I tentatively plan on opening the first beta world on Feb 12th.  I say tentatively because I have a beta world running in test and want to make sure everything is running fine with it, plus I will be out of the office most of next week, so if I do find anything wrong with the test beta world between now and then, I might have to adjust the schedule.  There's also the possibility that we run into technical issues when creating the beta site on production which could delay the launch.

In either case, whenever we are ready to allow users to sign up for beta, I will post it in the forums and in the GD admin message, as well as hopefully getting an email blast out to the users that GD beta is open.  So you will know when it is ready, but I wanted to give a little warning ahead of time.  If it looks like we are good later next week, I'll post the date ahead of time in more obvious locations to make sure all people that want to participate know it is going on.

So it looks like whoever chided me about the Valentine's Day Beta Launch is going to be correct.

1/31/2013 5:00 PM
Getting excited and anxious... thanks norbert!
1/31/2013 5:03 PM
Sweet! Can't wait!
1/31/2013 5:06 PM
Perfect!! No chocolates for my wife THIS year!
1/31/2013 6:45 PM
are we going to have to pay for beta?
1/31/2013 6:52 PM
On Valentine's Day  we will have been married for two years but that would never stop me from beta testing.  What will is that I am going into the hospitol for hip replacement from the 13 till the 15. My wife said that she would make sure that I have my laptop but I am not sure with the meds and all if I would be abule to see straight or not. Let alone think strait.  LOL
1/31/2013 7:01 PM
Posted by tazmanian710 on 1/31/2013 6:52:00 PM (view original):
are we going to have to pay for beta?
No. Any user of WIS will be able to join the beta world and seasons will be free.  This also means that at some point in time after beta and after we move the update live, we will be wiping out the beta worlds.  There will be a little disclaimer on the purchase page to set expectations for beta in that players, schedules, etc. may change during the beta period and games may be delayed or played more quickly, depending on what is going on in beta.
1/31/2013 7:02 PM
First come first serve? How will you decide what team or division you get in the beta? Once 1 world fills - will you start another?
1/31/2013 9:29 PM
This might be the only way I ever get an elite :)

1/31/2013 10:57 PM
AWESOME!!
2/1/2013 5:54 AM
Posted by teamville on 1/31/2013 9:29:00 PM (view original):
First come first serve? How will you decide what team or division you get in the beta? Once 1 world fills - will you start another?
You will pick a DIII team in beta as you do normally.  In future seasons, I'll look at ways to get users up to the higher divisions earlier than normal.  I will open more worlds as demand dictates, but I don't want to open too many worlds right off the bat.
2/1/2013 9:59 AM
Norbert, is there any way to set up beta for users to play in divisions they are qualified for?  The player ratings from DIII to D1 are so different that it may make it a lot more difficult for coaches who only play in higher divisions to determine how player roles, depth charts, GP are actually working. 
2/1/2013 11:12 AM
Wait your not working next week, NOT ALLOWED.
2/1/2013 11:14 AM
"Norbert, is there any way to set up beta for users to play in divisions they are qualified for?  The player ratings from DIII to D1 are so different that it may make it a lot more difficult for coaches who only play in higher divisions to determine how player roles, depth charts, GP are actually working."

This may not be possible, but I think it's a good idea. We will need beta testing across all levels, and the sooner we can do it, the better. There are some users who are more than qualified to go straight to a DI elite and give it a good test run. There are other coaches, like me, who should stick with DII or DIII.

I also think BHaz should automatically get an elite even though - - well -

But seriously, the contributions of BHaz, yatzr and other coaches providing free tools needs to be recognized. I would definitely let them have first shot at schools in fertile recruiting territory.
2/1/2013 11:23 AM
Posted by jhard70 on 2/1/2013 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Norbert, is there any way to set up beta for users to play in divisions they are qualified for?  The player ratings from DIII to D1 are so different that it may make it a lot more difficult for coaches who only play in higher divisions to determine how player roles, depth charts, GP are actually working. 
It has been so long since D3 that I will have a big adjustment. I definitely agree that norbert needs to get all divisions opened up. Those of us that have played at DIA exclusively for the past several seasons should have a priority to get a DIA level job in the beta. Those who have only made it to D2 should only be qualified for a D2 team and nothing higher. This way you will have coaches at their current level where they are most comfortable and can provide the best feedback possible.
2/1/2013 12:40 PM
1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.