SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Posted by kneeneighbor on 4/22/2013 8:21:00 PM (view original):
Well maybe not thats challenge immunity.
Right.
4/22/2013 8:25 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 4/22/2013 8:21:00 PM (view original):
Well maybe not thats challenge immunity.
Challenge immunity can be won after everybody has merged into one tribe.  
4/22/2013 8:31 PM
Challenge #11: Predict That Stat

Each tribe will be predicting statistics in 6 of Tuesday night’s games. Each game will have 3 stats that need to be predicted. One member from each tribe is assigned to a game. These two members will be “bidding” to see who gets to predict each stat. I will send a sitemail to each player (from the survivorxii account) with the 3 statistics they are to bid on. They will send a sitemail back saying, “I can predict that stat within _____”. To make things easier for me, they will also include their prediction next to each bid. The player with the lowest bid will have to predict the statistic. If the actual statistic is within the bid amount (high or low) of the prediction, then they will earn a point for their tribe. If it is not within the range, then the other tribe earns a point. The tribe with the most points wins the challenge. 

Example:
San Antonio vs. LA Lakers (last night’s game) – combined points for T.Duncan & T.Parker…
Player A – “I can predict that stat within 7 (prediction - 45 points)”
Player B – “I can predict that stat within 5 (prediction - 48 points)”
Player B wins the bid and must have a prediction within 5 points (high or low). Their prediction is 48 points. For Player B to win a point, the actual combined points must be between 43 and 53. The total combined points for Duncan & Parker was 35. Player B’s prediction was incorrect, so Tribe A earns the point.

A few notes:
-Your bids and predictions must be whole numbers.
-If you bid “within 0”, then your prediction must be exact.
-If both players make the same “within” bid, then both players will play their prediction. If both are within the correct range, then both will receive ½ point. If only one player is within the correct range, then that player will receive the full point.
-If a player fails to submit their bids, then the other tribe will receive all of the points for that game.
-Advantage for Tribe BCS: they win the overall tie-breaker.

You will receive a sitemail later tonight containing the 3 statistics in which you are bidding. Bids must be returned to survivorxii by 6:30pm EST tomorrow.
4/22/2013 8:42 PM
Besides the huge bag of Doritos that is awarded to the banished ; can the banished talk to each other while we are sequestered on RI ?
4/22/2013 9:25 PM
Can I say I predict someone will hit a homerun?
4/22/2013 10:02 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 4/22/2013 10:02:00 PM (view original):
Can I say I predict someone will hit a homerun?
Yes you can but it won't matter.
4/22/2013 10:43 PM
VOTING RESULTS:

2 votes for psap
4 votes for swany623
swany623 did not vote on time...he receives his warning

swany623 is voted out of Tribe Mid-Major and goes to redemption island
If swany623 returns to the game and misses another vote, he will be disqualified

4/22/2013 11:05 PM
You have all been sent the statistics that you need to bid on.  The list of players is on page 49.  Make sure to send your bids and predictions to survivorxii by 6:30pm EST tomorrow.  If you have any questions about the statistics, sitemail me.
4/22/2013 11:22 PM
Posted by psap on 4/22/2013 9:25:00 PM (view original):
Besides the huge bag of Doritos that is awarded to the banished ; can the banished talk to each other while we are sequestered on RI ?
Yes, any members who are currently on redemption island can talk with each other.
4/22/2013 11:23 PM
There are a few percentage statistics.  Just to clarify, percentages will be out of 100.  

Example: Capitals power-play percentage.  If I bid within 8 and my prediction is 20, the PP percentage must be between 12-28 to get the point.  So if the Capitals go 1 for 5 on the power play, that is 20% and I would get the point.
4/22/2013 11:31 PM
horvie and ghutton:

now that i have more time to kick back and relax on the Island - please explain why an idol can't be played at anytime of the owner's choosing ? (ie, at the tie break)

there are no stated rules saying when an idol can or cannot be played, and i think it is beyond the scope of the written rules for you to attempt to interpret what you think the "intent" was -- intent cannot be determined, so if its not written, it should be allowed.

4/22/2013 11:36 PM
Posted by psap on 4/22/2013 11:37:00 PM (view original):
horvie and ghutton:

now that i have more time to kick back and relax on the Island - please explain why an idol can't be played at anytime of the owner's choosing ? (ie, at the tie break)

there are no stated rules saying when an idol can or cannot be played, and i think it is beyond the scope of the written rules for you to attempt to interpret what you think the "intent" was -- intent cannot be determined, so if its not written, it should be allowed.

This is my explanation in terms of what I think is fair and based on the rules of the tv show (and it is exactly what I wrote you when you asked a few hours ago)...

"The idol must be played before any of the votes are read (11pm). The re-vote is actually an extension of the original vote.

If a player was allowed to use the idol before a re-vote, it would really be the same thing as playing the idol after the host reads a few votes with that person's name on it. By that time, the person would already know that they are a target and it would be unfair to play the idol.

So, to keep it simple, on a tribal night...
An idol cannot be passed after 8pm EST
An idol cannot be played after 11pm EST"
5/2/2013 6:48 PM (edited)
I wonder who repas would side with in this argument?!?!?!?
4/22/2013 11:45 PM
i still kind of disagreed -- but then i found this:

http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Immunity_Idol

See 2nd paragraph of RULES.  OK.  Nice job as usual guys.

4/22/2013 11:48 PM
Posted by caesari on 4/22/2013 11:45:00 PM (view original):
I wonder who repas would side with in this argument?!?!?!?
would you agree to an impartial 3rd party.....such as REPAS.... deciding on this rule.

i'm good with that ;)

4/22/2013 11:51 PM
◂ Prev 1...49|50|51|52|53...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.