SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Congrats Ahrens... You definitely deserved the win ...  Since day one that we started working together you played one hell of a game.

Great survivor horvie/ghutton, much better organized then I ever did and some of the new challenge ideas you came up with were a lot of fun.  I had a hard time coming up with new ideas the last time I hosted one and ended up pulling old challenges, but there were definitely some good, innovative, very fun challenges.

Sorry to all about my DQ.  It actually wasn't on purpose... .I really just lost track of what day it was...  Like I said, the strippers did it.  However, in the long run, I was ok with the result... I'm happy with the endgame as it sits.

I'm pretty sure that REPAS is the reason the game changed for me.  This game I didn't start with any alliances, only Casey - who for some reason couldn't control his own first vote over there....     Stalagna put me, tsut, and sjurat together.... .  I really hadn't even started the game yet.

It wasn't until I found out REPAS was PSAP that everything changed.  Once I had a conversation with psap and found out that he had already talked to patsrule755, mlee, citizenkane, katz, mb625, shlog, bperkins, phillyboy, swany, goat....  and I think even a few others...  I realized I had better get my **** together fast.

The next people voted out of the game were:

mlee
patsrule
phillyboy
bperkins

etc...

So that's how me and psap started our little feud...   Which was pretty funny and fun all at the same time....

Goat - whether or not you are the brother of golfpro or not..  you have no idea how long I had been trying to take you out of the game.  Right after the first letters, after I had talked to you...  I have been figuring out a way to have you eliminated, since obviously I couldn't be sure whether you are brother-in-law or not...  And your tribe just kept escaping that situation..  I thought once shoe and stalagna got over there I could handle that better, and actually told shoe to team up WITH you guys, figuring after a while I could talk knee into flopping with caesari to take you out, but shoe took matters into his own hands and tried teaming up with shlog and philly and, well we know how that all worked out.

The shoe21 elimination was pretty funny.  We were actually at the bar that night shooting pool, and he said he had it under control and that goat was going.  I told him that I would be "very" surprised if he wasn't getting blindsided on that vote.  He said "no chance".  About  an hour later he looks up at me and says, "****, I'm gone man."

It was priceless.

Tsut  - I can't believe you made the move when you did....  It was a hell of a try....  and I think it was the right move, but I couldn't believe you were involved. .  We were like boys... and stuff...

I had the feeling it was happening because your sitemail demeanor changed... and of course I just had to ask shoe.  He might not have told me had I not... . not sure.. since I know he wanted to oust me.. but that all worked out none-theless.  Plus with me winning challenge immunity I didn't have to worry about too much.

Anyways, one hell of a fun one game this time.   A lot of **** happened, a lot of drama...  A good result.  Thanks for everyone that worked with me, and those who I didn't have to and ended up being voted off... maybe next game. :)

6/3/2013 10:29 AM
I didn't really get to say a whole lot as I have been busy.  It was fun and I do appreciate the hosts hosting the game.  Can't compare it to others, since this was my first, but I had fun.  I'm really looking forward to proving that I didn't get lucky in the end and that I played the game and know what I am doing.  Obviously since I won, a target probably will be on my back, but that's fine, I guess.  Was nice being in the shadows, I only got like 5 total votes cast for me the whole game.  

Tyson - thanks for teaching me part of what you know. I hope to now use some of your tricks next game.
Psap - You made the drama this season.  I harbor no ill will towards you, and hope the feeling is mutual.  Most of what I said was the prod the bear and get reactions/intel from you.  Well done on the 'idol'  Tyson and I thought for sure we duped you on that one, and you in turn duped us.  
sjurat- I know I voted you off, but it was purely as collateral damage.  It was to send a message to Tyson mainly, it was more of a wrong place wrong time situation.
katz- thanks for keeping me alive in the early part, also sorry we couldn't play in the later part of the game.
shoe and mb - congrats on making it that far. Actually didn't interact with either one until late, but without both of you, I know I wouldn't have been here.

Thanks again, and I am excited to try to defend my crown. When do I get my million dollar check?
6/3/2013 12:48 PM
Posted by polabonez on 6/3/2013 10:29:00 AM (view original):
 Congrats Ahrens... You definitely deserved the win ...  Since day one that we started working together you played one hell of a game.

Great survivor horvie/ghutton, much better organized then I ever did and some of the new challenge ideas you came up with were a lot of fun.  I had a hard time coming up with new ideas the last time I hosted one and ended up pulling old challenges, but there were definitely some good, innovative, very fun challenges.

Sorry to all about my DQ.  It actually wasn't on purpose... .I really just lost track of what day it was...  Like I said, the strippers did it.  However, in the long run, I was ok with the result... I'm happy with the endgame as it sits.

I'm pretty sure that REPAS is the reason the game changed for me.  This game I didn't start with any alliances, only Casey - who for some reason couldn't control his own first vote over there....     Stalagna put me, tsut, and sjurat together.... .  I really hadn't even started the game yet.

It wasn't until I found out REPAS was PSAP that everything changed.  Once I had a conversation with psap and found out that he had already talked to patsrule755, mlee, citizenkane, katz, mb625, shlog, bperkins, phillyboy, swany, goat....  and I think even a few others...  I realized I had better get my **** together fast.

mlee
patsrule
phillyboy
bperkins

etc...

So that's how me and psap started our little feud...   Which was pretty funny and fun all at the same time....

Goat - whether or not you are the brother of golfpro or not..  you have no idea how long I had been trying to take you out of the game.  Right after the first letters, after I had talked to you...  I have been figuring out a way to have you eliminated, since obviously I couldn't be sure whether you are brother-in-law or not...  And your tribe just kept escaping that situation..  I thought once shoe and stalagna got over there I could handle that better, and actually told shoe to team up WITH you guys, figuring after a while I could talk knee into flopping with caesari to take you out, but shoe took matters into his own hands and tried teaming up with shlog and philly and, well we know how that all worked out.

The shoe21 elimination was pretty funny.  We were actually at the bar that night shooting pool, and he said he had it under control and that goat was going.  I told him that I would be "very" surprised if he wasn't getting blindsided on that vote.  He said "no chance".  About  an hour later he looks up at me and says, "****, I'm gone man."

It was priceless.

Tsut  - I can't believe you made the move when you did....  It was a hell of a try....  and I think it was the right move, but I couldn't believe you were involved. .  We were like boys... and stuff...

I had the feeling it was happening because your sitemail demeanor changed... and of course I just had to ask shoe.  He might not have told me had I not... . not sure.. since I know he wanted to oust me.. but that all worked out none-theless.  Plus with me winning challenge immunity I didn't have to worry about too much.

Anyways, one hell of a fun one game this time.   A lot of **** happened, a lot of drama...  A good result.  Thanks for everyone that worked with me, and those who I didn't have to and ended up being voted off... maybe next game. :)

Best part about the whole repas thing: I actually hadn't checked the forum or anything so when Tyson told me that psap was repas, I actually had to go back and reread the forums to figure out what the hell was going on.  
6/3/2013 12:49 PM

mlee
patsrule
phillyboy
bperkins

etc...

It was priceless.

This is me being honest, Tyson....

Honestly, the only reason I attempted to make the move when I did, is that alot of things seemed to happen all at once.  By that I mean, the fake accounts, you getting kind of quiet and scarce in sitemails compared to how it was.  Anyhow, I truly thought, at 1st, it was you behind the fake accounts, fishing for info from those of us remaining.  You getting quiet made me worry that I was one of the next couple to go (at the final 8-9).  That's why I attempted to do what I did. 

I think my main mistake was trying to recruit sjurat as well.  Not certain how trustworthy everyone else was without sj, but I personally feel (I could be wrong though) he was the one who fed you the info that I was up to something.  I never reached out to ahrens, I knew the 2 of you were tight, and that he wouldn't budge.  

You said I was good to at least the final 4-5.  I had a gut feeling against that, hence why I tried to do it.  If you went to the end, you were going to win, hands down, no questions asked.  Like I mentioned to a few people, quite possibly sweeping all the jury votes.  It didn't work, no hard feelings, it's just a game.  Congrats to ahrens for winning, and I hope to be able to play in the next one.

6/3/2013 1:33 PM (edited)

mlee
patsrule
phillyboy
bperkins

etc...

It was priceless.

Let me correct you about something, pola. Psap and I did not play together until the very end....I actually helped vote out bperkins, swany, and phillyboy as I was not part of an early alliance with psap or golfpro....pro actually approached me about it, but after his shennanigans in the last Survivor, I told him that I would vote with him if he were on my tribe....told him I wanted to play my own game. We didn't discuss much strategy at all, especially since he was voted out early on.
6/3/2013 3:01 PM
Posted by tsut30 on 6/3/2013 1:33:00 PM (view original):

mlee
patsrule
phillyboy
bperkins

etc...

It was priceless.

This is me being honest, Tyson....

Honestly, the only reason I attempted to make the move when I did, is that alot of things seemed to happen all at once.  By that I mean, the fake accounts, you getting kind of quiet and scarce in sitemails compared to how it was.  Anyhow, I truly thought, at 1st, it was you behind the fake accounts, fishing for info from those of us remaining.  You getting quiet made me worry that I was one of the next couple to go (at the final 8-9).  That's why I attempted to do what I did. 

I think my main mistake was trying to recruit sjurat as well.  Not certain how trustworthy everyone else was without sj, but I personally feel (I could be wrong though) he was the one who fed you the info that I was up to something.  I never reached out to ahrens, I knew the 2 of you were tight, and that he wouldn't budge.  

You said I was good to at least the final 4-5.  I had a gut feeling against that, hence why I tried to do it.  If you went to the end, you were going to win, hands down, no questions asked.  Like I mentioned to a few people, quite possibly sweeping all the jury votes.  It didn't work, no hard feelings, it's just a game.  Congrats to ahrens for winning, and I hope to be able to play in the next one.

If you would have approached me, I would have listened. I needed one more for my shoe turn on pola plan. Mb was the one it ended up being, but it could have been you.
6/3/2013 6:05 PM
This made me think of Polabonez

6/4/2013 3:45 PM
Did it make you think of Big Brother?
6/4/2013 6:04 PM
Is that a hint?
6/4/2013 7:41 PM
I really don't think it was even that subtle a hint.
6/4/2013 10:42 PM
Okay....you suckered me into it!  Look for the 'Big Brother' sign up page.
6/5/2013 12:43 AM
Sorry I missed the reunion show lol. I completely forgot about this game even though when I was in the game I would check it like 10 times a day. I will say I was a stubborn *******. I was confused with alliances from the start. I had a big mouth which made me get out early. I also liked redemption island because I make my own picks!

Thanks for the fun even though half my team was an ***-hole and voted me off!
6/9/2013 4:57 PM
Stand by for an announcement about Survivor XIII, coming soon.  csudak and I are starting "pre-production" now.  Look for something soon (certainly after the current versions of Big Brother and Mafia are complete).
9/4/2013 12:45 AM
Well dang, it looks like my idea won't work, but Casey's got a good one, so we'll open up signups soon.  Stay tuned...
9/4/2013 8:35 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many of you are on WIS just to play this game?
9/6/2013 9:08 AM
◂ Prev 1...93|94|95
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.