Question about recruiting Topic

I have been reading up on recruiting in hopes of turning the corner with my teams. I have seen a lot of people talk about sending multiple cv to a player during a single cycle. Why? Is it to give a player multiple chances to accept one if he declines the 1st? Also if you send multiple will the player go on multiple CVs during the same cycle? Cause that could kill money real fast. Im assuming they only go on 1 a cycle.
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

2/7/2013 1:24 AM
Multiple CV's in one cycle is for DIAA and DIA, not for DII and DIII.

The main thing about recruiting is to find players with good core values that have high potential so they will grow.

Do you have any specific questions?

2/7/2013 7:44 AM
Posted by bhouska on 2/7/2013 7:44:00 AM (view original):

The main thing about recruiting is to find players with good core values that have high potential so they will grow.

Why is multiple CVs a good strategy in DIAA and DIA but not so much in DII or DIII?   Money???
2/7/2013 9:42 AM

Ok cool, you answered my main question about sending multiple CVs.

My other big question has to do with the range. Im trying a new approach where I stay within 100miles for my original wave of recruits. Im curious if this is a good strategy. The player quality was surprisingly high considering I took over a long time sim. Reason im trying this is I ran out of cash on my last recruting season and had to settle for some of my 2nd tier prospects.
Thanks for the help
2/7/2013 10:39 AM
You can expand up to 179 miles without any signifigant increase in cost.  From 180 - 360 your costs jump and then increase again over 360.
2/7/2013 10:58 AM (edited)
oh sweet, thanks for the heads up ozzzball!
2/7/2013 10:46 AM
Both of you should read the "recruiting manifesto" that is published in these forums as part of "GDs Guide to the Game".  It will explain a lot.

Regarding multiple CVs, its really about how much money (aka, recruiting effort) you put into a player.  At D3 and D2, sometimes it is good to use multiple CVs to knock off a SIM or another human coach, however, to your point...it bleeds you dry quickly and is generally not recommended.  At the higher levels it is expected to required much more "recruiting effort" to win over a player, therefore you have more money, therefore you can afford to send the multiple CVs that might be required to win a recruiting battle.  At D3, you can probably only afford one battle.  At D2 you might be able to afford 2.  It just depends on who, where, and what player.

Regarding range....the primary advantage is staying below 360 miles.  After that, the expense goes up significantly.  If you can find good recruits within 5 miles, then great...most likely you will need to expand well beyond 100 miles to get the quality you need/want at some positions.  I would not go beyond 360 until you have gotten decent at recruiting and not running out of money....going beyond 360 will just help you go broke faster.

There are many variations and opinions on the above, but those are my thoughts/advice.
2/7/2013 10:48 AM
Posted by vatech on 2/7/2013 9:42:00 AM (view original):

Why is multiple CVs a good strategy in DIAA and DIA but not so much in DII or DIII?   Money???
Yes, it is cost prohibitive.  And frankly, unnecessary.  You can find just as good "undecideds" more than likely.

2/7/2013 12:29 PM
Posted by shlog3131 on 2/7/2013 10:39:00 AM (view original):

Ok cool, you answered my main question about sending multiple CVs.

My other big question has to do with the range. Im trying a new approach where I stay within 100miles for my original wave of recruits. Im curious if this is a good strategy. The player quality was surprisingly high considering I took over a long time sim. Reason im trying this is I ran out of cash on my last recruting season and had to settle for some of my 2nd tier prospects.
Thanks for the help
Like they said, stay under 180 miles, not 100.  Basically the same prices.

2/7/2013 12:30 PM
Question about recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.