Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Posted by Arfy on 12/2/2013 8:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 12/2/2013 8:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 12/2/2013 7:29:00 PM (view original):

So I never talked to Redraider the entire game, and I don't see from my perspective, how he did anything to get my vote for a win.  So my questioning will be for Dubs.   The answer I receive will probably either win or lose my vote, depending on the answer I receive.   I aligned myself with Horvie and Polabonez(just like you had figured).  I was shocked when I found out that you were blindsiding Horvie.  when supposively we were working together.  I specifically remember getting a speech from you one of the previous Survivor games about how you play honestly.   First off, who's idea was it to get rid of Horvie?  And wouldn't  you say that you were backstabbing Horvie to further yourself  and your allies in the game?
It was certainly my idea. My alliance was with pola, tsut and mb coming in. Horvie came to me with the five person deal at the start of Autobots. I only had four without you and horvie, but I had reservations about being blindsided by horvie in bigbrother. Tyson assured me that you were both playing straight up, yet my primary concern was making sure that the four of us were safe, which meant brokering the deal with horvie, but I always intended to get to 7 and vote out horvie. I wanted to keep mb safe, and I honestly didn't completely trust horvie after last game.

As I said in my opening salvo, I will do anything to protect my main alliance, that included mb.

So you are saying that you stabbed Horvie in the back, is that correct?  (I'm just looking for a yes or no, not an explanation)
Certainly.
12/2/2013 8:44 PM
Thank you for answering honestly Dubs.  Go hawks! 
12/2/2013 8:46 PM
We will continue Q & A until tomorrow afternoon and I'll take votes tomorrow night and depending on when I get the votes I'll post the results either tomorrow night or Thursday. 

12/2/2013 9:31 PM
So my question is for dubs and red - same question - Of the two of you who do you think mislead me the most to secure the 6-4 vote when I was voted off? - and why if you knew you had a 6-4 vote wrapped up why did you try so hard to deceive me?
12/2/2013 10:54 PM
"This is the turning point in the game for me. caesari approached me, and I offered to make an alliance with him, stronger than what he had been offered to that point. The only problem, his biggest target was tsut. He also wanted to protect katz. So, I made a deal that as long as I could protect redraider (not wanting him to know that I was more aligned with tsut and stalagna than redraider), the we could work it that the final 4 Heroes left would be me, redraider, katz and caesari.

The deal was that we would vote onside, shlog and mb out and then tsut and stalagna. Of course, since redraider was 100 percent with me on this move, we would have never had to vote against stalagna and tsut. This is the point where redraider became one of my primary five at the expense of ahrens probably if I had ever been in a tribe with ahrens, because this is the type of trust that you build in game."

Caesari approached you?  That's lame.  We were going to take out tsut with the first vote, and would have protected katz if he had just said something.  I hope whatever "stronger alliance" you offered him over us in the end was worth it!  Oh... wait...

12/2/2013 11:06 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 12/2/2013 10:54:00 PM (view original):
So my question is for dubs and red - same question - Of the two of you who do you think mislead me the most to secure the 6-4 vote when I was voted off? - and why if you knew you had a 6-4 vote wrapped up why did you try so hard to deceive me?
The answer is me. Red didn't even know about it. He voted with you.

The deception was for two reasons:

1) I knew you were looking for a sixth, and I had just starting working with hookem since we had his sitemail wrong. My concern was that if you went to him instead of me, then he might go with you guys.

2) The impossible to find idol that everyone thought was in Above the Rim. I knew that Tyson had the other two in play, but I had no idea if anyone had a different one. If we could direct your vote, we could use Tyson's idol if we needed to, and in case you had the last one, I wanted you to not play it, so I wanted to make sure you felt safe.
12/2/2013 11:10 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 12/2/2013 11:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by katzphang88 on 12/2/2013 10:54:00 PM (view original):
The answer is me. Red didn't even know about it. He voted with you.

The deception was for two reasons:

1) I knew you were looking for a sixth, and I had just starting working with hookem since we had his sitemail wrong. My concern was that if you went to him instead of me, then he might go with you guys.

2) The impossible to find idol that everyone thought was in Above the Rim. I knew that Tyson had the other two in play, but I had no idea if anyone had a different one. If we could direct your vote, we could use Tyson's idol if we needed to, and in case you had the last one, I wanted you to not play it, so I wanted to make sure you felt safe.
katz,

I was just as surprised at your elimination as you were. The plan was to turn on you guys later. Per your and goat's instructions, my vote was for pola that vote.
12/2/2013 11:36 PM
I actually have no questions that need answered.

But because I don't necessarily think the right questions are being asked, I'll throw one out there to each of you.

First: dubs. Two part question.

Do you admit that you were behind every member of this jury's exit in this game with the exception of thebish and tsut?

Second part because I already know the answer.

How do you expect these jury members to vote FOR you when you are the primary reason that they are not where you are?

And to red:

You explained how you got to this point in the game, but everyone already knows that. Why do you DESERVE to beat dubs in this finale and have your name on the illustrious GD Survivor wall?
12/3/2013 10:01 AM
Posted by polabonez on 12/3/2013 10:02:00 AM (view original):

But because I don't necessarily think the right questions are being asked, I'll throw one out there to each of you.

Do you admit that you were behind every member of this jury's exit in this game with the exception of thebish and tsut?

How do you expect these jury members to vote FOR you when you are the primary reason that they are not where you are?

And to red:

You explained how you got to this point in the game, but everyone already knows that. Why do you DESERVE to beat dubs in this finale and have your name on the illustrious GD Survivor wall?
Part 1: Yes
Part 2: I can only expect the people to vote for me that appreciated the way I manipulated the game. If the judgement of your vote is on whether or not the person deliberately eliminated me, then I don't think I can get any of those votes. If it is on whether I deliberately misled someone into feeling safe, then katz and Arfy definitely can't vote for me.

On a side note, Tyson, you know that my philosophy has always been to play hard and try to assure that someone in my main alliance wins, because I don't feel you can get to the end without upsetting the jury. Each jury is different, and what they value over who played a good game is different.

I outlined my web of alliances. It's my feeling that if you have less than that number of alliances, you have to rely on luck to get this far. That said, if you have that many, and you are deliberately letting many of them believe that they are further up your web of alliances than they are in your head, you have to be making enemies as well.

12/3/2013 11:09 AM
Posted by polabonez on 12/3/2013 10:02:00 AM (view original):

And to red:

My strategy was about loyalty to a few people and not about making big moves. Dubs' strategey was about keeping multiple alliances happy to protect himself (not that there is anything wrong with this). Like Dubs stated before, it's hard to speculate what the jury will value. 

I played the game I wanted to. I'll let the jury decide if I deserve to win. 
12/3/2013 12:10 PM
Nub question... does the jury vote who they want to win or who they want to eliminate... sorry if I misses it somewhere
12/3/2013 2:20 PM
You are voting for a winner. Jeff Probst still makes a big deal about this each time on the real show, so I don't think you have to be ashamed to not know that the first time out.
12/3/2013 2:39 PM
Just a heads up. My bar trivia league meets tonight so I will be offline the rest of the evening. Any questions posted tonight I will answer in the morning.
12/3/2013 5:36 PM
My question is rather simple- maybe tough to answer, but fairly simple.
I want each of you to answer why the other does NOT deserve to be the Sole Survivor.
That's it.
12/3/2013 6:27 PM
Posted by stalagna on 12/3/2013 6:27:00 PM (view original):
My question is rather simple- maybe tough to answer, but fairly simple.
I want each of you to answer why the other does NOT deserve to be the Sole Survivor.
That's it.
I don't think red did enough to win the title comparatively. I definitely think I would not have made it this far without him, but I would argue that I had a lot more to do with us getting here than he did.

Won't be upset if he wins, but I think I did more to get us here.

12/3/2013 8:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...80|81|82|83|84...87 Next ▸
Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.