"Undecided" guys flipping to you last cycle? Topic

This is very probably a stupid question.  If you have spent effort trying to get a guy to consider you and he remains staunchly undecided, is there a chance he considers you maybe towards the end of the recruiting period with no additional effort?  Or will he just sign with a SIM if no other human coach touches him.....
3/1/2013 10:15 AM
If you have done at least a scout, you have a chance.  If you have done a visit and he is still undecided, you have an even better chance.  During the last 2 days of recruting, the recruit's threshold for how much effort he expects before he will consider a team gets lower and lower.  Every recruit I have ever AC Scouted and had a Campus Visit on that remained undecided ended up green for me by the noon ET cycle of the last day.  I have had a couple of guys never turn green if I had only done an AC Scout, but you still have a shot.
3/1/2013 10:29 AM
Posted by jc1796 on 3/1/2013 10:15:00 AM (view original):
This is very probably a stupid question.  If you have spent effort trying to get a guy to consider you and he remains staunchly undecided, is there a chance he considers you maybe towards the end of the recruiting period with no additional effort?  Or will he just sign with a SIM if no other human coach touches him.....
Depends on what you mean by effort:
If all you've done is use phone calls and letters, he won't sign with you (you need at least a minimum of an AC Scout to sign a recruit).
If the recruit is not in your DIII (I'm guessing) search results, he won't sign with you, regardless of how much effort you've put in.
If you have given the guy at least one AC Scout, he's in your DIII search, and you've offered him a scholarship, he MAY sign with you.
If he is undecided (not being pursued by any other schools), he'll fade off into the ether once recruiting is done (he won't sign with any team).

3/1/2013 10:30 AM
I've never had one not sign with me if I had at least a AC scout on him.  From what I understand it's not guaranteed they will, but it's never failed me.
3/1/2013 10:39 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 3/1/2013 10:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jc1796 on 3/1/2013 10:15:00 AM (view original):
Depends on what you mean by effort:
If all you've done is use phone calls and letters, he won't sign with you (you need at least a minimum of an AC Scout to sign a recruit).
If the recruit is not in your DIII (I'm guessing) search results, he won't sign with you, regardless of how much effort you've put in.
If you have given the guy at least one AC Scout, he's in your DIII search, and you've offered him a scholarship, he MAY sign with you.
If he is undecided (not being pursued by any other schools), he'll fade off into the ether once recruiting is done (he won't sign with any team).

I dont know what you mean by this... You mean if he is out of my vision?  If so, yes, the guys I'm talking about are all in my vision.
3/1/2013 11:15 AM
These responses are actually really surprising to me.  In the past, I typically sign all my guys ASAP so they don't get poached late in the cycle by other human coaches.  And by effort, I mean AT LEAST an AC scout and a CV.

So - if there is a guy I really like who is undecided, stay on top of him and keep a scholly open is what I am hearing....

Edit:  I lied, one of the guys I'm on who is undecided refused CVs twice.  I did have an AC Scout on him.

3/1/2013 11:49 AM (edited)
yes, an undecided player who you've AC scouted will most likely sign with you at the end. (assuming he's in your vision, assuming no one else comes in on him, etc)
3/1/2013 12:58 PM
He'll probably sign, but not 100% for sure.

3/1/2013 5:13 PM
"Undecided" guys flipping to you last cycle? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.