Knocking off Sim-AI Topic

I was wondering as I've run into the problem a few times now. How easy it would be to knock of a D1AA sim ai when you're at a D-2 school that is fairly good? Anyone know or have any experience doing this? What did it cost? lol 20 CV's?
3/28/2013 1:45 AM
My understanding is this is nearly impossible - you don't have the recruiting budget to overcome the almost insurmountable advantage that the d1aa program has over you.  Then again, I've never tried at that level.
3/28/2013 7:11 AM
I don't know for sure, but I think it is impossible.  If the recruit is in your vision, best bet would be to hope a human coached team (D1AA) knocks off the SIM, but does not sign the guy...then you might have a shot.  Others may know for sure.
3/28/2013 9:52 AM
Posted by harriswb3 on 3/28/2013 9:52:00 AM (view original):
I don't know for sure, but I think it is impossible.  If the recruit is in your vision, best bet would be to hope a human coached team (D1AA) knocks off the SIM, but does not sign the guy...then you might have a shot.  Others may know for sure.
If memory serves me correctly the recruit would once again consider the SimAI school if the human turns the recruit green but doesn't sign him enroute to filling all his schollies.  The SimAI recruiting effort would still be in place unless it too filled all of it's schollies.  Correct me if I'm off here.....
3/28/2013 10:06 AM
Posted by majique on 3/28/2013 10:06:00 AM (view original):
If memory serves me correctly the recruit would once again consider the SimAI school if the human turns the recruit green but doesn't sign him enroute to filling all his schollies.  The SimAI recruiting effort would still be in place unless it too filled all of it's schollies.  Correct me if I'm off here.....
If the D2 guesses that the D1aa (Human) is recruiting as a backup, and can put in enough recruiting effort to get "considering" status, then if the D1aa (Human) drops off due to filling schol limits, then the D2 might slide into lead over the previous D1aa (SimAi). (I think).
3/28/2013 1:18 PM
Well this came up in the Beta testing and I think I'll try to battle since I don't have anything to screw up but my beta team lol
3/28/2013 2:46 PM
Posted by headpirate on 3/28/2013 1:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by majique on 3/28/2013 10:06:00 AM (view original):
If the D2 guesses that the D1aa (Human) is recruiting as a backup, and can put in enough recruiting effort to get "considering" status, then if the D1aa (Human) drops off due to filling schol limits, then the D2 might slide into lead over the previous D1aa (SimAi). (I think).

Sounds right

3/28/2013 2:52 PM
Let us know how it goes....
3/29/2013 9:12 AM
It can be done, but you're looking at 2-3x the recruiting effort, so if you don't get him green fast, the SIMS will eat your lunch. The important thing is to get yellow fast, so you can concentrate on high-yield CVs without having half of them rejected.
3/31/2013 5:49 AM
Yeah it works its been completed took A LOT OF my money though lol but well worth it since the guy is animal at D-2
3/31/2013 4:54 PM
I have a related question and will piggy back off this thread:
How to best knock off D-III sims?
i've never done it before, hasnt been worth it with so many DIII fish in the sea, but i am thinking of giving it a whirl this season.
Whats best method for knocking off DIII sims? do i have any chance at knocking off DII sims?
what impact does national title have?
4/3/2013 1:07 PM
I usually give 3 CV's should do the trick or if you want to for sure settle it do 5cv's, I've never tried to know of D-2 sims but its possible just going to cost you and arm and a leg...
4/3/2013 5:25 PM
is that 3 CVs for each SIM, so someone with 3 sims would be 9 CVs?
4/4/2013 1:13 PM
No, the CVs numbers are per recruit.  So whether he has one SimAI or four, throw 3 or 4 CVs his way and he should turn green for ya.
4/4/2013 2:25 PM
+1
4/4/2013 2:52 PM
12 Next ▸
Knocking off Sim-AI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.