Recruiting vision and who you can sign Topic

I'm in my second year.  I've heard some about a team's vision.  What does that mean in terms of who I can sign and how do I know?  My next question is, at DIII, can I sign everyone that shows up in the DIII search?  If not then how do I know I can't sign them and if so, what is the trick to doing it.  In Hoops Dynasty you can even bring down recruits from a higher level with 10-15 evals.  I'm having trouble getting guys who are showing up at the same level as I am interested.  The tutorial I read said to keep giving AC Scouts until they turn green, but I have given 7 to some of these guys and none have changed from undecided.  Is it just a matter of more visits or is it futile for some recruits even though they show up in the DIII search?  One more point is I am using Yazr's recruiting tool and they all showed up on that list as well so I thought they were in my vision. 
10/15/2013 12:15 PM
'Vision' is the players that you are able to recruit from your division (or lower, if you're in DII or D1AA).  If, after the season rolls over, you can see a recruit in your DIII search, you have the ability to sign him.

10/15/2013 1:02 PM
As long as they show up on your DIII search, you can sign them.

Most undecided recruits will "consider you" with 2 AC + HC scouting trips.

10/15/2013 4:05 PM

I have four players let with between $2K and $4K into their recruiting.  They are all over a 1000 miles which means I've done 3-4 AC visits and possibly 1 HC visit.  I offered a SO start to two of them and all of them are undecided.  I'm running out of dough.  Anything I can do to persuade them quickly?  I don't want to give a FR start, but if it will get them then I will do it.  

10/16/2013 12:35 PM
Posted by johnmacdan on 10/16/2013 12:35:00 PM (view original):

I have four players let with between $2K and $4K into their recruiting.  They are all over a 1000 miles which means I've done 3-4 AC visits and possibly 1 HC visit.  I offered a SO start to two of them and all of them are undecided.  I'm running out of dough.  Anything I can do to persuade them quickly?  I don't want to give a FR start, but if it will get them then I will do it.  

If they've accepted the SO start, you can't offer them a FR start.

AC/HC visits or AC/HC scouts?  All recruits, even those out of your vision, will accept a scouting visit.  Make sure these recruits are actually in your vision (if you added them to your watch list before the season rolled over, they could no longer be in your vision).

If they are in your vision, no one else pursues them, and it's a day or two before recruiting ends, just sit tight; more than likely, they'll consider only you and you can sign them.

10/16/2013 3:44 PM
Posted by johnmacdan on 10/16/2013 12:35:00 PM (view original):

Sad to say, but if you're recruiting guys 1000 miles away at DIII, you're gonna run out of cash in a hurry.
10/16/2013 10:15 PM
Recruiting vision and who you can sign Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.