Ok recruiting started the 27th. I put 29 CV on one recruit in day one to where only 11 were accepted, I lost him to a sim paying a total of $14,469 on him early.

The second recruit I offered 21 CV to where 15 were accepted and spending a total of $19,695 On him where I lost him to a sim team.

Thats $34,164 I spent on two recruits that should have signed with me earlier so I wouldn't have to pay that much and could have used the money on others.

So I spent the money on these recruits early they just wouldnt drop the last of the three sims they were considering, and yes ******* (damauler/dream76) it is a damn conspiracy, So go **** yourself you WIS employee.
2/2/2013 3:44 PM
Posted by ginobili04 on 2/2/2013 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Ok recruiting started the 27th. I put 29 CV on one recruit in day one to where only 11 were accepted, I lost him to a sim paying a total of $14,469 on him early.

The second recruit I offered 21 CV to where 15 were accepted and spending a total of $19,695 On him where I lost him to a sim team.

Thats $34,164 I spent on two recruits that should have signed with me earlier so I wouldn't have to pay that much and could have used the money on others.

So I spent the money on these recruits early they just wouldnt drop the last of the three sims they were considering, and yes ******* (damauler/dream76) it is a damn conspiracy, So go **** yourself you WIS employee.
The recruiting system stated by gino is the reason it needs to be fixed, Having to plop 29 CV on any recruit is simply stupid and annoying, especially if you are up against a SIM. Many options are realistic to make recruiting less of an auction and more fun - taking the whole week and not being a race. Such tings as: A system of scouting players for their backgrounds (want to play close/far from home, Form IQ (where they may have one IQ in the 40's - others around 10), want to play in the west, east, south, north etc, and more work to get potential would be good to develop interest thrugh letters, phone calls, scouting trips. Have HC and AC home visits mean the most and allow only one per cycle per coach. Recruits would be able to pick 5 schools for 1 CV only - and schools could add more perks to the visit (1st class ticket, limo, 5 star hotel/restaurant, pool party etc) with the more attention getting the most weight.

With a little imagination we could make the recruiting part of the game more fun as well.
2/2/2013 6:28 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 2/2/2013 6:28:00 PM (view original):

The recruiting system stated by gino is the reason it needs to be fixed, Having to plop 29 CV on any recruit is simply stupid and annoying, especially if you are up against a SIM. Many options are realistic to make recruiting less of an auction and more fun - taking the whole week and not being a race. Such tings as: A system of scouting players for their backgrounds (want to play close/far from home, Form IQ (where they may have one IQ in the 40's - others around 10), want to play in the west, east, south, north etc, and more work to get potential would be good to develop interest thrugh letters, phone calls, scouting trips. Have HC and AC home visits mean the most and allow only one per cycle per coach. Recruits would be able to pick 5 schools for 1 CV only - and schools could add more perks to the visit (1st class ticket, limo, 5 star hotel/restaurant, pool party etc) with the more attention getting the most weight.

With a little imagination we could make the recruiting part of the game more fun as well.
Players that prefer a coaches system too. Why would a stud RB want to come to an all pass school when he will only get 50 carries a year when another school would get him 25-30 a game? Or a QB that will get only 8-10 pass attempts per game when a passing team will get him 40? This would add to the fun of recruiting.

I know a lot of coaches that will say recruiting is fun, the only fun part of the game. I beg to differ. I find its become stale. I don't find throwing 50 CV's or more at a player a whole lot of fun. First of all its stupid and fully unreal. Second, guys talk of all the strategy behind it when we all know its about how many $$$$ goes into a player. Lets allow a system, team success, team location, starting and playing, a coaches history at a school mean something. Lets have the kid with the bad attitude and a history of getting into trouble a meaningful part of the game again and a high risk/high reward thing. Lets allow all of these to actually carry some real weight and make recruiting more real and interesting.

2/2/2013 8:59 PM
Posted by jibe on 2/2/2013 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by katzphang88 on 2/2/2013 6:28:00 PM (view original):

Players that prefer a coaches system too. Why would a stud RB want to come to an all pass school when he will only get 50 carries a year when another school would get him 25-30 a game? Or a QB that will get only 8-10 pass attempts per game when a passing team will get him 40? This would add to the fun of recruiting.

I know a lot of coaches that will say recruiting is fun, the only fun part of the game. I beg to differ. I find its become stale. I don't find throwing 50 CV's or more at a player a whole lot of fun. First of all its stupid and fully unreal. Second, guys talk of all the strategy behind it when we all know its about how many $$$$ goes into a player. Lets allow a system, team success, team location, starting and playing, a coaches history at a school mean something. Lets have the kid with the bad attitude and a history of getting into trouble a meaningful part of the game again and a high risk/high reward thing. Lets allow all of these to actually carry some real weight and make recruiting more real and interesting.

I agree with everything jibe just said.
2/3/2013 9:39 AM
I agree that the recruiting system is the next thing that needs to be addressed.   I don't like to have to spend a boat load of cash to knock off 3 sims then not be able to battle others for some studs.  Heck most of the time I leave those be and go after undecideds.
2/3/2013 10:37 AM
These suggestions are starting to be real interesting. Maybe gino could change the title to get more interest in a recruiting rebellion after the engine change. Recruiting now is pretty dumb, and worse at the higher levels. I like the idea of seeing everyone. Even DIII teams could get some higher leftovers with some flaws. The way the players are set isn't realistic. I real life there are some really good DIII players, but they have some flaws that keep them out of the big time. Seeing all would make the DIII more wait and see who doesn't get picked up by the higher schools. Seems it would add some drama as DII and DIII wait it out.
2/3/2013 12:09 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.