Resting starters in the 2nd half Topic

Do you guys believe there is an advantage to resting starters in the 2nd half of blowouts? Obviously you better your chances that a starter will not get injured in the 2nd half of a game that they need not be playing in anyhow...but will the work ethic of the backups increase an extra point or two over the course of the season if they get some extra playing time in a few games? Or is "starts" pretty much the exclusive factor in raising worth ethic?
8/27/2013 10:02 AM
not much value when you consider the chance you end up losing.  in most cases it should be clear if you can start a backup (1st half) or not and still win.
8/27/2013 2:56 PM
Extra playing time will impact your frosh/sophmores. Just be careful because if it is not a true blowout you also increase your chances for a second half collapse. Nowadays games are not over until they are over........ 
8/29/2013 10:03 AM
Posted by shonuff504 on 8/29/2013 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Extra playing time will impact your frosh/sophmores. Just be careful because if it is not a true blowout you also increase your chances for a second half collapse. Nowadays games are not over until they are over........ 
This
8/29/2013 5:59 PM
Seems like a lot of extra work for not much return. I'd be afraid I'd forget to put my starters back in for the next game...
9/6/2013 9:19 AM
Posted by andrew5975 on 8/27/2013 10:02:00 AM (view original):
Do you guys believe there is an advantage to resting starters in the 2nd half of blowouts? Obviously you better your chances that a starter will not get injured in the 2nd half of a game that they need not be playing in anyhow...but will the work ethic of the backups increase an extra point or two over the course of the season if they get some extra playing time in a few games? Or is "starts" pretty much the exclusive factor in raising worth ethic?
IMO, it's worth it. Go for it.
9/7/2013 8:43 AM
I used to do this in the old, better version.  I had a formation with my starters listed last and used it primarily in a gameplan only used when the score was a blowout.   If the other team caught up, it would revert back to the original gameplan.
9/7/2013 11:32 AM
Resting starters in the 2nd half Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.