Notre Dame offense Topic

I just took over a team in DII Heisman and I am considering using primarily a wishbone/ND offense.  I have never used ND before.  Was wondering if there was anyone who can give me some insight on it.  Just curious on what others think of it.  Thanks.  

7/27/2013 2:59 AM
I would also like to know who is the "guru" of the ND Box offense.  (the answer is NOT jconte...LOL)
7/27/2013 6:16 AM
I'm not the guru by any means, but have used it effectively in some situations---if someone is foolish enough to try a 3-4 defense against it, conservative runs are very effective in eating clock.  Conservative passes will work as well.  But if you have better players, just about any formation will be effective.
7/27/2013 1:18 PM
You need two quality TEs to be effective with it as a primary offense, so you need to have 3-4 TEs on your roster. Running the bone means more RBs, and running trips or shotgun means more WRs. You can try to even the bench players out over all your offenses, or (at least at the DIII/DII level) you can just shift from one primary offense to another as your recruits mature, i.e., recruit 2 TEs one cycle, 3 RBs one cycle, 3 WRs one cycle, then as they get ripe, run the box as a primary when your TEs are SRs, run WB as primary when your RBs are ripe, and run trips/shotgun when your WRs and/or QBs are ready.
Generally, the only drawback to running a position specific offense is that you can't always find prime TEs exactly when you need them. I try to use either PS or the I for a primary, and add in more box, bone, trips or SG depending on my experience and depth.
You can't really do this at DIAA/DIA (or at least I haven't), because you need more formation practice, so changing your offensive system on a seasonal basis means you can't be as efficient with your practice time.

7/28/2013 2:03 PM
pork, bisoneer has had quite a bit of success. Sitemail him.
7/28/2013 3:38 PM
Posted by tribewriter on 7/28/2013 3:38:00 PM (view original):
pork, bisoneer has had quite a bit of success. Sitemail him.
Thanks tribe.  I lost to Cheney this afternoon but it just.......wasnt the same.  lol.  Hope all is going well in Duquense.  
7/28/2013 10:38 PM
You can check with bce98a at Rockne DII Trinity. He's doing a pretty good job of kicking my *** with the ND box...
7/30/2013 1:36 PM
Notre Dame offense Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.