Multiple Recruiting Years Topic

I was thinking, it sure would be interesting if you were allowed to view a year ahead while recruiting the current season. This would provide more strategy for the game. For instance, you have 2 QB's, you get a QB green but then you look ahead and see that there is a much better QB within your 360. Do you sign the QB that you know you can get, or save some cashing knowing that you are going to go after the QB the following year. What would make it better would be if you were allowed as many scouting visits as you had seniors.
2/10/2013 4:14 AM
That would be awesome. Maybe even allow to take a limited number of scouting trips throughout the season. Implementing some sort of in season recruiting will get rid of much of the dead period during recruiting. Should recruiting start in season and you get responses back daily? Many people will think this is not fair to new coaches, but let me remind you in the real world it goes the same. 
2/10/2013 6:51 AM
in season recruiting would be great
2/10/2013 11:32 AM
For D1a this would work, but for all other levels vision makes this impossible.
2/10/2013 11:43 AM
Posted by damauler12 on 2/10/2013 11:43:00 AM (view original):
It wouldn't make it impossible, just more speculative.
2/10/2013 11:56 AM
Posted by scrodz on 2/10/2013 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Maybe impossible isn't the perfect word...but it's darn close. People can't even figure out why Player A isn't starting in their lineups. Imagine a game where people "scout" a player all season and then drop a ton of money 1st recruiting cycle...only to find out that guy is no longer in their vision. I consider myself a fairly smart guy and a pretty decent coach. 100% chance I would not be able to keep track of who was still in my vision and who no longer wasn't.

Let's have norbert fix the game engine 1st...you know...so most people can start ******** about how random and sucky that engine is!!!!

2/10/2013 12:26 PM
Posted by damauler12 on 2/10/2013 12:26:00 PM (view original):
Maybe impossible isn't the perfect word...but it's darn close. People can't even figure out why Player A isn't starting in their lineups. Imagine a game where people "scout" a player all season and then drop a ton of money 1st recruiting cycle...only to find out that guy is no longer in their vision. I consider myself a fairly smart guy and a pretty decent coach. 100% chance I would not be able to keep track of who was still in my vision and who no longer wasn't.

Let's have norbert fix the game engine 1st...you know...so most people can start ******** about how random and sucky that engine is!!!!

It is a cool idea but mauler is right... one (baby) step at a time lol
2/10/2013 4:35 PM
Posted by damauler12 on 2/10/2013 12:26:00 PM (view original):

If a coach drops a ton of money onto a guy without verifying what his vision is, he deserves to lose the cash. I can guarantee (from personal experience) that he'll remember the 2nd time...
2/10/2013 6:42 PM
Jconte has killed everyone optimism.
2/10/2013 7:53 PM
Multiple Recruiting Years Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.