How to Defend a conserv trips offense? Topic

would i use a conserv nickle or aggressive nickle or dime defense to defend a conserv trips offense?
9/14/2013 12:55 PM
BAL.
9/14/2013 3:11 PM
If you have the speed to do it...you may also consider playing balanced or run instead of pass, heavy pass, or always pass.
9/14/2013 8:17 PM
Depends on how your D matches up with his O.
9/15/2013 3:47 PM
Honestly, I think it is sacrilege to say it, but I believe we all are guilty at times of our thinking out defensive game planning. Talent is more important than anything else. After that, I think there is more to lose by overthinking the game planning and getting guys out of position than there is to gain by finding that piece of genius insight.
9/16/2013 4:14 PM
Posted by helgi on 9/16/2013 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Honestly, I think it is sacrilege to say it, but I believe we all are guilty at times of our thinking out defensive game planning. Talent is more important than anything else. After that, I think there is more to lose by overthinking the game planning and getting guys out of position than there is to gain by finding that piece of genius insight.
I believe mr helgi has proved his point here....as the new NC in Wilkinson D3!!
9/19/2013 9:23 PM
I like to get aggressive since my DB's are generally better than most WR's
9/20/2013 1:08 AM
Another point/question:  how do you know its "conservative"?  Just because most of the passes are short in the PBP does not necessarily mean its conservative.  It may mean that your DBs are just cutting off the deep stuff.

This is in favor of mr Helgi's post above.
9/20/2013 9:41 AM
I'm not advocating doing no gameplanning, to be clear. I went through every play of every game of mnmyers's St. O's season in planning for that NC game. So, it may be a question of defensive philosophy as much as anything else.

From an offensive standpoint, I can manipulate the variables easily enough to show a wide variety of looks, both in terms of run-pass tendencies and aggressiveness. So, you can't really know which situations I'm going to be aggressive in and which I'm going to be conservative in. I may, in fact, include both in the same down and distance. If you commit too heavily on defense in one direction or another, my guys will eventually stumble upon the mismatch and I'll profit from it. In that same regard on defense, unless I can overwhelm you based on a talent mismatch, I prefer to force you to earn everything you get rather than over-committing and getting caught with my pants down.

9/20/2013 12:00 PM
forget personnel...trips conservative offense is best matched with nickel aggressive defense.  if your opponent always passes, then make it always pass defense.  vice versa for run.
9/24/2013 10:31 AM
Posted by hcazualcc on 9/24/2013 10:31:00 AM (view original):
forget personnel...trips conservative offense is best matched with nickel aggressive defense.  if your opponent always passes, then make it always pass defense.  vice versa for run.
I do disagree with the second half of this comment.  Perhaps the combination of Aggressive/Always Pass might work, but in my experience the "Always Pass" defensive setting is an invitation to give up 500+ yds passing to a TALENTED opponent.  My belief is that you can play balanced or even Run, IF IF IF, you have speed at DB.
9/24/2013 8:08 PM
... speed  and high GI among the DBs
9/24/2013 9:54 PM
How to Defend a conserv trips offense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.