OT: Favorite Athletes of all time Topic

A few more of my all time favorites...Reggie Jackson and Pele
2/20/2013 1:35 PM
Posted by Arfy on 2/20/2013 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jibe717 on 2/20/2013 11:54:00 AM (view original):
I'll throw a few more baseball names out there. Ryne Sandeberg, Robin Yount, Andre Dawson, Tim Raines and Rickey Henderson. I couldn't stand Rickey and his cociness. But he backed up every ounce of it on the field.
All good ones!  Rickey hittin home runs to start every game.  Also fun to watch was Vince Coleman, Kenny Lofton, and Gary Carter.
Goose Gossage, Reggie Jackson, Pete Rose and Fernando Valenzuela. I can never forget FernandoMania and watching him sit in the Dodger dugout after the 8th inning with that ****** grin of his as he waited to close out another win. I believe it was 81.

2/20/2013 1:39 PM
When I was younger, I always enjoyed reading about the story of Bob Beamon and his record breaking Long Jump in the 1968 Olympics.  Yes, it was Mexico's City's light air, but it was so much farther than anyone had ever jumped before, and it came from someone who wasn't supposed to do that well.
2/20/2013 2:00 PM
Jenna Jameson without a doubt. Maybe Amber Lynn too
2/20/2013 2:10 PM
Posted by jhard70 on 2/20/2013 1:35:00 PM (view original):
A few more of my all time favorites...Reggie Jackson and Pele
Reggie Jackson!  That's a good one!  Mr. October!

How about Carl Lewis? .  Winning gold in everything!

2/20/2013 2:59 PM
Track and Field....of course Carl Lewis. also Butch Reynolds, Edwin Moses, Allen Johnson, Frankie Fredericks.  Evelyn Ashford, Jackie Joyner-Kersee
2/20/2013 9:15 PM
Of all time is difficult. Hnnnnnn

1. Brett Favre- gonna catch hell for this probably, but the guy was my idol when I was in high school. He is the reason I became a die hard Packers fan. Now while I frown on the end of his career, no one can ever get close to the place he once occupied in my mind.

2. MJ-- um... duh. The guy is immortal. He beat Kidd-Gilchrist in a game of one-on-one, at the age of 50.

3. Reggie White- although I am not always a shining light, I am a Christian, and him being my favorite defensive player and the guy I modeled my game after as well as a reverend, makes him awesome. RIP.

4. Jerry Rice- class act, and good golly gosh, the man could play. Randy Moss isn't anywhere near his level.

5. Thurman Thomas-- another kinda off the wall pick, but he was a stud who I always admired. When I was little I wanted to not only be a running back, but Thurman Thomas.

6. Joey Chestnut- Not really, but the fella can eat.
2/20/2013 9:45 PM
Muhammad Ali - The Greatest all tiiiime!!!

Pete Rose - Should be in the HOF.  I don't give a f**k what he bet on.

Michael Jordan - For now. I may feel differently when Lebron retires.
2/20/2013 10:39 PM
Posted by jhard70 on 2/20/2013 9:15:00 PM (view original):
Track and Field....of course Carl Lewis. also Butch Reynolds, Edwin Moses, Allen Johnson, Frankie Fredericks.  Evelyn Ashford, Jackie Joyner-Kersee
I was a big Carl Lewis fan  back in the day. But, when I saw Usain Bolt run, I thought  'Carl who?' Would pay alot of money to see Bolt and Lewis (in his prime) run a 100m sprint.
2/20/2013 10:47 PM
Posted by caesari on 2/20/2013 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Of all time is difficult. Hnnnnnn

1. Brett Favre- gonna catch hell for this probably, but the guy was my idol when I was in high school. He is the reason I became a die hard Packers fan. Now while I frown on the end of his career, no one can ever get close to the place he once occupied in my mind.

2. MJ-- um... duh. The guy is immortal. He beat Kidd-Gilchrist in a game of one-on-one, at the age of 50.

3. Reggie White- although I am not always a shining light, I am a Christian, and him being my favorite defensive player and the guy I modeled my game after as well as a reverend, makes him awesome. RIP.

4. Jerry Rice- class act, and good golly gosh, the man could play. Randy Moss isn't anywhere near his level.

5. Thurman Thomas-- another kinda off the wall pick, but he was a stud who I always admired. When I was little I wanted to not only be a running back, but Thurman Thomas.

6. Joey Chestnut- Not really, but the fella can eat.
The Packers, really?  

I lived in the Milwaukee Metro area for 11 years.  If I see another Packer, it will be  too soon!  Lunatics!

2/21/2013 12:09 AM
Detroit teams: Mark Fidrych, Barry Sanders, Steve Yzerman, Bob Lanier, Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns
All others: Brooks Robinson, Steve Bartkowski, Mario Lemiuex, George"Iceman" Gervin, Joe Frazier
2/21/2013 10:19 AM
Bo Jackson
Deion Sanders
Cal Ripken
Michael Jordan
Dr. J
Walter Payton
Lawrence Taylor
Mike Schmidt
2/21/2013 12:36 PM
Magic Johnson
Bo Jackson
Eric Dickerson
Fernando Valenzuela
Walter Payton
2/21/2013 4:03 PM
◂ Prev 1234
OT: Favorite Athletes of all time Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.