SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Posted by shoe21 on 5/14/2013 10:21:00 PM (view original):
I'm gone?
From the dark side, welcome to the bright clear day!
5/14/2013 10:37 PM
VOTING RESULTS

1 vote for sjurat
2 votes for ahrens
4 votes for caesari

caesari is voted out and heads to redemption island
5/14/2013 11:09 PM
I didn't realize Eureka College had such a good acting department.

Good luck guys.

5/14/2013 11:17 PM
I'm posting this early, as I have a very busy day tomorrow...

Challenge #18: A little defense never hurts!

This should be a pretty brutal challenge, but it will let you know exactly where you stand as we head down the stretch. There are 16 sporting items that occur on Thursday for you to predict below. Most involve picking the winning team…a few deal with the over/under. 

All games occur on Thursday

NBA:
8:00 Pacers vs. Knicks – pick the winner
8:00 Pacers/Knicks - Over/Under 180.5
10:30 Spurs vs. Warriors – pick the winner
10:30 Spurs/Warriors - Over/Under 194.5

NHL:
7:30 NY Rangers vs. Bruins – pick the winner
7:30 NY Rangers/Bruins – Over/Under 5.5 goals
10:00 Sharks vs. Kings – pick the winner
10:00 Sharks/Kings - Over/Under 4.5 goals

MLB: (pick the winner)
7:05 Mariners vs. Yankees
7:05 Brewers vs. Pirates
7:10 Red Sox vs. Rays
7:10 Reds vs. Marlins
8:05 Tigers vs. Texas Rangers
8:40 Giants vs. Rockies
10:05 White Sox vs. Angels
10:10 Nationals vs. Padres

Of those 16 items, you will order 13 of them like you are playing in a confidence pool. The other 3 items (that you did not use) can be used to block any of the other Survivors’ picks. 

Blocking:
-Blocking is optional. You are not required to use any of your blocks, if you do not wish.  You cannot block your own picks.
-To block another Survivor’s pick, you must post the following IN THE THREAD: name of Survivor, POINT AMOUNT that you would like to block, and game/prediction being used to block.
-Example: “I will be blocking Player A’s 13-pointer with a White Sox win”. If the White Sox win, Player A cannot win his 13 point game, even if his prediction is correct. If the White Sox do not win, the block fails, and Player A can still win his 13 point game.
-You can post your blocks early or moments before the deadline. You can post all three of your blocks at once, or you can post them one at a time.
-There is no limit on the amount of times a Survivor player can be blocked, so you are allowed to “gang up” on players. 
-Two different players cannot attempt to block the same pick. Make sure that you do not try to block a point value that has already been blocked. If you do this and catch yourself, you are allowed to re-post a different block before the deadline.

Confidence Picks:
-Submit (along with your tie-breakers) by sitemail to survivorxii. Order your picks 13-1 with 13 being your most confident and 1 being your least confident. If your pick is correct (and not successfully blocked), you will earn those points. The Survivor with the most points will win challenge immunity.
-DO NOT use a block attempt game in your confidence picks. If you use a game in your confidence picks that you also attempted a block for, you will not be able to win those confidence points.
-Rainouts/postponed games will earn half of the confidence points placed on that team. If a block attempt is rained-out, then it fails.

Tie-Breakers:
TB1: Survivor who had the most blocks attempted on him.
TB2: Total combined K’s for Verlander & Darvish (or Det & Tex starting pitchers).
TB3: Total combined points in the Pacers vs. Knicks game.
TB4: Order of submission

Confidence picks must be submitted to survivorxii by 6:30pm EST on Thursday
Block attempts must be posted on the thread by 6:30pm EST on Thursday

Advantage for Polabonez: he automatically wins his 5-point game (and it cannot be blocked)
5/15/2013 12:07 AM (edited)
Posted by horvie78 on 5/14/2013 11:09:00 PM (view original):
VOTING RESULTS

1 vote for sjurat
2 votes for ahrens
4 votes for caesari

caesari is voted out and heads to redemption island
And so the die is cast...
5/14/2013 11:39 PM
Block Attempts...

ahrens   kneeneighbor   mb625   polabonez   shoe21   sjurat
13   Sharks (mb625)   Spurs (polabonez)   Red Sox (sjurat)   Knicks (mb625)   Yankees (polabonez)   NY Rangers (mb625)
12   Tigers (knee)   Angels (sjurat)   Tigers (polabonez)            
11   Red Sox (knee)   Golden St (ahrens)   Padres (sjurat)            
10   Bos/NYR Under (knee)       Tex Rangers (ahrens)            
5/16/2013 7:48 PM (edited)
And for my advantage to winning the last challenge, I can not be blocked but have unlimited blocks to use???

Right?
5/14/2013 11:43 PM
Posted by polabonez on 5/14/2013 11:44:00 PM (view original):
And for my advantage to winning the last challenge, I can not be blocked but have unlimited blocks to use???

Right?
Polabonez automatically wins his 5-point pick as an advantage.  That pick cannot be blocked.
5/14/2013 11:46 PM
I would like to block my own (polabonez) 13th pick with the pacers.
I would like to block my own (polabobez) 12th pick with the rangers.
I would like to block my own (polabonez) 11th pick with the marlins.
5/14/2013 11:56 PM
Posted by polabonez on 5/14/2013 11:56:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, I should have been more clear.  You cannot block your own picks.

"The other 3 items (that you did not use) can be used to block any of the other Survivors’ picks."
5/15/2013 12:02 AM
Also, make sure to specify NY Rangers or Texas Rangers
5/15/2013 12:05 AM
Posted by horvie78 on 5/15/2013 12:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by polabonez on 5/14/2013 11:56:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, I should have been more clear.  You cannot block your own picks.

"The other 3 items (that you did not use) can be used to block any of the other Survivors’ picks."
Yeah I figured that wouldn't fly. Worth a shot though
5/15/2013 12:11 AM
Aight well ill go first I guess.

For the reason of treason against his own allies and treachery amongst the shadow talkers, my first block will be placed on MB625 in the form of Justin Verlander and the Tigers over the Rangers and I deem worthy of his 12 point game.

5/15/2013 8:09 AM
LOL. All right then. I choose to use the Knicks over the Pacers to block Pola's 13-point pick, San Jose over LA to block Ahrens' 13 pointer and the New York Rangers over Boston to block sjurat's 13 point pick.
5/15/2013 9:41 AM
If you post your blocks, you cannot change them unless you accidentally overlapped with another person's block attempts, right?
5/15/2013 1:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...74|75|76|77|78...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.