SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Posted by ghutton9 on 3/21/2013 9:26:00 PM (view original):
I truly suck at golf, so that would be a terrible ID for me too. Never been to Philly either so that one doesn't work for me. I have no explanation for why I wouldn't be a horvie though. We did make the final 2 of the last survivor and then won the Ultimate team challenge together. I guess I could be losing my mind and actually have a split personality. lol
Did we actually win it?  I never totaled up knee/arfy's picks, but it looked like it was going to be close.
3/21/2013 9:51 PM
NCAA CHALLENGE #3 PICKS

All 3 tribes decided to play it conservatively.  This challenge is going to come down to a few games.  I hope that there are a TON of upsets tomorrow!!!

Matchup   Adidas   Nike   Under Armour
Albany/Duke   (2) Duke   (2) Duke   (2) Duke
Miss/Wisc   (5) Wisconsin   (5) Wisconsin   (5) Wisconsin
Temple/NC St   (8) NC State   (8) NC State   (8) NC State
Pacific/Miami   (2) Miami   (2) Miami   (2) Miami
Cincy/Creighton   (7) Creighton   (10) Cincinnati   (10) Cincinnati
LaSalle/K-State   (4) Kansas St   (4) Kansas St   (4) Kansas St
Jmadison/Indiana   (1) Indiana   (1) Indiana   (1) Indiana
Colorado/Illinois   (7) Illinois   (7) Illinois   (7) Illinois
Florida GC/G-town   (2) Georgetown   (2) Georgetown   (2) Georgetown
Iona/Ohio St.   (2) Ohio St   (2) Ohio St   (2) Ohio St
Nova/UNC   (8) UNC   (8) UNC   (8) UNC
NW State/Florida   (3) Florida   (3) Florida   (3) Florida
Oklahoma/SD St.   (7) SD State   (10) Oklahoma   (10) Oklahoma
Iowa St./ND   (7) Notre Dame   (7) Notre Dame   (10) Iowa State
W.Kent/Kansas   (1) Kansas   (1) Kansas   (1) Kansas
Minn/UCLA   (11) Minnesota   (11) Minnesota   (11) Minnesota
Advantage           +5
Total    14    0    15

Tie-breaker 1   18   23   17
Tie-breaker 2   22   16   19
Tie-breaker 3   114   136   145
Tie-breaker 4   1st   2nd   3rd

3/22/2013 11:55 PM (edited)
Only 8 outcomes possible from the 3 games -- Cin/Creighton ; SD State/OK  ; ND/Iowa State

UA goes on combo of winners -- Creighton, SD State, ND
Nike goes on combo of winners -- Creighton, SD State, Iowa State
Adidas goes on all other combos.    

3/21/2013 11:42 PM
Posted by citizenkane on 3/21/2013 6:23:00 PM (view original):
The true identities of ghutton9 and horvie78 have been founded...

www.quickmeme.com/meme/3th22u/
Okay, you got me. I am the mastermind behind all the aliases- hahaha!
3/22/2013 12:32 AM
Well we have to win Creighton and San Diego St. If we dont get both we vote again.
3/22/2013 8:45 AM
I hope that Cincinnati never wins a game wearing those uniforms ever again. The are hideous.
3/22/2013 5:23 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 3/21/2013 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ghutton9 on 3/21/2013 9:26:00 PM (view original):
I truly suck at golf, so that would be a terrible ID for me too. Never been to Philly either so that one doesn't work for me. I have no explanation for why I wouldn't be a horvie though. We did make the final 2 of the last survivor and then won the Ultimate team challenge together. I guess I could be losing my mind and actually have a split personality. lol
Did we actually win it?  I never totaled up knee/arfy's picks, but it looked like it was going to be close.
I dont think anything was ever offically announced but when I counted ours we came up about 5 short of what you guys counted for yours.
3/22/2013 5:24 PM
I told UA to pick Florida Gulf Coast, and they didn't listen.
3/22/2013 9:20 PM
C'mon SD State!
3/22/2013 10:44 PM
With the advantage, Under Armour edged out Adidas and will receive an exclusive clue to the immunity idol in the near future.  

Tribe Nike lost the challenge and will head to tribal council.  Each member of Nike must send their vote to survivorxii by Saturday at 8pm EST.
3/22/2013 11:59 PM
This just got interesting. It's a shame we lost.
3/23/2013 12:32 AM
Can we have challenge 5 already? Voting sucks.
3/23/2013 3:33 PM
VOTING RESULTS...

Nike Tribe
3 votes for sjurat
4 votes for mlee
sjurat did not vote...he officially receives his first warning...anymore missed votes will result in disqualification!

mlee does not have national title immunity, so he has been voted out of Nike and will head to redemption island.

There will be no challenge tomorrow, but there will be an "action required" post in about 30 minutes...
3/23/2013 8:34 PM
ACTION "REQUIRED" - Letter to a Friend

An immunity idol has been hidden somewhere on the main island. There are a series of clues that will help you find the location of the idol.

Each of you that are still on the main island have the opportunity to obtain a clue to the idol, but you must write a "Letter to a Friend" and sitemail it to the survivorxii account. If you are on redemption island, you may write a letter if you'd like to vent, but cannot earn a clue.

The letter should be similar to a journal entry and your friend(s) are Ghutton and myself. The length can be one paragraph or five, and the letter should talk about some of the following items in your game so far: the challenges, alliances, friends, enemies, triumphs, frustrations. 

Somewhere in the letter, you must...
1) have the name of at least 1 other Survivor player
2) tell us how confident you are about winning the game of Survivor. If you are not confident, tell us who you predict to be crowned Survivor champion.

The letters will be held in strict confidence, and will not be revealed during the game. After the game is completely over, we may reveal some of the information in our Survivor XII recap.

The deadline for submitting your letter is tomorrow (Sunday) at 8pm EST. Again, make sure to sitemail the letter to "survivorxii".  After the deadline has passed, we will send out clues and post directions for finding the idol on the forum.  Tribe Under Armour will receive an additional clue for winning the last challenge.
3/23/2013 9:13 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 3/23/2013 8:34:00 PM (view original):
VOTING RESULTS...

Nike Tribe
3 votes for sjurat
4 votes for mlee
sjurat did not vote...he officially receives his first warning...anymore missed votes will result in disqualification!

mlee does not have national title immunity, so he has been voted out of Nike and will head to redemption island.

There will be no challenge tomorrow, but there will be an "action required" post in about 30 minutes...
Just docked in San Juan - peeling like a son-a-***** --- and ready rock the building with my 4-fingered ring and gold rope.
3/24/2013 6:03 AM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.