Hear ye, hear ye.... Yes or No? Topic

Here's the scenario.  An elite program turns a recruit green on Day 1 of recruiting with an AC call, an AC Scouting Trip, and Three CV.  A non-elite makes a single AC call five cycles before signing.  The non-elite is not the preferred school of the recruit.  Is there ANY way the recruit turns "yellow" and considers that non-elite school as well based on 1 AC phone call?

What say you experienced recruiters?
1/31/2013 12:32 AM
No way.
1/31/2013 1:25 AM
....but I'll bet that he did.
1/31/2013 1:26 AM
You're a nut Fermor. Si o no, mi amigo
1/31/2013 1:34 AM
No.
1/31/2013 3:32 AM
I guess anything is possible, but I've never seen it!
1/31/2013 6:36 AM
Elite:
1 AC Call
1 AC Scouting Trip
3 Campus Visits

BCS:
1 AC Call

No.  No way.

1/31/2013 8:21 AM (edited)
And, I'll add, if someone has told you this happened, somebody in the scenario is lying.

1/31/2013 8:22 AM
SHEART!
1/31/2013 8:41 AM
Posted by potter444 on 1/31/2013 1:35:00 AM (view original):
You're a nut Fermor. Si o no, mi amigo
;-)
1/31/2013 11:41 AM
Posted by bhouska on 1/31/2013 8:22:00 AM (view original):
And, I'll add, if someone has told you this happened, somebody in the scenario is lying.

No, on the 1 phone call.

Agree on the lying part.
1/31/2013 12:00 PM
You guys are all correct.  It wouldn't happen with a single phone call and it sure as hell ain't true. 

Here's the back story.  Some guy in Wilkinson was working on a Top 200 recruit (a DB) within 360 miles of my school, an elite.  His school was almost 1000 miles away from the recruit.  It was him and a SIM.  I jump in and then it's just us two.  A few cycles before signings, he gets my kicker recruit---whose well over 1000 miles away from his school---to go from green to yellow. 

Ok.  Laughably ricidulous move on his part but whatever.  I send him email before signings saying, "Hahahahahahahahahahhaa"---nothing else---and I end up signing both the K and the DB.

He ends up pestering me via sitemail for an explanantion on my sitemail.  He knows why but he is playing stupid.  I don't respond initially then I do when he keeps sitemailing.

His explanation for the Kicker going from green to yellow....

-----Original Message-----
To: potter444
Sent: 1/30/2013 8:36:00 PM
Subject: RE: Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ahhhh...gotcha. Now it's making sense. Yeah, you probably jumped the gun on the verbal spat. I put $10 down on all the guys you had in green(like I do with ALL coaches im battling for a recruit with) so I can keep tabs on where they are with money. Sad thing is, your kicker turned yellow on an Ast Coach phone call

1/31/2013 4:54 PM (edited)
Posted by potter444 on 1/31/2013 4:54:00 PM (view original):
You guys are all correct.  It wouldn't happen with a single phone call and it sure as hell ain't true. 

Here's the back story.  Some guy in Wilkinson was working on a Top 200 recruit (a DB) within 360 miles of my school, an elite.  His school was almost 1000 miles away from the recruit.  It was him and a SIM.  I jump in and then it's just us two.  A few cycles before signings, he gets my kicker recruit---whose well over 1000 miles away from his school---to go from green to yellow. 

Ok.  Laughably ricidulous move on his part but whatever.  I send him email before signings saying, "Hahahahahahahahahahhaa"---nothing else---and I end up signing both the K and the DB.

He ends up pestering me via sitemail for an explanantion on my sitemail.  He knows why but he is playing stupid.  I don't respond initially then I do when he keeps sitemailing.

Ahhhh...gotcha. Now it's making sense. Yeah, you probably jumped the gun on the verbal spat. I put $10 down on all the guys you had in green(like I do with ALL coaches im battling for a recruit with) so I can keep tabs on where they are with money. Sad thing is, your kicker turned yellow on an Ast Coach phone call

Turned yellow when 1000+ miles away on a AC PHONE CALL!!!! GIVE me that stuff, I need some.... NEVER in my entire career have I seen that. Or in this situation believe it.
1/31/2013 4:56 PM
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 1/31/2013 4:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by potter444 on 1/31/2013 4:54:00 PM (view original):

Turned yellow when 1000+ miles away on a AC PHONE CALL!!!! GIVE me that stuff, I need some.... NEVER in my entire career have I seen that. Or in this situation believe it.
Unless Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is your AC, you're not greening recruits with a single phone call.  I'd give the guy's ID but I hope he's man enough to out himself in the forums. 
1/31/2013 6:33 PM
It was me!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Just kidding, I coach NIU. In case you guys are wondering, we aren't exactly a powerhouse.
1/31/2013 6:42 PM
12 Next ▸
Hear ye, hear ye.... Yes or No? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.