SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Don't know if I would have time to solo host, but I would consider co-hosting depending on when people wanted to get it going again.

And depending on who is playing, I have a good idea for a theme.

6/1/2013 8:20 PM (edited)
Congrats to Ahrens on the victory. Whomever is the host let me know when the next Survivor hits the forum, this was a good one and lots of fun!
6/1/2013 9:11 PM
Posted by csudak on 6/1/2013 8:20:00 PM (view original):
Don't know if I would have time to solo host, but I would consider co-hosting depending on when people wanted to get it going again.

Casey, if people are willing to wait until late-July/early-Aug to start the next season, I'll run it with you.  Prolly a good time frame to start as football will be starting up again for challenges.

6/1/2013 10:27 PM
Awesome. Sounds like you 2 can run it then. I'm anxious to play again, but some day down the road would love to host it. Even co hosting, I had a great time doing it. I learned a lot about the game and have some ideas for if I ever do host it. I guess I'll post the second idol stuff now for those interested.
6/1/2013 11:33 PM
Just thought I'd pull a bit from pola's third letter:

"MB625's move from psap to us (when he easily could have switched to the A4) has been both surprising to me and helpful to all of us. This last merge could have been won or lost depending on him, and he chose us, even after we worked so hard to tear up his previous alliance."

So perhaps I was more influential in this game than I first thought.

6/1/2013 11:33 PM
Posted by stevedotdec on 6/1/2013 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 6/1/2013 8:20:00 PM (view original):

Casey, if people are willing to wait until late-July/early-Aug to start the next season, I'll run it with you.  Prolly a good time frame to start as football will be starting up again for challenges.

Yeah, that would work for me. 
6/1/2013 11:43 PM
Well, actually I won't be posting it. I left my notes for it at work. duh! I can tell you all that pola ended up with the second idol. The idol of Walter J.V. "Rabbit" Maranville.

A slick fielding shortstop that former Boston Braves manager, George Stallings, called, "The greatest player to enter baseball since Ty Cobb arrived." He was a key member of the 1914 Miracle Braves and finished second in MVP voting. 

Polabonez guessed it and then sent a sitemail-

Give me my damned idol. I've got logs of hours searching for that damned thing. And had everyone convinced I found it already to prevent them from guessing...So I wasn't making a guess in the forums until I was SURE I was right.

Well played, gents. 

To sum up the idol hunt though. I sent out clues that when put together gave the baseball card year, number and company for 3 hall of fame shortstops. My forum clue was that the 3 together provided bigger clues. They were all hall of fame shortstops and the idol was hidden with a hall of fame shortstop. I really thought that was going to give away too much info. Once a survivor guessed the card for the player, each one had another clue tied to them. When all 3 were guessed another clue was unlocked. I don't have my notes of what the clues were or even who the shortstops were. If anyone has that info, feel free to post it.

I decided to do this idol hunt because I wanted to do something different and somewhat interactive. It gave me something to do that weekend because I had to keep checking in for guesses of the shortstops so that I could send the next clues out. I had a blast doing this idol hunt. 
6/1/2013 11:51 PM
And finally, I want to thank everyone that played. These past couple of months co hosting this were a ton of fun for me. Special thanks to horvie, who I know spent a lot more time than I did on this and ran a great game. I hope everyone enjoyed the challenges I put out there. I know some of them were really complicated, but I wanted to make them different. This was a blast and I hope to do it again one day. Next time though, I'll be trying to win.
6/1/2013 11:59 PM
Enough of this prattle. Get Arfy in here and start the second edition of the Big Brother game. It's summer damnit.
6/2/2013 12:17 AM
caesari
To:
survivorxii
Received:
5/2/2013 7:35:00 AM
Subject:
letter home 
Well, my "adidas 4" alliance just got blown up by....me. It was just chance that me, knee, goat and pure were on adidas and bcs together and naturally started to work together. THe problrm for them is that I was with pola all along, this was just the first chance I had to work with him.

Well played......rat bastard! LOL!
6/2/2013 1:03 AM
Posted by da_goat on 6/2/2013 1:03:00 AM (view original):
caesari
To:
survivorxii
Received:
Subject:
letter home 
Well, my "adidas 4" alliance just got blown up by....me. It was just chance that me, knee, goat and pure were on adidas and bcs together and naturally started to work together. THe problrm for them is that I was with pola all along, this was just the first chance I had to work with him.

LOL.

i think i even sent a sitemail to goat telling him i thought it was caesari that flipped since it supposedly wasn't  the "real" caesari playing.. or was that a ruse as well?? or maybe im drunk and just think i read a post about it not being the real caesari..

too many drinks @ disney world tonight lol

6/2/2013 1:18 AM
Posted by ahrens on 6/1/2013 7:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by psap on 6/1/2013 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Wow -- you knew that Ahrens and Pola were together (as early as UA) yet never told MB or I ??
And then you voted, and re-voted with us against them on Mid-Major ??

That just doesn't seem to make sense.
This was before the first vote. I came at him late with the proposal and he would have sided with us had he had more time. That was my regret. Katz kept me in the game and I approached him too late with the proposal and he ended up and got ousted. I was really pulling him in the first redemption challenge.

Also, we weren't together in UA. The first time I talked to Tyson was right before the first merge. Look at Tyson's letter there, he doesn't mention me at all.
That's correct. ahrens was not in the alliance with pola when we were at UA, only when we went to Mid-Major. He came along to help vote out csudak and redraider because I asked.

Also I believe there was a vote in which my team had immunity after I won a NC and I thought I read that I only had immunity for the next vote.
6/2/2013 1:21 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 6/2/2013 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Enough of this prattle. Get Arfy in here and start the second edition of the Big Brother game. It's summer damnit.
+1
6/2/2013 7:09 AM
Ha!
6/2/2013 4:51 PM
Posted by pureh21 on 6/2/2013 1:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by da_goat on 6/2/2013 1:03:00 AM (view original):
caesari
To:
survivorxii
Received:
Subject:
letter home 

LOL.

i think i even sent a sitemail to goat telling him i thought it was caesari that flipped since it supposedly wasn't  the "real" caesari playing.. or was that a ruse as well?? or maybe im drunk and just think i read a post about it not being the real caesari..

too many drinks @ disney world tonight lol

No, you remember right about somebody taking over the caesari account......they posted it in forums even....I remember talking to knee about it.
6/2/2013 6:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...92|93|94|95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.