Redshirting a recruit you made promised playing to Topic

Will his Work Ethic fall? 

Coach,

I just found out that you want me to redshirt this season. What happened to all the talk and promises of playing time during recruiting? I thought I was going to get my chance this season.

4/7/2013 10:48 AM
Yes.  It will.  Same with if you promised a sophomore start.  Freshman start is first year, sophomore is 2nd year, regardless of rehdshirt
4/7/2013 11:18 AM
If you promised him a Fr start and don't start him...his WE will fall.
If you promised him a So start...u can redshirt him and his WE won't fall. (Must start him his Fr* season)
If you promised him any sort of PT...u can redshirt him and his WE won't fall.

4/7/2013 12:53 PM
Wait a minute?  His WE won't fall if you promised playing time and then redshirted him?  I had no idea.  Do you have to give him the playing time his Fr* season?
4/7/2013 1:51 PM
Hmmm, just had a recruit lose WE cause I promised him PT and shirted him.  Wonder if that effect has anything to do with the scouting reply of "being a team player" or not?
4/7/2013 2:33 PM
Any time I promise PT and red shirt. The player gets ****** off and loses WE.  Most of the time when I promise a ST FR and I red shirt, the player is OK with it but some times a player will get ****** off and lose WE.
 Any time that I promise a FR ST and PT and I red shirt. The player gets ****** off and loses WE. The player will say it is because of the PT. Even though he is OK with him being red shirted.

4/7/2013 2:58 PM
I redshirt every QB I recruit.
I promise every QB I recruit 75% PT.
I have never had a QB (or any other player I promise PT to) lose WE when redshirting.

4/7/2013 3:02 PM
I'm with damauler on this one.  RS over a PT promise has no ill effect.  Actually, guys I RS without a PT promise sometimes lose WE, but never the ones I RS w a PT promise.
4/9/2013 3:08 PM
The guy I promised playing time and a Freshman start to, then Redshirted, threw a fit.  His Work Ethic fell from 24 to 12.  I pulled his Redshirt, and started him with his playing time 2 games ago.  No improvement yet.
4/12/2013 6:02 PM
The freshman start is why the WE fell.  You would have been OK had it been a sophomore start.
4/15/2013 5:49 PM
this is a loophole i have learned to exploit, 75% promised pt and redshirt with no ill effects
4/16/2013 2:26 PM
If you promised a SO start, then redshirt him his SO year, will WE fall a bunch?
5/2/2013 3:35 PM
Posted by rochitwood on 5/2/2013 3:35:00 PM (view original):
If you promised a SO start, then redshirt him his SO year, will WE fall a bunch?
Yes. If you don't remove the RS and start him by the time he sends you his third complaint, your REP will also take a hit.
5/2/2013 5:06 PM
Redshirting a recruit you made promised playing to Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.