***Best Coaches Poll VOTING Time***Vote NOW!!! Topic

I would like people to nominate the best ACTIVE coaches in all of the worlds. So please go ahead post who you think is worthy and why some stats would be nice or a link to their GD profile. I'm only active in Stagg and Yost so I will nominate people from those worlds. 

I will go ahead and nominate both gtdeuce and damauler in D-2 Stagg as ELITE coaches in their respective division.

Damauler has in the last 17 seasons at Valdosta state has been to 7 National Championships winning 6 of them and his team is always making deep runs into the playoffs.

Gtdeuce in 61 seasons at Virginia State has been to 26 National Title games winning 20 of them both coaches are very impressive and both are the reason I left D-2 in Stagg even with a stacked Western Oregon team I would be out coached all day lol.

I'm excited to see who else people have to nominate!? At the end of all the submissions one week from today I will create a poll and people can vote on who they believe is the top ACTIVE GD COACH!!! I
4/9/2013 3:34 AM
I'm only looking at D1A in these worlds, because that's where I am:

Warner: dansonball (currently at PSU)...has won 3 of the last 5 NCs.  It's easy to dismiss as him being at Penn State, but he also won a D1A championship at Louisiana Lafayette, which is no small feat.

Camp: bullfrog333 (USC)/devindupre (LSU)...both have 3 fairly recent championships...my respect award for this world goes to taint98, both for his screen name and the fact that he's stuck by Texas A&M for many season and never backs away from an elite non-con matchup

Yost:: eustis 1183 (Colorado)...like taint, he's stuck by Colorado, and has two recent NCs from a pretty school to recruit from.  I'm at Oklahoma and always seem to struggle against him, so he's tough for me...

4/9/2013 2:50 PM
Tangocbear 76% Win %,  4 Natl Titles and a hell of a nice guy
Scrodz 76% Win %,  6 Natl Titles and one of the best gameplanners around
4/9/2013 2:52 PM (edited)
Nice posts ebbets and cman2k ! Lets keep them coming!
4/9/2013 3:15 PM
I am only active in Yost and nominate 3 coaches that really stand out.

First is drejday, He has 2 titles @ LSU and 7 on his profile. I believe he is the only active D1 coach that has a winning record against my PSU team and I rarely beat him.

http://whatifsports.com/user/profile/Games/GridironDynasty/?user=drejday

Second is jasonfreeman @ Florida. He has been my rival across several years, worlds and conferences. He has 4 D1 national championships in Yost and a total of 21 on his profile. He is a great recruiter and always gets the most from his team.

http://whatifsports.com/user/profile/Games/GridironDynasty/?user=jasonfreeman

Finally there is nelsonba25. He is the most innovative coach in GD and has changed the way we play the game. He has 3 D1 titles at Nebraska and a whopping 70 on his profile. He has also mentored hundreds of coaches and in my opinion is the greatest coach in the history of GD.

http://whatifsports.com/user/profile/Games/GridironDynasty/?user=nelsonba25

Thanks for the thread.

4/9/2013 6:00 PM
CEBRAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4/9/2013 6:41 PM
Snake
4/9/2013 7:03 PM
A profile link would be appreciated for the above two mentioned Names thanks!
4/9/2013 7:27 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 4/9/2013 7:27:00 PM (view original):
snake liked to stir things up a LOT and received a lifetime ban from GD some time ago, sjurat's post was done in jest. 
4/9/2013 7:45 PM
LOL that's pretty cool he must have really worked hard at a lifetime ban? Can some one send me the forum link of some of his masterful artwork? lol
4/9/2013 7:49 PM
Lets see some more serious entries?
4/10/2013 1:21 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 4/9/2013 7:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jfootball88 on 4/9/2013 7:27:00 PM (view original):
snake liked to stir things up a LOT and received a lifetime ban from GD some time ago, sjurat's post was done in jest. 
If snake were still here, the forum would be jumping!! D1AA in Camp would be stingray at Richmond with 7 titles.He was the first coach that I know of that went with the 1 big recruiting class every 4 years tactic.......

4/10/2013 9:33 AM (edited)
There are great coaches and great recruiters.  I would see who is best at both and nominate that person.  There are coaches that inherit established teams and ride the coat tails and there are those who like to rebuild.  If you are going by record only, its hard to pick just one.  
4/10/2013 12:40 PM
@Cellura-That's an interesting point I would agree as I fall in to the later of that first sentence of being a great recruiter but not the best coach. In fact my teams have had greater success upon my departure then while I was there haha. I'm thinking of keeping this strictly the best Active Coach! But lets see some more nominations in the mean time!

4/10/2013 2:41 PM
I want to addd two guys.

Ben  aka  mcbethbr    and Devin    aka   devindupree/2guinness.

Devin has  173 cc and 37 NCS between those two IDS  and Ben has incredible numbers
4/10/2013 4:24 PM
12 Next ▸
***Best Coaches Poll VOTING Time***Vote NOW!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.