UCF 4peat the greatest ever POWER CUSA! Topic

Was well on its way to 5 titles in a row until they changed the game overnight midseason.

Been a while, they fix this thing yet? Any coaches still around?
4/1/2013 12:02 AM
Is the Occupy heisman thing I started still going or dead?
4/1/2013 12:05 AM
Anyone watching Walking Dead? I discovered that show on these forums back in season 1. Carl just shot that dude no hesitation, he's come a long way since then!
4/1/2013 12:08 AM
Beta is in progress, it's pretty sick lots of different options for just about everything you could want. I recommend signing up for a beta world the next go around in about  a month.

The occupy Heisman movement has been dead for some time, however if you scroll through the forum I just posted a new forum about the most populated D-1 worlds which has Stagg at # 1 with 77 D-1 coaches. The forum on here has been crazy slow/ boring no one it seems comes on here except wbharris an myself posting anything of substance. (if you could call my stuff that lol)

4/1/2013 2:32 AM
Posted by livemike on 4/1/2013 12:02:00 AM (view original):
Was well on its way to 5 titles in a row until they changed the game overnight midseason.

Ahhh.....blow me!
4/2/2013 6:32 PM
LOL^^
4/2/2013 9:38 PM
Posted by Arfy on 4/2/2013 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by livemike on 4/1/2013 12:02:00 AM (view original):

Ahhh.....blow me!
What up Arfy!  That's what I was looking for, been a while since I could get on here and talk some GD trash.  Those days are long gone not sure why I tried it.  I blame the bourbon. 

One major key to that UCF dynasty was just taking substitutions to the next level.  At that point most everyone was rotating players, setting rest at 90% and using a 'B' type formation to get starters a breather. 

What I did was essentially set up 3 lineups, A,B,C with A being best and C being low freshman types.  But instead of keeping players in the 90-95% range that the game would have them playing, my goal was to keep A lineup closest to 100% possible.

So I would only put the A lineup in for most important downs, like 3rd medium and 4th short.  Let the B lineup handle 1st and 2nd long, and C on 2nd and short type free plays.  Similar setup on defense.

So when playing a superior Elite type team with lowly UCF, their talent advantage basically shrunk throughout the game until they lost it.  Almost every 1st and 2nd down play was a gain for UCF. 

I used an early version of this strategy to win title with cravedogg's Kansas team in Bryant.  At that point I knew I had cracked the game so to speak.

It's also why I had so much success going against the grain at IA with passing offenses and being able to stop the 'unstoppable' run game.  Unlike real life, in GD, the opposing offense could wear itself out. 

Cheers!
4/3/2013 11:36 AM
UCF 4peat the greatest ever POWER CUSA! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.