SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Congrats ahrens fun game boys had a blast ill be playing the next one for sure
6/1/2013 11:17 AM
Congrats Ahrens!
6/1/2013 11:24 AM
The 1st Idol - was never found:
The idol was the Home Depot block from the College Gameday desk.  I probably made this too difficult...or was looking for something too specific.  Having never hosted before, my worst fear was that somebody would find the idol in a matter of hours.  Psap and Ahrens were extremely close with their guesses.  One of the keys was using the "Malcom, Abi, and Jonathan" clue.  They were the 3 Survivors in the show who figured out that the idol was the wooden block on top of their rice container.  I also posted a visual clue at http://mortoneast.wix.com/survivor.  If you decipher the clue, it says that the idol is between the helmets.  If you look at the front of the college gameday desk (google it), the home depot wooden block is between the helmets.  I'm not sure how many people even went to the website...I think everybody was afraid that it was some sort of IP check.

Description:
"You wait until everyone and everything, including the cameras, is distracted by the thousands of hilarious signs in the crowd. Now is your moment! You sneak around to the front of the College Gameday desk and use a crowbar to dis-attach the “Built By Home Depot” wooden block. On the back of the wooden block is the Idol of Lee Corso!! Although he is NOT your idol and you actually find him pretty annoying, his idol can extend your life in this game if you find yourself in danger.

Make sure that you re-read the rules of Survivor XII so that you know how to properly use this idol, or how to pass it to another player if you wish."

Clues:
-Frank The Tank’s Saturday (Home Depot)
-Malcolm, Abi, & Jonathan (Survivors who found an idol by detaching a wooden block from their rice container)
-1. How bout them Cowboys? (order of 2012 college gameday on-location sites)
-7. Touchdown Jesus
-10. Down at the Bayou
-2. The Junction Boys join the SEC
-12. Quack!
-14. 1996 summer Olympic basketball finals
-6. *****.
-rob wHeel For triseCtors (scrambled: Herbstreit Corso Fowler – hosts of gameday)

Clues given later on:
-ESPN show
-http://mortoneast.wix.com/survivor (If you decipher the image, it says "The idol is between the helmets")
6/1/2013 11:29 AM (edited)
Idol #3: The Idol of Dubs - found by Polabonez

Secret Message Hidden in Thread:
THE IDOL IS NICKNAME OF COLLEGE TEAM POSTED BY FORMER SURVIVOR
(Dubs posted “Arkansas Pine-Bluff" as a joke during the first tribe split)

To find the idol, a contestant had to post “GOLDEN LIONS” in the thread.

Clues:
1. Many have complained about these…some have said there are too many, while others have said they are not specific enough. (Rules Post: “THE IDOL IS” capitalized and in color)
2. The theme of the season! Here, six players competed, 19 games were predicted, and one survivor earned a second chance. (Redemption 1: “nickname of” is changed to “******** **”)
3. This season, the ratings were through the roof! Take another look at the results of the most exciting vote of the season. (4-4 vote which went to re-vote: “voting results” changed to “college team voting results”.
4. Horvie was good about sending reminders. This was a reminder in a challenge that spanned 4 days. (Masters reminder: change “posted” so that it is colorful)
5. This is the challenge that never took place, but was NOT due to a tribal submission mistake. (“by former” added to challenge post…it can be easily found as sjurat quoted the challenge on the same page of the thread)
6. A blank sitemail was the reason why this challenge was forfeited. Re-visit it to find the final part of the secret message! (“survivorxii” was changed to “________xii”)

Additional Clues hidden in thread:
7. Dublinuf was added to Tribe Under Armour as a clue to look for a post by dubs (it has since been deleted)
8. The idol hunt instructions were had LOOK, FOR, and CHANGE capitalized.
6/1/2013 11:31 AM
Speaking of Idol #1, receiving the following sitemail was probably the most rewarding part of the season for me...

polabonez
To:
horvie78
Received:
3/28/2013 10:52:00 AM
Subject:
Idol Situation that you can laugh at 
So.. I'm not sure if anyone found the idol yet.. but from the guesses I've seen, I'd guess not...

None of them make perfect sense to me... unless you guys made it completely easy... and since I saw the NIKE/ADIDAS tribe splits, I'm going to assume not... 

So I thought I would tell you SOME of the things I've done in this idol hunt so you can laugh...

First, here are the clues I have compiled.. . There are many BAD clues floating out there (I sent many out... hence the guesses in Tokyo Japan).... and I have done my best to limit what I believe to be the right clues. Here is what I have:

1. how bout them cowboys (texas) (KYLE FIELD)
2. Junction Boys Join SEC (2012) (Texas A&M) [[REED ARENA]]
6. *****! (South Carolina) (lAST WEEK RANKING BASEBALL) [[WILLIAMS-BRICE STADIUM]] OR COLONIAL LIFE ARENA
7. Touchdown Jesus (Notre Dame Seded) (West) [[NOTRE DAME STADIUM]]
10. Down at the Bayou (LSU or BYU)
12. Quack! (Oregon Seded) (Midwest) [[AUTZEN STADIUM]]
14. 96 Summer Olympics Basketball Finals (USA, held in George Dome, 14th) [[GEORGIA DOME]]

Malcolm, abi, & jonathon (Los Angeles)
rob wheel for trisectors
frank the tanks saturday (Los Angeles)

My notes are in the parenthesis....

Now.. the numbers I believe must mean something since there are only 10 clues... I am assuming since doubles were sent out that there are only 10 total.... 

In the case of 12. Quack! and 7. Touchdown Jesus... these are Oregon and Notre Dame and their sedes in the tournament.

All of the locations point to the Sweet 16 and Final Four locations..... 

Two of the three that don't have numbers point to LA (where the three survivors were from) and Home Depot Center is in LA...

I have no f'ng clue what rob wheel is... At first I thought it might be Boston Rob and the challenge where three of his tribemates had to spin on a wheel, but it still doesn't make sense.

I have actually MAPPED out every location trying to figure out the TRISECTING points hoping it would point me to something..

I have looked for every combination of 14 people, events, etc. that could make the 7th thing happen in Indiana or South Bend... etc... trying to find something that would eventually land me in LA where I believe the idol is...

I have decided that since "rob wheel for trisectors" was not in caps it may be an anagram and have been working that puzzle for three days. An Internet anagram solver shows about 70,000 solutions and I think I have looked at every one of those. 

Twice.

Hours on this one... This is the first time I have played and got the satifaction of a difficult (I hope unless I am over thinking it) Idol puzzle.. and I have enjoyed that.. Other times I have played the clues were very simple and I ended up with all the idols..

Not this time...

But still working on it.... 

anyways... lots of dumb guesses (including reading a hundred landmark wiki's and also every survivor episode recap since I have never actually SEEN one episode of the real survivor)..

thought you guys would be entertained that you have completely ruined my nights...
6/1/2013 11:35 AM
Important Votes: player voting (who they voted for)
*If you would like to see any other votes, let me know...

Challenge #7: Wrestlemania & NCAA Finals
Tribe BCS wins, Tribe Mid-Major votes:
Katzphang88 (sjurat)
Sjurat (mb625)
Polabonez (mb625)
Swany623 (sjurat)
Ahrens (mb625)
Tsut30 (mb625)
Psap (sjurat)
Mb625 (sjurat)
Tie vote 4-4

Re-vote:
Swany623 (sjurat)
Tsut30 (mb625)
Ahrens (mb625)
Polabonez (mb625)
Katzphang88 (sjurat)
Psap (sjurat)
Tie vote 3-3
Katzphang88 loses the firebuilding challenge and heads to redemption island

Challenge #12: NFL Draft
BCS Wins, Mid-Major Votes
Psap (mb625)
Tsut (psap)
Sjurat (psap)
Ahrens (mb625)
Polabonez (mb625)
Mb625 (psap)
Tie Vote – goes to re-vote

Re-Vote:
Sjurat (psap)
Polabonez (psap)
Tsut30 (psap)
Ahrens (psap)
Psap is voted out of Tribe Mid-Major and heads to redemption island
**Interesting note: If this didn't go to a re-vote, psap would have had to compete in the 2nd redemption challenge.  The re-vote actually extended his life in the game to the 3rd redemption challenge, where he ended up winning and returning to the final 6.

Challenge #13: Rotisserie Baseball
Ahrens wins individual immunity
Shoe21 (da_goat)
Tsut30 (da_goat)
Sjurat (da_goat)
Pureh21 (shoe21)
Ahrens (da_goat)
Shlog3131 (shoe21)
Caesari (shoe21)
Polabonez (da_goat)
Da_goat (shoe21)
Kneeneighbor (shoe21)
Mb625 (shoe21)
Shoe21 plays the idol of Rabbit Maranville – all votes for shoe21 do not count!
Da_goat is voted out and heads to redemption island

Challenge #16: NFL Dream Team
Polabonez wins
Caesari (sjurat)
Ahrens (tsut30)
Polabonez (tsut30)
Sjurat (tsut30)
Shoe21 (sjurat)
Tsut30 (sjurat)
Mb625 (sjurat)
Kneeneighbor (sjurat)
Sjurat plays the Idol of Dubs – all votes for sjurat do not count
Tsut30 is voted out and heads to redemption island
6/1/2013 11:49 AM
Letter from Polabonez right before the huge Challenge #7 vote...

polabonez
To:
horvie78
Received:
4/9/2013 9:59:00 AM
Subject:
Today's Vote, and what might me my final update. 
Thought I'd send you guys one more update today... 

Obviously, the tribe split was not generous to me. We had thought that it was the 8 Winners/Runners up vs the others....

Just to tell you what is going on today.. and why this may or may not be an exciting vote.

First, psap has 5-3 vote here on this tribe with me, sjurat, and tsut being in a bad spot.

He offered me an agreement to keep me alive over here as long as I keep schlog and phillyboy alive on the BCS Tribe. (Yes, I have more pull over there than I do over here at this point).

I have agreed... making me one of psap's henchmen.

But that's not how I roll. 

I plan on making my move now.

The hard part about being in this situation is if you contact the wrong person of the 5 then they will just tell the others and the plan is foiled.

Luckily for me, I know where they sit in psaps ranks from the REPAS blackmail and I think most of them do too.

If my plan goes through, ahrens will be voting with us forcing a 4-4 tie.

We are making it look like the vote is going one place, but going somewhere else, so we don't get the idol in play. 

Assuming you guys run this the same way I do.... And by looking at your rules you do... If we force the tie and the tiebreaker challenge and the idol wasn't played during the voting block... it can't be moved... and it can't be played to save someone under the scrutiny of a tiebreaker.

If this works... My plan is to get one of them to switch.. because the fear of another tie should be enough and I know I can hold my crew here... 

But better than that... I also have sitemailed psap's 5 thanking them for letting me in... My plan is to make it look like I'm sending a sitemail to all 5 of them.. but have one of them vote "Off" so we can deem one of us as captain... The numbers don't even add up, but if any one of them does this we won't even have a tiebreaker.

Anyways... It's a long shot.. but I don't play this game to end up in 7th place... So it's my only shot.

And I'm taking it.

Of course if ahrens isn't REALLY with me (very, very possible)... psap will know I voted against his wishes (I'm supposed to be voting for tsut) and the next voting block I will be chopped unless I find an idol between here and there.

Hopefully I'll see you on the other side.. if not.. Great game you boys have ran and it's been alot of fun.

BTW - I've left a nice letter behind on the island with someone in the game. If I get the axe, and that person is still alive, I have asked them to show the letter to the rest of the game in the forum... 

So even after my departure... you will still see some drama caused by Pola.

Helps the ratings, the kids love it.

Hopefully you will get another update from yours truly.
6/1/2013 12:33 PM
Day #0 Letters...
Polabonez and a few other survivors would randomly send Ghutton and I sitemail updates to let us know what was going on, which we definitely appreciated.  We actually felt like we knew most of what was happening inside of the game.  I thought everybody would get a kick out of Psap's first sitemail about ethics.  He definitely ended up playing this game very ruthlessly.  

psap
To:
horvie78
Received:
3/8/2013 8:09:00 AM
Subject:
hey 
should be fun this time around again.
just a thought on a posting from the host on ethics.....
any thoughts on a post about how you should behave after being voted off...ie, expected not to contact any of the remaining players, etc. if you are on Redeption Island then ONLY talking to those there with you. worth it to at least tell the noobs?
your call.

Paul

polabonez
To:
horvie78
Received:
3/12/2013 5:24:00 PM
Subject:
Survivor Updates 
One of the things you guys will find running the game, is you will miss the action on the inside of the game...

That's why I always made you write "letters to home" so I could have a clue what is going on.....

Nonetheless, if you want, I will update you periodically as a sounding board, assuming nothing leaves our private box of confidentiality.......

That being said, we haven't even had a challenge yet and the shitstorm on the Nike tribe has already started.....

Here's the low-down:

stalagna contacted me, tsut30, and sjurat to form a vet alliance yesterday morning.

mlee contacted me and stalagna asking for an alliance yesterday morning.

Naturally, I agreed to both.

Last night, however.... mlee decided to start a "LA RESISTANCE" and form a rookie uprising over here. He has formed a confirmed alliance with shoe21, patsfan, and citizenkane. His plan is to bring in stalagna (they appear to be pretty close) and have him switch to take the vets out one at a time, more than likely starting with yours truly.

Unfortunately, because he's not just dealing with any named vet on the tribe, but the master of the ******* game himself... I had already figured out the whole plan by morning... Thanks to a couple feelers to other tribes who happen to be in kahootz with one of the rookies....

Now I am in kahootz with that rookie... And he doesn't even have close to the vote he thinks he does....

So meanwhile, I told the others about the plan, but left stalagna in the dark.. figuring he would either tell us about it ensuring we could trust him... or not, meaning he was going along with it.

He did... and now we are pretty solid over here.

At this time, we haven't let them know that we know the plan... but I figure right about the time we have to vote I'll present the information to everyone causing a complete shitstorm of paranoia... just because I can.

I'm going to be what you would consider a lose cannon vet. I've already won the game and have nothing to prove. 

But I'll be damned if a couple of newbies are going to blindside my *** early and think I don't see it coming......

Anyways, if you don't want to be updated, just let me know. I just know how lonely it can get on the outside....

Was planning on playing a bit more passive this game.... Day 0, I can see already that's not going to happen.
6/1/2013 12:37 PM
Letters - Round 1, Part 1

katzphang88
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/23/2013 9:24:00 PM
Subject:
Journal entry 3/23/2013 
I'm glad to have made it past another vote. The extra 5 points came in handy. Heard they may put the idol out soon, I'll be looking. Ahrens and I have been doing well as independents to the alliance that helped vote csudak out. It looks good for me so far until the merge. If I can keep the target off my back, I could go a long way. Fingers crossed anyway. (Finished in one paragraph per the rules) katz 

citizenkane
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/23/2013 10:13:00 PM
Subject:
Dear Friends 
I'm pretty freakin' ticked off right now. We missed a genius opportunity to control the game and have dominion over the vets. They all report that the tribe is not split that way, but obviously it is. I will explain what happened here.

I have been aligned with Pats since day 1. He was okay with trying to "surprise" the Vets. So we went out and got mlee on our side, because he had no other choice but to go with us. His *** SHOULD have been saved. Stalagna agreed to vote with us in targeting sjurat. Rather than trying to find the 5th, we found it better to try to force a random vote on someone else to break the tie. This way there would be no way sjurats name would come up if they reported.

Everything went as planned. Polabonez sitemailed me asking that I not vote for shoe. He bought into it! The best thing happened when I found out from psap, my other alliance on adidas, that sjurat wouldn't vote because he was on vacation. 

This is freakin' awesome, I thought! The tie is broken. What we didn't know was that it broke the wrong way. Polabonez convinced stalagna to vote mlee, and stalagna agreed because he was too chicken. By now he is probably regretting his decision. 

My next letter will most likely be from redemption island, unless I can find the immunity idol. If I do I may declare that I am using it, but pass it to Pats, and even this thing back out, because they will loss more than Pola in that landmine, they will also loss sjurat, because he is chilling on a beach somewhere. 

Somebody get me a drink, please. 

Your Buddy-ole-pal,

Citizen Charles Foster Kane 

da_goat
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/23/2013 10:26:00 PM
Subject:
Letter 
Well on tribe Adidas I have an alliance with caesari. With us we have kneenighbor and pureh21 who are our 3rd and 4th members. I have also been in a little discussion with polabonez that could pay off in a merge. He and I want to use our past feud of Little Taliwack idol to let others think that we are enemies. I have no feel of where I am now but think that pola is the frontrunner in this game. 

stalagna
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/23/2013 11:10:00 PM
Subject:
Survivor Letter 
Thanks for putting this on horvie and ghutton. I am on Tribe Crazy....lol! We have had a lot of crap going on. I proposed a Veteran Alliance here with polabonez, tsut, and sjurat. We also have shoe with us and now with mlee gone, we should be good with our numbers. I am just having fun taking in the game and doubt I will make it too far. My plan is to ride the coattails of pola and tsut and see how far they will take me and see if I get a chance to surprise them in some way. I can easily see one of these guys winning or even csudak come back from Redemption and go a long ways. Should be fun!

Charlie

kneeneighbor
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/23/2013 11:35:00 PM
Subject:
Dear Friend 

We on team Adidas have voted twice now and I am still here. When we got to the island and I found myself on the same team as phillyboy I made it my goal to outlast him. He drives me nuts over on the sim league LIVE side of the website. The past vote where I sided with the da_goat, caesari and pureh21 alliance may not have been the best for me long term but it had to be done to spell the end of philly. 

I feel like da_goat and caesari are close and pureh and I are fighting for the 3rd spot in their alliance. If I can manage to make it to a merger where it becomes every man for themselves I think I have a shot to be around at the end simply because Im not well known in these parts.

If I had to pick a winner now I would say da_goat has a chance simply because of his contacts...

I will be seeing you soon, I hope to search for the immunity idol later tonight.

Zach

PS polabonez has talked to me a few times and says he has some info and wants to work together... however I think he is blowing smoke, but I do think I will hear him out and take it all with a grain of salt. 

swany623
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/24/2013 12:44:00 AM
Subject:
This is my first time playing survivor and i really enjoy it also i have never seen the show, i just watched it the other day so now i am starting to get it. Before the challenges started psap reached out to me and created an alliance before the tribes were divided, he acted/acts as a mentor to me and is helping me in a huge way. In my tribe the alliances are divided like this: swany, philly, bperkins versus, caesari, knee, da goat and pureh. My alliance is outnumbered so i think we will be in trouble if/when we lose. Overall i think the challenges have been very good and i look forward to the next ones. Also just yesterday a friend told me about a player playing under an ailias and luckily he was voted out in the last tribal. I dont think i have a good chance to win survivor, it is only my first year and i will play it very differently next time 

pureh21
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/24/2013 1:44:00 AM
Subject:
Letter to a Friend 
Hey man, been a crazy 1st week here on the island. We had to pick from a list of colleges that would eventually separate us into 3 tribes. I ended up taking Tennessee to honor my late grandfather as he was a huge vols fan. I think you remember him. He was the one that use to always say “dammit betty” when my grandmother did something stupid. Anyway, my tribe hasn't performed all that well and have had to vote 2 people off already through 4 challenges so naturally my stomach is in knots. 

It's really weird being stuck without your friends and I really feel like the outsider here on my tribe as I’m probably the least experienced and less-known participant. I really figured that I would get booted very early but some cat named jbeninte put his own head on the chopping block and saved me for another challenge. I think maybe he was homesick or something but I’m not complaining! I was approached by 3 members of my tribe about forming an alliance before everything started so hopefully I can make it long enough for that to actually matter a little bit. 

The challenges so far have been pretty straight forward and mainly centered around the Final Four so you know I’m in heaven. The 1st one was dealing with conference championships. If it had been a solo competition I think I would have been safe as my picks were pretty close as to what happened but the tribe decided to submit the same picks and only had 2 people go on their own which is probably what doomed us. Challenge 2 was the WBC (we hit it), the play-in games, and then the NBA. I’m not a big NBA fan and have only watched about 10 minutes of total NBA game time this season so I had to rely on point spreads to even attempt to pick a winner. We had one guy, phillyboy, go out on his own and even submitted a pick and the team wasn’t even playing so he got booted second from our tribe. Our 3rd challenge was the opening round of March Madness. We pulled out a 2nd place finish after SD state pulled out a win so we were exempt from voting. Thank GOD!

After the first few challenges of this thing I really don’t think I have a shot at winning this thing unless it stays centered around college basketball, golf, nascar or MLB since I don’t follow hockey and the NBA. I may make it one more round as people keep voting for Caesari on the elimination picks so unless things change between now and then I think he’ll be the next sent to Redemption Island. If I were to guess and pick a winner at this point I’d probably choose my tribe leader, kneeneighbor. I mean, what kind of player would I be if I didn’t have confidence in our chief?

That’s it for now and I hope all is well in the civilized world. Wish me luck and keep the beer on ice. Win or lose, we party once I get home!

Sincerely,
PUREH21

mlee
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/24/2013 10:19:00 AM
Subject:
Letter from Redemption Island 
Well I am gonna fill the hosts in on a few things that only a couple of people know about-

I am golfpro! Yes this is an alias I have and it's me golfpro. Actually, I am not a golf pro, just like to golf and that would be my dream job- haha.

There are 3 players that know about this:
psap whom I was aligned with last season. We had some great conversations together. I tried to get a bit too frisky this season and had to backtrack on an alliance to keep psap's outer alliances intact and it backfired big time on me.
da_goat who is my brother-in-law and hooked me on whatifsports- I used to think it was a dumb computer game he played especially when he made silly excuses to go check on his teams even when he came over to my place! After spending so much time around him and listening to him yap about it so much I had to try it......that was like 3-4 years ago! Dammit, chuck!
__________ hey I gave you 2....not gonna get all 3 right now, Jack!

psap
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/24/2013 5:32:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to a friend 
So far quite good. Liking the variety very much. Would have been fun to throw out a NCAA bracket challenge that would result in a Bracket Idol, but not too late to do that with the Sweet 16. Don't forget about Champions League if you are thinking soccer -- final 8, knock out stage 1 is April 2/3 and then leg 2 on April 9/10. Wouldn't be a bad idea to entice people to watch the best soccer player to ever play the game - Lionel Messi of Barcelona.

A few things. Mlee was Golfpro. He disclosed that to me once he signed up. We were playing together, but another player did some IP traps and found out more interesting info that i was not aware of because golfpro withheld some info it appears.

Well that techno-savvy player also discovered that i was repas. Currently he is blackmailing me to work with him or else he will out me. It is a convenient partnership for the time being as it allows us to co-operate while hiding our relationship. But it will complicate things going forward as we both seem to be involved with many many alliances and sub-alliances.

So yes i was repas. Not dis-similar to what i did being SteveDotDec last game. And not sure which one of you said in response to repas -- "hey two rookies won it last year". Whomever said that i think you forgot how much of a wake-up call i delivered on your behalf, and i did that again. Without that call to action post i think your games would have been different and not as successful. So once again i think it has accomplished my intentions as i was able to develop stronger rookies alliances because of it. I have slowly begun to let the appropriate players know that i was repas so that eventually i can out myself instead of being blackmailed.

Speaking of my blackmailer -- he is in possession of information that would result in the termination of 2 players from the game. He told me this, but has not provided proof. Kinda makes him an accessory to the crime in my mind.

psap

psap
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/24/2013 9:36:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to a friend, part 2 
Oh, don't think i met your 2nd requirement. Stating a winner.
I don't think it will be me. I have too many alliances and i think it will be too complicated to manage. I am having a hard time finding a vet who will do good. I think that one of katz or mb will be the winner, or possibly shlog. 
6/1/2013 12:39 PM
Letters - Round 1, Part 2

tsut30
To:
Survivorxii
Received:
3/24/2013 5:51:00 PM
Subject:
Letter from home 
I'm not good at letter writing, so mine will be one of the shorter ones. 

Simply put, from the start, polabonez approached me for an alliance, which I jumped at, being he's won and hosted in the past, someone who seems pretty trustworthy and upfront. Mlee made no friends amongst our original tribe at 1st with his actions, hence why he's the 1st to go from tribe Nike. Csudak was an ally from past gameplay & I was hoping to work with him in the future, but he's on redemption island. 

Who do I think will or can win? If not myself, I like pola as a favorite, experience never hurts anyone.

redraider68
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/24/2013 6:08:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to a Friend 
Well, this game has turned into a carbon copy of the last one. First I join a majority alliance with csudak. Secondly, on the first vote, the alliance turns and go after us. I am next on their hit list so I need an idol (or to change tribes) in a bad way. Odds are not looking good.

Dan (redraider68) 

shlog3131
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/24/2013 8:32:00 PM
Subject:
I want a Pizza 

This Island blows. All I have to eat is cold mushy rice...

Anyway, this game is crazy. As a rookie I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Alliances and betrayal and all that good stuff... ***** crazy. I am finding it hard to play this game with a moral compass. 

I have sold my soul to psap. He came to me early, before the tribes were made up. He offered me help and told me that as a rookie I would likely be a target early. I took up his offer and swore my allegiance to him. I gave him my word that I would be with him to the end and I intend to keep that. I recently read through the last survivor thread and have found that he made a lot of enemies and played a shady game (creating a fake user name and all). I know wonder If my allegiance to him will come back to bite me. I also wonder if he might betray me after I have helped him eliminate enough vets. Only time will tell. 

Overall I dont not think that I will win this game. I do not think that being the minion of someone who I think has enemies everywhere and tangled with what I now believe was a power player, Csudak, will lead me far in this game. Alas that is the bed I have made for myself and while I will play this game as well as I can, I will play with as much integrity as one can play an online game with. 

sjurat
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/24/2013 8:38:00 PM
Subject:
Journal entry 
Considering that I've been on 6 different islands in the last 8 days - without Internet - I feel very lucky to be still around. I think I'll make to the merge - but not much longer then that.

Pola is a great guy. 

shoe21
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/25/2013 7:56:00 AM
Subject:
Letter to a friend 

Well I wanna make this letter short and sweet. As a new player to this I am going to win the first time. I have a strong alliance with pola and he's got couple other guys with till the end. I know there a couple guys possibly cheating and can almost be proven just waiting. But honestly I will say this is a great game and a lot of fun so far. A bunch of sneaky people also but that is how the game is played. I deserve a clue because at the moment I think I'm playing the game the best for what I already know and who I'm alliances with.. 

ahrens
To:
Survivorxii
Received:
3/25/2013 11:36:00 AM
Subject:
Letter 
Yeah, I've been too busy to establish myself in this game. Skipped a vote, only really made friends with katzphang. Got rejected on my Florida Gulf Coast pick. I have zero idea who will win, but it probably won't be me. 

mb625
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/25/2013 2:34:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to a friend 

Life on the island has been much easier this time around. Last time, I trusted some people I shouldn't have and got burned. This time I have a solid alliance with katzphang88 and psap with shlog3131 as an associate member (aka, the first person we plan on offing when the time comes). There is no one person I want out more than tsut30. He burnt me last game and if/when we get on the same tribe after a merge, I want him gone. Right away. I am not necessarily "confident" in winning Survivor. There is a lot of game to be played and I will be more confident if/when I get deeper in the game. If I could pinpoint a certain competitor to win caesari and polabonez would come to mind. 

polabonez
To:
survivorxii
Received:
3/25/2013 1:15:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to Home (update) 

I knew sjurat was out of town on vacation... and he hadn't opened a sitemail in a few days so I had a feeling he was going to miss the vote.....

This meant I HAD to get votes from shoe21, tsut30, and stalagna.

Shouldn't have been a problem.. since stalagna formed the alliance over here with me, tsut, and sjurat... and I am aligned with shoe21.....

But I had a feeling that stalagna was getting persuaded to join up with kane... and after a bit of investigation, I found it to be true.. He sent a message to tsut which I read discussing making the move and asking him to move with...

So I had to go a bit against the plan and provide quite a bit of information to stalagna to make sure he stayed with me and understood my goal of the game....

I informed him that golfpro71 was mlee... And he later said that that sitemail basically made up his mind (he was aligned with mlee.. and the fact that mlee kept that from him made him realize his alliance probably wasn't the best choice)

Well... Since this isn't coming out until after the game I might was well say that I know who REPAS is... psap... But I have decided not to go public with this information... He hasn't technically broken any rules (just ****** people off) so I used this info to gather information from him about his and other known alliances...

I'm going to have my work cut out for me... but knowing where everyone is aligned is a big advantage for when the merge comes.

My main goal right now is to get csudak back on the island. I plan on doing this by getting mlee and da_goat to redemption, and then questioning the fact that they are using the same computer and have the same IP address. I think it's likely that they are the same person, which would mean violating a tubby rule, although at this point I can not prove they ARE the same person.. or possibly just have someone else in the game watching their account for them while they are away... are roommates, etc... 

But I plan on hashing more at this.;

As far as who wins the game... psap has a pretty strong foothold in the game... He has played very well to this point and has alliances among all of the different tribes. I have decided to work with him rather than against (holding the REPAS information right by my side).

The only person who knows that psap is repas is shoe21. I have sent him a sitemail with detailed information and proof... so if I get blindsided, he can expose him to his advantage. 

Until then, even though I came in late... I have a massive amount of information that should help me, shoe21, csudak, tsut, and sjurat get through this game....

psap will be kept close and possibly brought all the way, though at this point I suspect he is going to want to try and turn our proclaimed alliance to better his position, and I also suspect he is going to try to take me out at some point.

The good news is right now I have ears everywhere... and he will have to be very lucky to plan an ambush that doesn't come back to me.

I'm going to try and get csudak and shoe21 to the final.... Just because at this point I think that is the most difficult thing to pull off... So it makes it the most fun.

psap will be rolling to the final merge as well if he can keep his word...

and at this point I have no plans on screwing over stalagna, tsut, or sjurat.... Although that missed vote from sjurat might make it needed to take him out to protect a double DQ

It's early... yet interesting. First things first - take out da_goat (which I have already begun this plan). Get csudak back..... 

Then reevaluate.

So if I have to pick a winner... I could pick me... but I really have no interest in winning... Just controlling the game and getting someone else to the final two... If I was to take psap, I could obviously expose him as Repas and that might be enough to secure the win... But I'm thinking about sending shoe21 or csudak there.... giving them the information... and letting them run with it.

More updates as the game advances.... 

As far as the idol... I am planning on asking tsut and shoe to help me trade idol clues with other players... Sending them all different fake clues and flooding the market with misleading information... Once we get our traded clues back any duplicates we receive will be assumed to be GOOD clues and try to figure it out from there....

Talk to you soon. 

PS: I miss arfy.
6/1/2013 12:40 PM
Round 2 Letters:

kneeneighbor
To:
survivorxii
Received:
4/11/2013 8:31:00 PM
Subject:
Letter Home 
Things are going swimmingly on team BCS.. It looks as though my previous tribe partners (caesari, da_goat, pureh21) and I have a soilid 4 and we have recruited shlog3131 to join us. Philly is a not job and we know he can be cut lose at anytime. I feel like I am influencing how things are run, with out actually steping into the spot light.

While I think my odds of winning are slim (maybe 5%) the odds of me sticking around to the end are good. I also have been talking with pobolanz who is clearly full of **** 90% of the time. 

My biggest asset in this game is time. I am able to sit in front of my computer and spend time on the game for much of the day. It allows me to be able to spend time on challenges and working the commincation lines.

I was also banking on a wrestlemania challenge becuase I knew I was going to be one of the few with knowlage on the subject. I played it somewhat safe by picking Lesnar and the Rock becuase while thinking their opponents would win, I didnt want to leave the possibility of them scoring big points if something happened.

Knee 

ahrens
To:
survivorxii
Received:
4/11/2013 8:50:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to home 
I think this is all that needs to be said. Sorry for the book.

Letter to home:

Well, since the last time I wrote home, things on the island have changed.

To be honest, I had written a letter of resignation last time because I didn’t have enough time to commit to this game. Obviously I changed that and I have found time to play. And play I have.

Before the last merge, I reached out to polabonez (Tyson) because we did the ultimate team challenge together. I just made some small talk and it ended up that we ended up on tribe mid-major. My other tribemates of mb625, psap & katzphang88 were all on tribe Under Armour last time, so we had a connection. Katz and I were in an alliance to start, and katz aligned with psap and mb last time, so I was linked up with them.

But this is when the **** hit the fan. I was a little upset at psap because I was low man on totem pole, and I knew that since he told me I would be eliminated if Tribe UA lost the last challenge. I knew that if I wanted to do better and have more fun, I had to change things. Then I got the mantra that was made famous from Step Brothers “I’m here to **** **** up!” I’m trying to get Tyson to call me Brennan from now on.

Anyway, I assumed the role of double agent. Swany623 and I were the essential wild cards of the group. Since we had 8, if both of us went to the same side, that side would have power. Swany lined up with psap, I lined up with pola, except nobody else knew it. I even told katz that I was on his side while subtly trying to get katz to switch up. He wouldn’t, so we had that 4-4 vote, but I’ll get to that.

I successfully identified that psap had acquired the idol, and learned that pola knew what he was doing. I think he was planning on lumping me with his alliance then casting me off eventually, but I feel like I played really well so he has bumped me up. Not sure completely, but I’m pretty sure this is the case.

Basically anything psap said was used against him because pola saw all of it. And then when vote came, it was supposed to be 5-3 for sjurat, but obviously I voted the other way and drew the tie. Psap still didn’t know that I was the one flipped until about 2 hours before the picks for the firebuilding was due. I did a pretty fantastic job of deflecting and cheerleading and conspiring. I’m proud of it.

After the vote psap is still trying to get me to flop on pola. I’m not sure why, but my new goal is to get the idol from him. Not sure how, but should be fun.

Now that that book is over, I think my strength is ******* **** up, a la Brennan. I did a fantastic job of not letting psap know so he couldn’t use the idol. My weakness is not being sure what to do with the million dollars if I win. Wait, we don’t get 1 million? Lame. Well my weakness would have to be I don’t watch survivor, at all. So I dunno what I going to happen once its 1 big happy tribe. Should be fun, I’ve already learned on the fly. I have been going through some of the old survivors to get pointers.

My chances are winning are still pretty low I think, although if I make the final 2 I feel like I’ve only ****** psap off and I have made the biggest play of the game, so people may respect that. But I dunno what I am doing, so pretty low. But I think polabonez has the best chance of winning. He has friends on the other side, and knows what he is doing. I hope this idol isn’t guess random sports places again and more of a puzzle, but we shall see.

Matt

phillyboy107
To:
Survivorxii
Received:
4/11/2013 9:17:00 PM
Subject:
Letter home 
Since being back on the island I have had some stuff happen. I joined an alliance with shlog and 3 others. I have been playing the game pretty independently though. I have nominated my self for a 2nd entry in the challenge because if we lose I will go back to redemption island which I plotted to do. This way if I win people will want me to stay on the island and if I lose I will go to redemption island and get to compete by myself which will them help me have a great story for the title because I will have won 2 redemption island and once I get back I will have an alliance still and I will team up with swany as well and take home the crown. Also I think da goat has a alliance going with some people. 

shlog3131
To:
survivorxii
Received:
4/11/2013 9:20:00 PM
Subject:
Letter From Home 2.0 
Im surprised to still be around. As a rookie I did not hold out much hope of making it even this far. I have only Psap to thank for this. HIs slick maneuvering got rid of csudak and redraider with little stress for us. Unfortunately though I didnt end up with him and the rest of UA holdovers. 

Things have taken a turn for the worse. Now I find myself as the #5 man for the adidas 4, my closest ally Psap is a dead man walking in Mid-Major after being betrayed by Ahrens, and I have found that this whole game is being run by a single player with an intricate web of allies that runs at least 8 players deep... Pola. 

My future in the game is in serious jeopardy. Granted I have not made enemies like psap but I also do not have enough connections to survive. As I said Im the #5 man in an alliance in a tribe of 8. The 3 guys Im in with on the tribe are out numbered 4-3. Every tribal I lose either cushioning or an ally. There is a movement afoot to try and bring together players from various alliances that are low on pecking orders but I think it will be in vain.

My strengths are: The actual challenges and my ability to play with my integrity. Also my ability to maintain a low profile.

Weakness: My inability to connect with many of the veteran players. 

My pick to win it is Caesari. There is some speculation that he is in with Pola as well as the Adidas 4. 

psap
To:
survivorxii
Received:
4/11/2013 10:45:00 PM
Subject:
my big *** letter home 

Ahrens was a hidden ally of Pola. They played Team Challenge together. I think he was buried from the start and actually caused csudak’s exit accidentally. Me, MB, Shlog, Csudak and Red agreed to work together while on UA. Csudak chose to elim Ahrens first vote. Halfway to the vote, csudak flipped and was organizing to vote me out. But I had warned mb and shlog to tell me if this happens so we can flip on csudak. We did and he went home. But he went home I think because pola convinced csudak not to vote out Ahrens (his buried ally) ; csudak chose to flip against the wrong guy and supporting pola cost him his game. Only pola knows for sure. I think csudak was played and doesn’t even know it.

Somehow in the forum in the developing fued between pola and I, Ahrens got dragged into it. Idol accuasations were made, and somehow everyone ended up thinking I had the idol. People seem to believe this. And now (thank you guys!!) the way you worded the “next” idol it seems sealed. I have a idol just like Abi did. But this time people actually believe I have one.

Mlee was golfpro ; Goat is his brother in law. Both from small town in Idaho sharing the same IP address. Pola “says” he is convinced Goat is MLee is Golfpro. But he never seems to get around to eliminate him to save the integrity of the game from cheating.

I just gave Goat all this info to see if I could help myself somehow. Nope, all he has is his 4 – no plans in his vision to take on the larger pola alliance.

Can’t get tsut or sjurat to budge against pola. Trying to entice them to make a BIG move with our 3 votes and take a leadership role rather than be a follower. No balls on either of them. I am going to have to start taunting them that pola has his hand so far up their ***** that they are pola’s hand puppets.

I can’t break pola’s larger alliance (HEY – everyone can’t be #2 or #3 in this pecking order guys!!!!) nor can I convince the Adidas 4 that they need bigger numbers to take on pola (how about me, mb and swany – help a brother out!).

My odds of surviving 1 more vote is 50% ; 2 more votes 0%. Calculate my odds of winning from there.

Many people ****** off about the stacked deck approach to the game. I am outing Pola every chance I get. I know he will send me home. Just trying to poison the well sufficiently to limit his success.

Pure and Knee are the only ones in the game I know nothing about.

No one in this game is that interesting outside of pola, me, and Ahrens. Don’t really respect anyone else’s game to this point. I would bet caesari has some cards to play I hope. Reached out to Stal and Goat but neither has any relationships outside of their immediate sphere. No one is playing across tribes but Pola and I.

I still look out for my allies. I landed Shlog with the Adidas 4. I brought in swany into my group and then used his relationship to Philly to get intel over there and to help him if it helps me – doesn’t seem like it is going to matter. Philly rides the short bus. He wants to go back to RI – he thinks he’s safer there.

pureh21
To:
survivorxii
Received:
4/12/2013 2:02:00 AM
Subject:
Letter to a Friend #2 
Hey guys.. its me again.. just wanted to give you an update on how things are progressing here on the island. I've made it through the 1st "cut" as we recently had a challenge on redemption island that would allow one removed player to return. It just so happens that phillyboy, a guy that my tribe had cut, won the challenge and is now back in the mix. As luck would have it, he's on my tribe again and for the most part he feels slighted and feels like he has a target on his back because my tribe this time is the same as last time for the most part with a few new people added. 

I still have an alliance going with 3-4 other members so at this point I feel safe even if we have to cut someone from the tribe. Our big challenge this week is for the masters!! You know how i roll.. i love golf and i feel as if its one of my strengths along with nascar, baseball, and college sports. I'm scared that they're gonna throw out more NBA, soccer, and hockey but hopefully those come soon while i have these alliances built up as i'm definitely not strong in those sports.

Right now I'd probably say that i have about a 10 % chance of winning this thing but alot of things will have to go my way with the challenges and what sport they're centered around and at what point they're played.. If i were to guess a winner at this point i'd probably lean towards a guy named polabonez as he seems like he may know what he's doing. I hate to vote for an opponent because you know i'm a "union" guy and back my fellow "brothers" but that's just how i'm feeling tonight. 

polabonez
To:
survivorxii
Received:
4/12/2013 9:44:00 AM
Subject:
The Letter you have been waiting for. 
Well.... I thought that there was a light inclination of a chance that MAYBE, possibly I could potentially be making a trip home...... but... Nope.

It's good for the ratings, after all....

As far as the tribe goes, obviously we just survived a pivotal firebuilding challenge... One that we were lucky to get anyhow. At the tribe split, I finally found myself at the short end of the stick Psap had an alliance of 5... I had an alliance of three... What was worse, of course, is that they have the immunity idol.

So my only chance of survival was to get one of the 5 to flip, and of course making sure it was the right person who wouldn't rat me out in my attempt.

You see, I had already made a deal with the 5 to keep me alive, and in turn I would make sure to protect their allies on the BCS Tribe... I also had to vote for my own (tsut) and throw an off vote to secure their chance of victory.

I agreed, but had no intentions of laying down at this piont. 

Luckily for me, psap has given me enough info that I knew ahrens was just their vote block 6th man.. .and it just so happens before the tribe split that we had talked for the first time and I brought this all to his attention. We hit it off well, and since has been a blast..... 

That last vote, the idol still would have hurt us... so I stuck to the plan and psap thought I was throwing an off vote, I purposely had sjurat not open any of his sitemails and told the other 5 that he said he would miss the vote... They sitemailed him to double check that, and he didn't open them.. Combine that with the fact that ahrens should win a damned oscar for his double agent work.... We wanted them to feel good about the vote so nerves wouldn't bring that idol out (which they felt they were going to win 6-2, and possibly 6-1). And that's when the **** hit the fan over here.

Currently, I'm taunting psap and acting a bit like a child. I'm saying things like "used ahrens to win the game for the vets" because that's exactly what he wants me to say so he can use it against me while he shows ahrens my sitemails and tries to get him to join back.

ahrens is playing along... mostly because this is just a small part of the plan to get him to give us the idol before we execute him.

It probably won't work, it was devised when we were drunk... but hell it passes the time while we have to endure a long *** masters challenge. Which, by the way, I'm excited to say I'm doing well at... mostly from copying some of sjurat's suggestions and then just picking names of guys I recognized from Tiger Woods 2013 on XBOX.

The other tribe is more interesting to me. Shoe and stalagna decided to run with psap's allies, schlog and phillyboy... rather than the safe haven of the Adidas 4 I tried to tell them to hook up with... Now that psap is in trouble, I am hearing rumors that he is arranging to take my boys shoe and stalagna out over there first...

But hat's not going to happen, either.

Anyways... I guess if you were watching this show live on TV I'd probably be the favorite to win it right now. Every move I make just seems to work out... but what the viewers don't know... is I don't really care to win. I've done that already.. I might just play to stir the **** up and send the ratings through the roof. 

Who will win then? Probably tsut or ahrens... I plan on bringing everybody I've worked with along with me... and at some point blindsiding shoe right when he has his confidence built at his highest level. After all, what are friends for?

As far as my personal strengths - hell, I don't know... This is MY game... Nobody knows and understands the game better than me (and possibly dubs)... As much as you learn from winning the game you can learn from running it (as I'm sure you are learning)... What were Michael Jordan's strengths at basketball? Pretty much everything because he is the best god damned player of all time... I'll use that one.

Weaknesses - Probably that I don't have the same desire to win like the last time... Dont' get me wrong.. .I'm not playing the "win or lose just have fun" card.. I don't plan on losing. I won't lose, I have too much competitive nature to let that happen... All I'm saying is whoever wins the game will win the game because I decided they would win the game.

It's my game right now. I control it. The people who make the jury should thank me for being on the jury. The 5th 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place finishers should thank me for allowing them to be there.

I AM POLABONEZ.

PS: Yes, it's 8:43AM and I have already started drinking. A day off and a tee time in 30 minutes... Bloody Mary's are on the house.

stalagna
To:
survivorxii
Received:
4/12/2013 9:58:00 AM
Subject:
Letter 
Well I thought I had the tribal split figured out with Survivors that were in the final for one tribe vs. other Survivors that didn't fare as well, but that didn't pan out. I am still on board with my original alliance- pola, tsut, sjurat, and shoe. It did hurt us when we got spilt on the two tribes, but pola has managed to keep them together over there. As for shoe and I, well that may be a bit tougher as we know there is an alliance here of the old Adidas tribe.
I still think pola has the best shot of winning, but secretly hope that someone decides to blindside him before the final 3 or 4 players remain.
I think my strength is this game is my alliance with pola as well as my biggest weakness. 

tsut30
To:
survivorxii
Received:
4/12/2013 9:59:00 AM
Subject:
Letter to home 
Here we are, in tribe mid major. There seems to be a bit of a split in our tribe, pitting polabonez, myself, sjurat and ahrens against psap (who according to one unnamed person, with perhaps airtight? info, is repas), mb625 and swany. That's where KNOWN alliances stand amongst us. Pola is playing the game very strong and is a favorite to win the game. To win the game, someone will have to make a very strong and bold move to get pola out, in my opinion... Until next time... 

da_goat
To:
survivorxii
Received:
4/12/2013 4:53:00 PM
Subject:
Hello Hosts! 
This game has certainly gotten pretty interesting....did we expect anything less a game that pola is playing? Our core 4 alliance is still solid.....knee, caesari, and pureh are all in it together and were very fortunate to all be on the same tribe one the merege occurred. Who know who will win....I am gonna go out on a limb and say that tsut will win as he finds a way to beat pola in one of the final challenges and takes him out. If not tsut, then sjurat will do it. I am hoping to make the next merge....after that then we'll see. My strength in this game is a good alliance, faring well in challenges, and luck, like getting us all on same tribe again. My downfall is probably the social game....just not my cup of tea. 

shoe21
To:
survivorxii
Received:
4/12/2013 5:47:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to home 

I'd first like to say I'm have a blast with this survivor... There's a lot going on now since alliances broke up. Me and stalagna are fighting our way on the BCS tribe wit the monster 4 Adidas boys. On the other side pola is somehow working his magic staying alive... Honestly if I keep quiet and keep working my ways I should finish in the top 5 no matter what. I think it's gunna come down to me and pureh21... I would love for it to be me and pola but think everyone will eventually catch on and he will get screwed over... I think I have 75% chance if it comes down to me and pureh21. I also would like to say I'm looking forward to when it's all said and done cuz I would love the cheaters and the guys bein sneaky to get brought out for everyone to see... 

Love, 
Shoe21
6/1/2013 12:53 PM
Round 3 Letters

caesari
To:
survivorxii
Received:
5/2/2013 7:35:00 AM
Subject:
letter home 
Well, my "adidas 4" alliance just got blown up by....me. It was just chance that me, knee, goat and pure were on adidas and bcs together and naturally started to work together. THe problrm for them is that I was with pola all along, this was just the first chance I had to work with him.

The way it is shaping up is pola has a group of 7 where basically pola is not guaranteeing anyone anything other than getting 7 and see what happens, or at least that's what he is telling me.

Knee, pure, and shlog should go next in some order, and after that it could get interesting. I don't think pola will want me in the final 3 with him, and likewise, I don't want to be in the final with him. 

Ideally, when we get to 7, I need to flip some people, but I don't know if it will be possible. Tsut and sjurat have been very quiet. MB and ahrens might be open to flipping. Shoe is tied at the hip with pola.

A perfect final 3 for me would be me, tsut and sjurat. My thinking would be that I could argue they just road pola's coattails, but I had to strategize to get that far, and in theory if I got them to flip then I was extremely successful in strategizing. 

tsut30
To:
survivorxii
Received:
5/2/2013 12:33:00 PM
Subject:
Letter To Home 
Well, I've made it to the final 11, now 10, with last night's vote to redemption island. Polabonez seems to be the odds on favorite to win the game, along with him, I'd like to have sjurat in my ideal final 3.

As far as strategy for the remainder of the game, I don't forsee myself changing anything that I've currently been doing to this point. My alliance with pola and others is still pretty tight and solid, we've got the numbers advantage to get to the final 6. Unfortunately at that point, we'll have to start chopping off our own. It's a matter of winning challenges to guarantee your own safety. You just never know..... 

polabonez
To:
survivorxii
Received:
5/2/2013 1:38:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to Home PT Tres 
Well... I can't say I'm all that ecstatic about another idol making its way onto the island.....

But I'll be hunting. 

I wouldn't have wasted my idol last vote (it looked good on the 7-6, but really it was just for the ratings) had I known there will be another!

The strategy, for the next few votes at least.... Will be just to pick the A4 off one person at a time... and of course being careful of the idol that may be found, and the other that I believe still is out there somewhere in the world, not found... But I still have to be careful in case it was.

Should be a breeze until the final 7.

That's where the problem will lie.

I've got ties with 6 of the players still left in the game: tsut30; sjurat; ahrens; shoe21; caesari; and mb625.

When it gets down to us 7.... It's going to suck to have to choose who goes... Hell, I'd even be willing to say whoever got lost in the challenge gets voted out... but I know even saying that won't matter, as that plan will never work. Somebody will break.

As far as winning the game... It doesn't matter to me... I made it a point to make sure I wasn't getting eliminated by anyone who I didn't want to eliminate me. But when it comes to the 6 or 7 of us who are left... I think I'd be ok with whoever advances. 

As far as the final three... I'm not sure who will go with me.

Tsut, sjurat, and I have been working together pretty much all game... and have been extremely trustworthy and dependable, So to vote one of them off would be heartbreaking.

Ahrens, on the other hand... has become my closest ally on the island as A) He saved our *** in the second merge and B) him and I have been planning useless and useful attacks since that time. He has by far been the most influential person to get us where we are today.

MB625's move from psap to us (when he easily could have switched to the A4) has been both surprising to me and helpful to all of us. This last merge could have been won or lost depending on him, and he chose us, even after we worked so hard to tear up his previous alliance.

Shoe21 is obviously my friend in real life.. I see him in person now and again, and his excitement whenever he talks about Survivor (and whatifsports) is contagious... Even when he was on RI and vowed he would win the challenge and be back.

And caesari, always a good friend of mine on this site. Had Casey stuck around, I probably would have made a move with the two of them at this point.. since Csudak was my main alliance from the get-go. At least I got his vengeance a few votes ago...

I think if I have to choose two people to go with me now, it might have to be caesari and mb625.

The only reason that is... is I have worked with them the LEAST of all aforementioned names. It seems I have played the "villian" role all game, and to be honest its quite fun.. And if I'm going to screw everyone in the game I might as well screw my closest allies too.....

I think I would be satisfied if I got to the final two and lost on a vote of 9-0. That would say something for the way I played the game... and I think it would be a pretty fitting finish.

If I want to play to win... I would take a combo of tsut/sjurat and ahrens with me... politely explaining to everyone that I took out one at a time my reasoning (worked with them the least)... hopefully salvaging their endgame votes...

And I could really have a chance against ahrens (because I have all of the dirt on him) or sjurat (because for some reason he barely gets involved and most people hate him as much as me, must be past game situations).

There is a lot of game between here and then.. I'm not sure exactly how we will play it out...

But as long as I'm still in the game, I can guarantee it will be exciting.....

-Bonez. 

ahrens
To:
survivorxii
Received:
5/2/2013 2:46:00 PM
Subject:
A letter home 
Well, I feel like my time on the island is coming to an end and also just beginning.

Its gone from having a resignation letter typed up to being a final 10 participant with a shot at winning.

Funny, with Psap gone, the game got a lot more quiet, as he schemed and plotted his way out of the game. If only he would have told pola and I that idol was fake from the get go, we could have caused real problems with it. Plus I saw a sitemail that said he wanted to turn on me in the final tribe anyway. The split vote that ultimately eliminated him was actually because we weren't sure he had the real idol. Now he's an alternate. Man, karma sucks.

Even though we 'used the idol' to save ourselves, we actually didn't. Both mb and caesari confirmed that their team was attacking shoe, so we let them vote that way so that they could keep feeding us intel. Plus that idol would have been useless here is about 2 votes anyway, so as pola said "here's a big **** you to goat"

My ideal final 3 would be me, obviously, pola and I could give a ****. Maybe shoe. If it's me and pola in the final 2, everybody hates pola, so I'll win. If it' me and somebody else, it will be a vote, but I think I played a pretty good game up til now, and even though it looked like pola was calling the shots, that was by design as to deflect heat from me.

Really, its just pick off members of the A4 1 by 1 now that we decimated their leadership. Kneeneighbor may be the next to go, but he has an idol, I think, so we may put the heat on him and vote out pureh instead.

This has been a fun game, and by no means do I think I have this won, I could very easily get voted out once we have to start picking off our own, especially if someone wins immunity. So we'll see, but I've enjoyed the game, and hope to enter the legend of Survivor elite. I even started out just wanting to '**** **** up' like Brennan and Dale from Step Brothers, now I think I could actually win.

But I'm happy that psap is finally gone, and I hope to play my fake idols soon, since pola gave me so many, I'm very excited.

Matt 

sjurat
To:
survivorxii
Received:
5/2/2013 4:11:00 PM
Subject:
Letter home 
Strategy - do whatever Pola tells me to do - including falling on the sword for the team.

Final 3: sjurat / Pola / tsut30

shlog3131
To:
survivorxii
Received:
5/2/2013 4:13:00 PM
Subject:
Letter from home 
some how im still alive. Im not sure how. I survived working with psap and his demise but am in a pickle now. Pola has the game locked down. Im on the wrong side of a seemingly losing fight. maybe we can pull something together but it seems unlikely. oh well.

My strategy is to hoprfully get an idol, somehow change the balance of power. Still doable, but the last vote was interesting. 

My ideal 3 of remaining people would be MB and... Pola... Would be great to get pola so close and knock him out. 

shoe21
To:
survivorxii
Received:
5/2/2013 6:55:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to home 
Wow! That's what I gotta say right now.. Back from redemption island and I'm first target... The Adidas 4 added 2 which would have been huge if we didn't have a guy playing double agent MB... But the 3 I would take is pola and ahrens... Pola won't win cuz everybody hates him besides me... Ahrens is a toss up. I think I've played the game well enough faoght back and think I should be the winner 
6/1/2013 12:54 PM
A note on the polabonez DQ:

1.  We (ghutton and I) honestly thought that polabonez missed the final 5 vote deliberately.  He sent us a bunch of updates throughout the game.  In many of those, he stated that he wanted to control the game but has no interest in winning it.  I figured missing the vote was his way of controlling who was in the final 3, without winning himself.  

2.  I almost screwed up the game by bending the rules with challenge immunity in the previous vote, where Psap was eliminated.  Luckily for me, 4 votes were cast for Psap and my bad decision didn't matter.  After that, we needed to make sure that the rules were followed exactly how they were posted on page 1 of the forum.

It would have been interesting to see how the Final 4 played out.  I actually had the challenge planned.  The final 4 challenge was going to be "Second Chance Survivor Medley" where old challenge would be used for the second time.  I would have consisted of 3 parts.  After each part, one of the survivors would have been eliminated.  Part 1 was going to be betting on a huge $750,000 horse race at Belmont Park.  Part two would have been "Predict That Stat" with Heat/Pacers, game 7 of an NHL series, MLB games, and a few French Open stats.  The final leg of the challenge was going to be "Baseball Blackjack".
6/1/2013 1:12 PM
And that's a wrap for me...

Thanks to everybody for playing and also to Ghutton for co-hosting.  I had a blast hosting, although it was much more challenging than I originally imagined.  You are more than welcome to post (or sitemail) your thoughts on the pros and cons of how the game was run.  If you did not like the game, you can be brutally honest...my feelings won't be hurt...after all, I'm not getting paid for this!  Thanks again and congrats to Ahrens for taking the title!

*Make sure that you vote for the "Player of the Season" at the bottom of Page 91 on the forum
6/1/2013 1:18 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 6/1/2013 8:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 5/31/2013 11:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ahrens on 5/31/2013 11:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 5/31/2013 11:21:00 PM (view original):
The winning essay

Why Arfy poses the biggest threat to our way of life.

A short essay by Ahrens

When somebody’s most famous quote is: “Hide yo kids, hide yo wife and hide yo husbands too, because I am about to facerape them. Especially the children, I’m going to facerape them good.” (Arfy, many, many times, most recently yesterday). You know that our way of life is ending, and very soon. Especially with Chris Hanson cockblocking only people who use chat rooms, Arfy is allowed to facerape all over message boards and nobody is there to stop him. And the trickiest part, his name is a girls’ name! Nobody is even expecting LOREN to do anything like this, and he tricks them and bam, somebody’s face is pregnant. Unless it’s a child, then it’s shame and regret (for the child, not for Arfy). It’s a damn shame that this inappropriately named man is ruining life as we know with his inappropriate face actions.
Glad this got posted.
Sorry Jake...I'm not buying it.  Like Ahrens knows my first name.  lol

On a side note.......watch out for a new edition of mafia game coming soon!

I did post it in the forum right after he said he wanted letters and told people to make fun of it.
Ha!  I missed that.
6/1/2013 1:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...90|91|92|93|94|95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.