GD 3.0 and GUESS 3.0 Topic

Posted by bhazlewood on 10/15/2013 5:37:00 PM (view original):
I was almost tempted to change the ratings formula just because of that, sjurat.  ;)
I would.
10/15/2013 8:21 PM
Bob, thanks for your work....and so Bob doesn't have to say it, you can always show your appreciation by your donation 
10/16/2013 1:10 PM
I see where they are now breaking down Offensive Linemen into two groups of tackles and guard\centers. Do you what the differences will be? Is strength, blocking, athleticism going to be valued differently for each of the two new groups? Thanks for all that you do. A second question--I donated on the yatzr GD page. Do you get donations separately on your GUESS report page on GD? When I donated on the yatzr GD page--did you get some of that?
10/16/2013 3:44 PM
To answer your questions in reverse - donations to yatzr go to him, donations to the GUESS reports go to me.   If you visit any world's home page (ex: rockne.gdreports.com) you'll see a button for donations to the GUESS reports.

Based on my question to oriole in the dev chat - it appears to me that the Tackle and Guard / Center designations don't really have much impact on the way the OL wokrs.  It's really just another way to set your depth charts.  Honestly, I am probably going to ignore those designations and instead go for Run Blocking and Pass Blocking ratings.

10/16/2013 6:47 PM
Thanks for the donation clarification bhazlewood. Sent you some at 7:45 est. Jim S.
10/16/2013 7:47 PM
Are the default percentages under the positional role application even close to what the new guess ratings will be?  Hayes recruiting starts Saturday and trying to figure out whether to focus on old guess ratings or the default positional ratings.  Anybody have any insights?
10/16/2013 8:54 PM

I'm hoping to publish preliminary ratings formulas by this weekend.  I'm pretty comfortable with what I've got now, but want to give it another couple of brush overs just to be sure.

Of course, it's really all a GUESS anyway.

10/16/2013 9:17 PM
Ahhh. I see what you did there....
10/16/2013 9:57 PM
bhaz-

We talked awhile back where I suggested rating TE's as Receiving TE's and Blocking TE's. Is this still a possibility?
10/16/2013 10:49 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/16/2013 9:17:00 PM (view original):

I'm hoping to publish preliminary ratings formulas by this weekend.  I'm pretty comfortable with what I've got now, but want to give it another couple of brush overs just to be sure.

Of course, it's really all a GUESS anyway.

Puns make me happy.

Hats off to you, sir, for making this change to 3.0 all worthwhile here in one post 
10/16/2013 11:11 PM
Posted by bulldogg431 on 10/16/2013 10:49:00 PM (view original):
bhaz-

We talked awhile back where I suggested rating TE's as Receiving TE's and Blocking TE's. Is this still a possibility?
Those are actually the "position roles" for TE in 3.0, so yes, there will be separate ratings for TE Block and TE Receiver.

Here's how they will break down- 
QB PASS
QB RUN

RB
FB
RB SPD
RB STR
RB POSS

WR
WR SPD
WR POSS

TE
TE BLOCK
TE PASS

OL
OL R BLK
OL P BLK

DL
DE
DT

LB
OLB
ILB

DB
S
CB

10/17/2013 12:14 AM
I am digging this Bob! Hey did you get the new Arizona State helmet graphic I sent you a few months ago? :)
10/17/2013 1:05 AM
◂ Prev 12
GD 3.0 and GUESS 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.