Take a peek at my team real quick? Topic

Hey - I normally don't post asking for advice, but I was hoping some folks might offer some insight..

My D1AA Southern University team is loaded with Senior WRs, but my RB is also a 5th year senior an not a bad back for D1AA.  I run both the I and Trips formations.  What would be your recommended gameplan - pass vs run?  I'm normally pretty balanced, but the receiving corps will only be this good once every 4 years.  Love to get any input.  Thanks!

http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/TeamProfile/PlayerRatings.aspx?tid=51338

8/23/2013 2:24 PM
keep running the I/Trips --- mix up pass / run (passing out of the I on random downs/distance / running out of trips on random downs/distance) -- using both effectively is beneficial with the group you have --- I would even add in a 3rd formation in the mix (Pro Set?) and use this as your Balanced/Balanced set equal chance of pass/run and aggressivness.

8/23/2013 3:30 PM
Glaity- I looked at your coaching record right away as soon as I saw this, and you have my attention!  Hand't thought about doing a 3rd formation....  That's a great idea!!  
8/23/2013 6:21 PM
Yeah Glaity is a good coach. And nice guy.
8/23/2013 9:22 PM
Looks like he has two ids as well.
8/27/2013 6:28 AM
jc, I'd seriously consider red-shirting at least one of your senior WRs. You've got FIVE quality receivers. You can't possibly get them all on the field. RS one or two, and redistribute your WRs over two classes instead of one. They'll lose WE big time, but they've pretty much reached their peak, anyway. Worst case is they quit after the season, but it's a small chance, and if you don't RS them they're gone next season anyway.
8/27/2013 12:23 PM
wow lots of quality options with your personnel.  you can pound it out with that running back or you can air it out completely.  i might even use that versatility to your advantage...play one style until you face an opponent that you KNOW game plans.  make the ole switcharoo in the 1st half and then switcharoo back in the 2nd half.  might beat em in the gameplan both ways.  example - all pass first half all run second half.
8/27/2013 2:59 PM
Posted by scrodz on 8/27/2013 12:23:00 PM (view original):
jc, I'd seriously consider red-shirting at least one of your senior WRs. You've got FIVE quality receivers. You can't possibly get them all on the field. RS one or two, and redistribute your WRs over two classes instead of one. They'll lose WE big time, but they've pretty much reached their peak, anyway. Worst case is they quit after the season, but it's a small chance, and if you don't RS them they're gone next season anyway.
That is a GREAT idea Scrodz! I was worried about this and I drafted 4 more. Ha!
8/29/2013 3:44 PM
Posted by hcazualcc on 8/27/2013 2:59:00 PM (view original):
wow lots of quality options with your personnel.  you can pound it out with that running back or you can air it out completely.  i might even use that versatility to your advantage...play one style until you face an opponent that you KNOW game plans.  make the ole switcharoo in the 1st half and then switcharoo back in the 2nd half.  might beat em in the gameplan both ways.  example - all pass first half all run second half.
Like this idea. Good call..
8/29/2013 3:45 PM
Scrodz - wanted to thank you again for the advice about RSing the Sr. WRs.  I hit 2 of them with a RS and they both decided to stick around for their 5th year.  Yeah, they both shedded a bunch of WE, but they were both SRs anyways, and actually gained a few points during their RS Sr season.

What was going to be a weakness on this team this year has become a strength.  Good idea.
9/26/2013 3:55 PM
Take a peek at my team real quick? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.