Please do NOT update the engine Topic

I just won my first National Championship today (Wilkinson D3).  It took over two years for the first one....so if you change the engine, it  will probably take two more!! 
2/20/2013 7:41 PM
congrats !!
2/20/2013 8:17 PM
Congrats harris!
2/20/2013 9:03 PM
2/20/2013 9:21 PM
I am in the Beta and I like the current engine more than the new one. The simpler design alone is preferable to me. Just tweak it.

Besides that, we are just shuffling deck chairs. Everytime we change the engine, a group of people will dislike something.  As the Who said, "Meet the new boss; Same as the old boss."
2/20/2013 9:43 PM
Posted by ermackey on 2/20/2013 9:43:00 PM (view original):
I am in the Beta and I like the current engine more than the new one. The simpler design alone is preferable to me. Just tweak it.

Besides that, we are just shuffling deck chairs. Everytime we change the engine, a group of people will dislike something.  As the Who said, "Meet the new boss; Same as the old boss."
The current engine is definitely in need of repair, BUT it seems to me, at least my first impression, is that this new engine is more complicated and it looks like a lot more time consuming. That will be good for some and not so good for others. I fall into the latter category. But I am hoping it is better than the current engine and the strong majority will like it.
2/20/2013 9:52 PM
So far the new engine is not impressive. The bells and whistles r great, but if you can't find your way around it or it takes years to set up is it really going to b worth it? I was under the impression that we would be able th put different players in different formation. I have not been able to figure that out even in the advanced. What is up with having to signify that a player is a starter twice? Last but not least, when the time comes to switch the current v 2 to this, how is it going to roll over to v 3? Why can't u just have a drop down tab of the formations and input what players u want at what positions?
2/26/2013 10:52 PM
Yeah I agree the new depth chart having to be set twice has been a nuisance and the difficulty setting all the settings is rather complex I'd have to cut down from my two teams to one in order to not spend all day on this website doing my settings and game plan adjustments.
2/27/2013 2:42 AM
I'm with the previous few posters here. The new game just seems quite cumbersome to me. Heck it took me the better part of two hours just to put 1 gameplan together. Unless there are some drastic changes to the formatting of setting a team up I don't see how anyone could handle more than 3-4 teams.

With spring coming and that being my busy season along with baseball now being here I'm likely dropping down to 1 team soon. I'm in the camp of just getting something closer to 1.0 back.
2/27/2013 10:05 AM
Posted by jibe717 on 2/27/2013 10:05:00 AM (view original):
I'm with the previous few posters here. The new game just seems quite cumbersome to me. Heck it took me the better part of two hours just to put 1 gameplan together. Unless there are some drastic changes to the formatting of setting a team up I don't see how anyone could handle more than 3-4 teams.

With spring coming and that being my busy season along with baseball now being here I'm likely dropping down to 1 team soon. I'm in the camp of just getting something closer to 1.0 back.
+1
Closer to V 1.0 is what I would like to see. This update may backfire on WIS.
2/27/2013 10:41 AM
Posted by cgreenemax on 2/27/2013 10:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jibe717 on 2/27/2013 10:05:00 AM (view original):

+1
Closer to V 1.0 is what I would like to see. This update may backfire on WIS.
+!
2/27/2013 11:57 AM
I think simple and with "logical" outcomes is what everyone wants. The more complexed you try and make this the more craziness is likely to happen.

I really do not mind the current engine --- I think it's pretty consistant with the occasional head scratcher.
2/27/2013 12:06 PM
Posted by ermackey on 2/20/2013 9:43:00 PM (view original):

2/27/2013 2:57 PM
Posted by airraiddevil on 2/27/2013 12:06:00 PM (view original):
I think simple and with "logical" outcomes is what everyone wants. The more complexed you try and make this the more craziness is likely to happen.

I really do not mind the current engine --- I think it's pretty consistant with the occasional head scratcher.
+ 10,000,000
2/27/2013 7:05 PM
I mentioned this earlier and sent a ticket on it. Could WIS keep version 2 as the basic game and make version 3 the advanced? The response to the ticket was to put it up here.
2/27/2013 7:07 PM
1234 Next ▸
Please do NOT update the engine Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.