act high and mighty if I am higher and mightier than you are---both in education and morality.  Think about this:  How many automatic weapons would Jesus own? 

....and if you need a bigger gun to think that you're a bigger man, then you have more Freudian issues than I care to address.  Good day, that is all.
2/6/2013 4:06 PM
You do realize that:
 1. The proposal is a ban on new assault rifles and ammo clips,
 2. There are no confiscation orders in the proposed ban,
 3. That the law has to pass the House and Senate to become law, and
 4. The House will not pass the assault weapon ban.

Therefore, all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth is for naught. Obama gets to say "I tried" to his left wing. The right wing gets to say "we stopped him". The NRA sees an explosion of new memberships. Gun manufacturers are selling guns and ammo for 2x to 3x value to dumbasses who think Obama is going to "take my guns", and in the end, the only thing that will likely pass is the 100% background check.

Therefore, the idea of a church having a vigil to stop gun confiscation is HILARIOUS because it is stupidity on top of irony that a CHURCH is having a vigil to save a tool of violence.  Like I said. Dumbasses.
2/6/2013 4:20 PM
Posted by dream76 on 2/6/2013 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Very mature, folks--I don't need to act high and mighty if I am higher and mightier than you are---both in education and morality.  Think about this:  How many automatic weapons would Jesus own? 

....and if you need a bigger gun to think that you're a bigger man, then you have more Freudian issues than I care to address.  Good day, that is all.
Jesus said, "he that hath no sword let him sell his garment and go buy one".

The Roman sword was the highest weaponry  of its day.

2/6/2013 4:30 PM

Let's add to the controversy in this room(just for fun).

Why would you use a character that doesn't exist?  Why not use Superman or Iron man?

2/6/2013 4:42 PM
Posted by Arfy on 2/6/2013 4:42:00 PM (view original):

Why would you use a character that doesn't exist?  Why not use Superman or Iron man?

With respect, it is pretty well accepted that Jesus is/was real. The argument regards around his orgin, acts, and legacy.
2/6/2013 5:48 PM

WWJD?

2/6/2013 6:01 PM
Posted by ermackey on 2/6/2013 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 2/6/2013 4:42:00 PM (view original):

With respect, it is pretty well accepted that Jesus is/was real. The argument regards around his orgin, acts, and legacy.
Yeah, I know.  it was the only way I could make it more dramatic though.
2/6/2013 7:01 PM
Eh, while I would prefer to keep religion out of the debate, it is probably a crux of the matter on gun control. Many people see it as a moral dilemma.

However, since I don't have much time to type an editorial, I will leave everyone with this thought: Switzerland has the largest percent of citizens carrying guns in the world. Switzerland has the lowest violent crime rate in the world.
2/6/2013 7:13 PM
Posted by caesari on 2/6/2013 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Eh, while I would prefer to keep religion out of the debate, it is probably a crux of the matter on gun control. Many people see it as a moral dilemma.

However, since I don't have much time to type an editorial, I will leave everyone with this thought: Switzerland has the largest percent of citizens carrying guns in the world. Switzerland has the lowest violent crime rate in the world.
I am with you. I am a gun owner and am pro-gun. However, I am really getting a kick out of the people who are internalizing a proposed ban on the importation or saleof assault weapons for civilian use into gun confiscation. People have self-deluded themselves retarded.
2/6/2013 7:27 PM
Posted by ermackey on 2/6/2013 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 2/6/2013 7:13:00 PM (view original):

I am with you. I am a gun owner and am pro-gun. However, I am really getting a kick out of the people who are internalizing a proposed ban on the importation or saleof assault weapons for civilian use into gun confiscation. People have self-deluded themselves retarded.
 But just for debates sake, what is an assault weapon? And why would I trust this government to define this? What were assault weapons back in the 1770's when Jonas Clarke among others said no to turning them in? The King didn't want the colonists to have the assault weapon of their day either.

If I'm deluded so were the men that gave their lives at Lexington green.

2/6/2013 9:10 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
OT Obama Paranoid Government Coming For His Guns Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.