base game plan - one i don't actually use? Topic

if i set my game planning basics to .....say wishbone or shotgun, but i dont actually run those sets in the actual game plan....does the 3rd RB or 4th WR get credit for "starting" even though we never run that set?
5/14/2013 8:14 PM
If that player gets in the game for 1 play during the 1st half...he will get credit for a start.
5/14/2013 8:28 PM
ok so worst case put in a WB or SG play 1st & 10 say...thanks
5/14/2013 8:39 PM
If the base is WB and you do not use WB at all in the actual game plan. No one will get credit for a start.  You can not name a formation and not use it.
5/14/2013 9:08 PM
well i can add at least one set (see above) with the formation in question.... but i wont be practicing it & its just so a promised start will be followed thru on.......lets say i have 3 wr & my standard formation is trips....but my 4th wr has a "frosh start" from recruiting & theres no way i can sit another wr from the starting group.....do i need to have a SG formation play or if he comes in cuz of fatigue or freshness setting on the depth chart does that count if the set is trips?
5/14/2013 9:52 PM
Posted by fermor332002 on 5/14/2013 9:09:00 PM (view original):
If the base is WB and you do not use WB at all in the actual game plan. No one will get credit for a start.  You can not name a formation and not use it.
fermor, this statement is incorrect.  As already mentioned, you can set any game plan you would like in the base setting.  As long as the player you promised a start, plays in one play during the 1st half, he will get credit for the start. (play doesn't count if a penalty occurs)
I often use this strategy on defense alternating between the 4-3 and 5-2 to get my DL credit for more starts and I never play the 5-2.  

5/14/2013 10:01 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 5/14/2013 9:52:00 PM (view original):
well i can add at least one set (see above) with the formation in question.... but i wont be practicing it & its just so a promised start will be followed thru on.......lets say i have 3 wr & my standard formation is trips....but my 4th wr has a "frosh start" from recruiting & theres no way i can sit another wr from the starting group.....do i need to have a SG formation play or if he comes in cuz of fatigue or freshness setting on the depth chart does that count if the set is trips?
From your example: if your 4th WR has been promised a start, set the base offense to SG and as long as he plays in at least one play in the 1st half, he will get credit.
You do not need to play SG in the game. (it will count if you adjust your freshness setting in the depth chart and he enters the game)
5/14/2013 10:13 PM
awesome - thanks jhard70 & harriswb3....guess i can offer that scholly now :-)

5/14/2013 10:31 PM
base game plan - one i don't actually use? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.