SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Looks like playing conservative worked. We got a total of 1 point on the bids we won. 9 on bids we didn't.
4/23/2013 11:34 PM
Posted by psap on 4/23/2013 9:26:00 AM (view original):
Of course if you want to look at it from the good side -- just watch Barcelona today -- likely the best team to ever play the game, and the best player to play the game.

Over half their talent is home grown - they don't have to go into the transfer market like other teams.  Players demand to come there.
They just accomplished an incredible feat -- 300 straight games with more time of possession than their opponents - that is a sick stat for anyone who has ever played or appreciates this game.
Oh, and they are the only team in the world that doesn't sell the rights to their jerseys.  Certainly one of the top 3 most valuable jersey ad opportunities -- but they give that space away on their jersey every year to a charity.

If you want to find the bad in any sport, profession, or govt it is there for the finding.  But there is also lots of great stuff going on that should be appreciated.  If you've never watched soccer than this Barcelona team is the team to watch, and the Champions League are the games to watch (they essentially are the post-season).

Barcelona lost 4-nil...oops
4/24/2013 12:20 AM
Posted by sjurat on 4/24/2013 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Of course if you want to look at it from the good side -- just watch Barcelona today -- likely the best team to ever play the game, and the best player to play the game.

Over half their talent is home grown - they don't have to go into the transfer market like other teams.  Players demand to come there.
They just accomplished an incredible feat -- 300 straight games with more time of possession than their opponents - that is a sick stat for anyone who has ever played or appreciates this game.
Oh, and they are the only team in the world that doesn't sell the rights to their jerseys.  Certainly one of the top 3 most valuable jersey ad opportunities -- but they give that space away on their jersey every year to a charity.

If you want to find the bad in any sport, profession, or govt it is there for the finding.  But there is also lots of great stuff going on that should be appreciated.  If you've never watched soccer than this Barcelona team is the team to watch, and the Champions League are the games to watch (they essentially are the post-season).

Just amend it to Bayern. They are by far the best team in Europe this year and will be for at least a few years to come and they've got some fantastic players.

Now, watch, I say this and they'll go out and destroyed in the return match. LOL.

4/24/2013 12:24 AM
"I hereby publically announce that I am passing the immunity Idol back to psap. The same idol that he passed to me the night of the last Tribal Council."
4/24/2013 8:14 AM
Oops?  -- Barca losing takes away nothing from their greatness.

it was clear that Messi was very limited by his hamstring - he probably shouldn't even have played the way he looked and how little he contributed.   not sure why they left David Villa on the bench most of the game, and Cesc didn't even see the field.  

BTW, if you are trying to stick it to me, Barca's not my team -- i'm a Gunner !!
4/24/2013 8:16 AM
Thanks for keeping it safe Shlog !!
4/24/2013 8:16 AM

You just love stirring the pot with hatred and making everything personal don't you sjurat ?

I see you are playing the race card over here on this thread:

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=467139&TopicsTimeframe=30

now i understand why you had to block everyone from your sitemail.

OOPS

4/24/2013 9:14 AM
Posted by shlog3131 on 4/24/2013 8:14:00 AM (view original):
"I hereby publically announce that I am passing the immunity Idol back to psap. The same idol that he passed to me the night of the last Tribal Council."
LOL...

did Psap tell you to say this and you copy/paste this with the quotations?
4/24/2013 9:54 AM
Posted by psap on 4/24/2013 9:16:00 AM (view original):

You just love stirring the pot with hatred and making everything personal don't you sjurat ?

I see you are playing the race card over here on this thread:

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=467139&TopicsTimeframe=30

now i understand why you had to block everyone from your sitemail.

OOPS

No race baiting - just calling out a blatant example of discrimination against people of color in Boston. There is no reason that the percentage of publically funded protective service personnel should be that low in a city like Boston. I'm not advocating quotas, however it is not unreasonable to assume that there isn't an effort to keep it lily white....and btw, you are going home next time.
4/24/2013 10:08 AM
The world is a hypocrisy.  I think everyone knows that.

Everyone sees what they want to see - but depending how one looks at any given situation shapes what you see.  An event like Boston happens and what you see first is race.  What i see is a successful test run for martial law.  But one thing i do consistently see in you and your posts is anger and hatred.
4/24/2013 10:37 AM
Locking the whole city down was a bit much for my taste.
4/24/2013 12:42 PM
Posted by psap on 4/24/2013 10:37:00 AM (view original):

Everyone sees what they want to see - but depending how one looks at any given situation shapes what you see.  An event like Boston happens and what you see first is race.  What i see is a successful test run for martial law.  But one thing i do consistently see in you and your posts is anger and hatred.
Jesus are you an idiot -- I don't even know where to begin to respond - anger and hatred - where do you consistently see that?  Reading between unwritten lines?

Successful run of martial law?  The Boston PD, whilst on high-alert, allowed an untrained 19-yo to escape after a high speed chase...and this kid ends up over 10 miles away.  And the ONLY way they found this kid is after a residnet finds him at a location that had ALREADY been searched by the police.  Great dragnet they threw over the city.

What I did see was a ton of Homeland Security grant monies on display with the armor vehicles and riot/swat guys...which didn't effectively contain nor apprehend the individual (he was passed out). 

4/24/2013 1:11 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 4/24/2013 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Locking the whole city down was a bit much for my taste.
As someone who lives in the Greater Boston area, it was not a bit much.  When you see people and places you have frequented have shootouts and bombs going off, there is never too much you can do.
4/24/2013 1:40 PM
Posted by sjurat on 4/24/2013 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by psap on 4/24/2013 10:37:00 AM (view original):

Jesus are you an idiot -- I don't even know where to begin to respond - anger and hatred - where do you consistently see that?  Reading between unwritten lines?

Successful run of martial law?  The Boston PD, whilst on high-alert, allowed an untrained 19-yo to escape after a high speed chase...and this kid ends up over 10 miles away.  And the ONLY way they found this kid is after a residnet finds him at a location that had ALREADY been searched by the police.  Great dragnet they threw over the city.

What I did see was a ton of Homeland Security grant monies on display with the armor vehicles and riot/swat guys...which didn't effectively contain nor apprehend the individual (he was passed out). 

I'm not really trying to get in the middle of this, but some of the facts you threw out are not correct. 

While they did "luck" into ultimately finding him, they did many successful things in very short amount of time to apprehend the individual, and they did apprehend him as they exchange gunfire 20 minutes before they moved in after the thermal camera showed no major movement.  

He was passed out cause he was shot in the throat.  Pretty sure the cops had something to do with that.

4/24/2013 1:43 PM
Looks like this time im leaving for sure.
4/24/2013 3:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...53|54|55|56|57...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.