SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Posted by horvie78 on 6/1/2013 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Idol #3: The Idol of Dubs - found by Polabonez

Secret Message Hidden in Thread:
THE IDOL IS NICKNAME OF COLLEGE TEAM POSTED BY FORMER SURVIVOR
(Dubs posted “Arkansas Pine-Bluff" as a joke during the first tribe split)

To find the idol, a contestant had to post “GOLDEN LIONS” in the thread.

Clues:
1. Many have complained about these…some have said there are too many, while others have said they are not specific enough. (Rules Post: “THE IDOL IS” capitalized and in color)
2. The theme of the season! Here, six players competed, 19 games were predicted, and one survivor earned a second chance. (Redemption 1: “nickname of” is changed to “******** **”)
3. This season, the ratings were through the roof! Take another look at the results of the most exciting vote of the season. (4-4 vote which went to re-vote: “voting results” changed to “college team voting results”.
4. Horvie was good about sending reminders. This was a reminder in a challenge that spanned 4 days. (Masters reminder: change “posted” so that it is colorful)
5. This is the challenge that never took place, but was NOT due to a tribal submission mistake. (“by former” added to challenge post…it can be easily found as sjurat quoted the challenge on the same page of the thread)
6. A blank sitemail was the reason why this challenge was forfeited. Re-visit it to find the final part of the secret message! (“survivorxii” was changed to “________xii”)

Additional Clues hidden in thread:
7. Dublinuf was added to Tribe Under Armour as a clue to look for a post by dubs (it has since been deleted)
8. The idol hunt instructions were had LOOK, FOR, and CHANGE capitalized.
Ha ha!  Dubs got his own idol!  2 funny!
6/1/2013 1:50 PM
Are you happy that Csudak got the boot first?
Yes
polabonez
patsrule755
shlog3131
No
stevedotdec
kneeneighbor
nyaggie98
phillyboy107
caesari
Ha ha ha! Yeahhhhhh! Serves him right for plotting against Arfy the last game! sumbitch! lol
csudak
Arfy

THIS WAS FROM POLL TAKEN ON PAGE 17
6/1/2013 2:11 PM
Thanks horvie and Hutton for running the game. It was fun. I'm excited for the next one to prove I didn't just ride Tyson's coat tails then leave him at the strip club to fend for himself.
6/1/2013 3:07 PM
Posted by Arfy on 6/1/2013 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Are you happy that Csudak got the boot first?
Yes
polabonez
patsrule755
shlog3131
No
stevedotdec
kneeneighbor
nyaggie98
phillyboy107
caesari
Ha ha ha! Yeahhhhhh! Serves him right for plotting against Arfy the last game! sumbitch! lol
csudak
Arfy

THIS WAS FROM POLL TAKEN ON PAGE 17
I love how tyson was happy I got voted out, but yet wanted me back to work with him so bad.

I will say, it sucked to get voted off first, but it was probably for the best as I had just had a child 2 weeks before we "went to the island" so I'm not sure how much time I really would have been able to spend.

6/1/2013 4:59 PM
Just got done reading the final recap from the reunion show. I am also looking forward to the next survivor. It was a little disappointing for me this time, having the onus of putting myself out of the game simply by the circumstances of the time. I had just returned from vacation, getting home after 1am. Being up for work early I only read the first half of the instructions and made my vote, but didn't make my fire. Almost made it back from redemption. 

Early in the game, I had made contact with psap, mb, shlog, to being in an alliance, but I was playing out as an independent.  I made this known to ahrens who also seemed early to be more independent before the first merge and helped me understand the other offers. Ahrens and I, as two independents stuck with the psap, mb, shlog alliance as it helped all of our causes with good numbers.

After the merge, pola came aboard and early on it was definitely a psap/mb/shlog vs pola/tsut/sjurat  group + me + ahrens. We lost the challange and went to the first vote. Ahrens and pola let it be known that they were together and I would be the swing. Here is the sticky part. psap and mb had been honest and true thoughout the game, but psap was very vocal on the forum. This sort of gave me misgivings about how far I should follow him in an alliance. mb was always a straightshooter. I just couldn't vote mb out - but honestly - for my sake in the game - I probably would have voted with pola/ahrens/tsut/sjurat for psap at that vote. (sorry psap - you seemed to be getting too many enemies). So I voted for sjurat and went to the revote, again not voting for mb.

Once mb was safe and the fire challenge was to occur, I was ready to align with pola/ahrens/tsut for the challange. I misread the instructions and thought the fire challenge would be separate. I was going to contact pola when I had an opportunity to get to the internet, but when I did I noticed the challenge was over and I was off to redemption with my Doritos.

I wonder now how me reading better and completeing the challenge with p/a/t/s would have affected the game . . .

6/1/2013 5:25 PM (edited)
Wow -- you knew that Ahrens and Pola were together (as early as UA) yet never told MB or I ??
And then you voted, and re-voted with us against them on Mid-Major ??

That just doesn't seem to make sense.
6/1/2013 5:41 PM (edited)
A lot of things didn't make sense to me in this game. Being on the host side of things I got to see and hear a lot of things that made little sense. Early on, it was apparent that pola was a power player and controlling things. Everyone playing could see that he had strong alliances and if they made the final merge that they'd be tough to beat. Yet every time that others had numbers against him or his alliance, someone would flip and vote with them, even though that person knew they were the fifth man, at best. Polabonez played the game brilliantly and was pulling all of the right strings with people and using who he needed and throwing away who he didn't. It actually got quite boring because it was obvious what was going to happen each time. It's possible that polabonez would have been the next voted out because the others knew he'd win. I doubt it though. He was winning most of the challenges and would have likely won that one also. I thought it was common knowledge that you don't let a strong player get that far because they have too good a chance at winning that last challenge and after that, you can't beat them. Early on I thought his biggest mistake was making it obvious that he was the power player, but in the end it was him that lost the game for himself and nobody really beat him. 
6/1/2013 6:39 PM
By the way, who's hosting the next Survivor? Do we all need to get together and have a former Survivor host meeting(getting drunk), and decide this?
6/1/2013 6:45 PM
Btw pola still would have not made it to finals as long as he didn't win the next challenge or two
6/1/2013 6:55 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 6/1/2013 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Just got done reading the final recap from the reunion show. I am also looking forward to the next survivor. It was a little disappointing for me this time, having the onus of putting myself out of the game simply by the circumstances of the time. I had just returned from vacation, getting home after 1am. Being up for work early I only read the first half of the instructions and made my vote, but didn't make my fire. Almost made it back from redemption. 

Early in the game, I had made contact with psap, mb, shlog, to being in an alliance, but I was playing out as an independent.  I made this known to ahrens who also seemed early to be more independent before the first merge and helped me understand the other offers. Ahrens and I, as two independents stuck with the psap, mb, shlog alliance as it helped all of our causes with good numbers.

After the merge, pola came aboard and early on it was definitely a psap/mb/shlog vs pola/tsut/sjurat  group + me + ahrens. We lost the challange and went to the first vote. Ahrens and pola let it be known that they were together and I would be the swing. Here is the sticky part. psap and mb had been honest and true thoughout the game, but psap was very vocal on the forum. This sort of gave me misgivings about how far I should follow him in an alliance. mb was always a straightshooter. I just couldn't vote mb out - but honestly - for my sake in the game - I probably would have voted with pola/ahrens/tsut/sjurat for psap at that vote. (sorry psap - you seemed to be getting too many enemies). So I voted for sjurat and went to the revote, again not voting for mb.

Once mb was safe and the fire challenge was to occur, I was ready to align with pola/ahrens/tsut for the challange. I misread the instructions and thought the fire challenge would be separate. I was going to contact pola when I had an opportunity to get to the internet, but when I did I noticed the challenge was over and I was off to redemption with my Doritos.

I wonder now how me reading better and completeing the challenge with p/a/t/s would have affected the game . . .

I'm pretty sure you had national title immunity that you didn't play during this vote.
6/1/2013 7:27 PM
Posted by psap on 6/1/2013 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Wow -- you knew that Ahrens and Pola were together (as early as UA) yet never told MB or I ??
And then you voted, and re-voted with us against them on Mid-Major ??

That just doesn't seem to make sense.
This was before the first vote. I came at him late with the proposal and he would have sided with us had he had more time. That was my regret. Katz kept me in the game and I approached him too late with the proposal and he ended up and got ousted. I was really pulling him in the first redemption challenge.

Also, we weren't together in UA. The first time I talked to Tyson was right before the first merge. Look at Tyson's letter there, he doesn't mention me at all.
6/1/2013 7:56 PM (edited)
Posted by ghutton9 on 6/1/2013 6:45:00 PM (view original):
By the way, who's hosting the next Survivor? Do we all need to get together and have a former Survivor host meeting(getting drunk), and decide this?
I nominate that Shoe and Philly team up and work together to create a one of a kind experience for the players.
6/1/2013 7:33 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 6/1/2013 6:45:00 PM (view original):
I'm actually retiring from the military after 20 years next month.  I should be back home and settled by the end of July.  If the next season hasn't started by then, I'd consider helping to run one again.
6/1/2013 7:52 PM
Posted by ahrens on 6/1/2013 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by katzphang88 on 6/1/2013 5:25:00 PM (view original):

I'm pretty sure you had national title immunity that you didn't play during this vote.
I'm pretty sure Ahrens is correct and I remember mentioning this to Ghutton.  Katz won a NC right before the first redemption challenge took place.  Since there was no vote for the redemption challenge, he could have played it after the Challenge #7 vote and been immune.  However, I don't think it would have changed the long-term outcome.  Since both tribes submitted the same exact picks, somebody else from Katz's clique would have went home.
6/1/2013 7:52 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 6/1/2013 6:39:00 PM (view original):
A lot of things didn't make sense to me in this game. Being on the host side of things I got to see and hear a lot of things that made little sense. Early on, it was apparent that pola was a power player and controlling things. Everyone playing could see that he had strong alliances and if they made the final merge that they'd be tough to beat. Yet every time that others had numbers against him or his alliance, someone would flip and vote with them, even though that person knew they were the fifth man, at best. Polabonez played the game brilliantly and was pulling all of the right strings with people and using who he needed and throwing away who he didn't. It actually got quite boring because it was obvious what was going to happen each time. It's possible that polabonez would have been the next voted out because the others knew he'd win. I doubt it though. He was winning most of the challenges and would have likely won that one also. I thought it was common knowledge that you don't let a strong player get that far because they have too good a chance at winning that last challenge and after that, you can't beat them. Early on I thought his biggest mistake was making it obvious that he was the power player, but in the end it was him that lost the game for himself and nobody really beat him. 
We would have voted him out at 5, but I convinced shoe and mb to vote for sjurat instead because pola had done so much for me that I could straight flip on him. I was giving him a chance to win the challenge to win the game. It would probably me and pola competing for the top stop at the challenge, like it was always towards the end. So I was leaving that up to chance.
6/1/2013 7:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...91|92|93|94|95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.