SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Posted by dublinuf on 3/11/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
I choose Arkansas-Pine Bluff
I'll take Houston Baptist.
3/11/2013 10:06 PM
Is now the best time to play the Idol of Little Taliwack?
3/11/2013 10:18 PM
I was torn between Slippery Rock and Stony Brook...
3/11/2013 10:23 PM
Posted by polabonez on 3/11/2013 10:26:00 AM (view original):
http://youtu.be/FEGc5EmOXxc
I thought you were gonna Rick-Roll us for a second!
3/11/2013 11:08 PM
so when are starting the challenges...we need to trim a little fat off these tribes as some of the guys have already spoiled.
3/12/2013 3:31 PM
I believe the plan is to release the first challenge tonight. Horvie should be posting it when he is ready. Just letting everyone know now that the challenge's will be sent to a new account that we created. The ID is Survivorxii. This will allow both of us to be able to check and keep up with the scores of each challenge and keep it simple for you guys to send them to just 1 account rather than whichever one of us will be taking them.
3/12/2013 5:50 PM
Thanks Ghutton
3/12/2013 6:43 PM
Challenge #1: NCAA Championship Week – Double Elimination

This is a double elimination challenge! The two lowest scoring tribes will each vote out one member. The winning tribe will be immune and gain a small advantage in the next challenge. This challenge also lasts multiple days, which will give you time to become acquainted with your tribemates!

All 23 Survivor participants must submit their picks by Wednesday @ 11pm EST. Players must submit their picks by sitemail to the username "survivorxii". Any participants who fail to submit their picks by the deadline will be out of the challenge, and their points will not count for the tribe.

*Since Tribe Under-Armour is short one member, their captain will designate one member to submit 2 entries. Redraider68 MUST make a post in the thread (before the deadline, but ASAP) declaring which player will submit twice. 

The Challenge
Each individual will choose TWO teams from each of the five conferences!  Picking a favorite would earn your tribe a small amount of points. Being risky and picking an underdog could earn your tribe a significant amount of points, but the team must finish 1st or 2nd in their conference tournament. If your pick becomes the conference tournament champion, your tribe will receive 2x the amount of points next to that team’s name. If your team becomes the runner-up, your tribe will receive 1x the amount of points. Standings will be determined by the sum of all points from all members of the tribe...highest score wins!  

Big 10 (Choose 2):               ACC (Choose 2):                    SEC (Choose 2):
Indiana 3                                Duke 3                                      Florida 2
Ohio State 4                           Miami 3                                    Kentucky 4
Michigan State 5                   North Carolina 5                     Missouri 6
Michigan 6                             Virginia 6                                  Mississippi 6
Wisconsin 6                          NC State 7                               Alabama 8
Minnesota 11                        Maryland 12                            Tennessee 8
Iowa 11                                   Florida State 12                     Arkansas 11
Purdue 12                              Georgia Tech 14                    Georgia 14
Illinois 14                               Boston College 14                 LSU 14
Nebraska 16                         Wake Forest 18                      Vanderbilt 14
Northwestern 18                  Clemson 18                            Texas A&M vs Auburn winner - 22
Penn State 24                       Virginia Tech 22                     S.Carolina vs Miss State winner - 24

Atlantic 10 (Choose 2):                         Big 12 (Choose 2):
St. Louis 3                                                Kansas 2
VCU 3                                                        Kansas State 4
Temple 5                                                  Oklahoma State 5
LaSalle 6                                                  Baylor 6
Butler 8                                                     Oklahoma 7
UMass 9                                                   Iowa State 8
Richmond 10                                           Texas vs TCU winner - 12
Xavier 10                                                   W.Virginia vs Tex Tech winner - 20
Charlotte 12
St. Joseph's 13
George Washington 15
Dayton 16

Example: My two picks for the Big 10 tourney are Ohio State and Minnesota…
-OSU wins the conference tourney = 8 points (2 times 4pts)
-OSU is the runner-up = 4 points
-OSU does not make the finals = 0 points
-Minnesota wins the conference tourney = 22 points
-Minnesota is the runner-up = 11 points
-Minnesota does not make the finals = 0 points

Tie-Breakers:
Tie-breaker #1: Winner of Big East Conference Tourney (submitted by captain)
Tie-breaker #2: Total combined points in Big Ten championship game (submitted by captain)
Tie-breaker #3: Total combined points in SEC championship game (submitted by captain)

If you have any questions, send a sitemail to Ghutton9 or Horvie78...or post below.  Results will be announced on Sunday, March 17th and then voting will occur.

Sample Entry:
Big 10: Indiana, Purdue
ACC: Miami, Virginia
SEC: Florida, LSU
Big 12: Baylor, Kansas
A10: VCU, Richmond

Click Here For Conference Tournament Brackets
5/1/2013 11:48 PM (edited)
Just to clarify important points...

-sitemail your entry to survivorxii by Wed @ 11pm EST
-everybody submits an entry...you may discuss it with your team or submit on your own
-captains send tie-breakers

3/12/2013 8:20 PM
Csudak will submit two entries for Team UA.
3/12/2013 8:52 PM
I just want to set a rumor clear. I am not Arfy, snakep, or dubz. I am not playing under an alias, or I would not have joined the game with this username in January. Nor would I have had GD success (check my records), and known that Survivor XII was going to be played a mere two months after I created the name. I am CitizenKane, not Nostradamus. I want to play Survivor without the rumor monkey riding my back. I used to play the game off an on in the past seven years. This is my first name in the past two. Thank you very much guys. 
3/12/2013 9:35 PM
I personally thought it would have been an alias for cardsfankane.

For the record my second account is trinityuf, and I am not sure if I even know how to log into it.
3/12/2013 10:07 PM
I think the real account in question is shoe21. What about golfpro? He sure pulled some serious crap in the last Survivor. It could be him as another alias. You know we haven't heard a word from him about this game. I am thinking that he possibly created that alias in February knowing that this game was coming up and he didn't want to come back as he probably would have a huge target on his back. The more I think about it, his name was golfpro71 and this shoe21 also has two numbers at the end of his username. Hmmmm......
3/12/2013 10:26 PM
A very good assumption but just shoe21 I started using GD cuz buddy I work with told me about it and the new beta came out so I could try it for free... I seen the post on this forum and thought its be fun since I work midnight a and get very bore at work... But yea great observation just not me... But I loved watching the show and this looks like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll be around for a lil bit good luck guys
3/12/2013 11:04 PM
I have a 2nd ID where I co-coach. coach17915
3/13/2013 12:45 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.