Should I stay or should I go (up)? Topic

OK, I'm torn. This is my 2nd season in GD - 1st in Yost. I took Wisconsin -Stevens Point, which has had much success over the past few seasons. I had a very good recruiting season (#3 GUESS). I started out slow in the early season, but ended up going 10-3 in the regular season, losing in the conference championship game, but am now in the National Semi-Finals. So my record is 13-4 right now. My team's success has a lot to do with my Senoir QB (below). But my team really picked it up when I put the peddle to the metal on the passing game. And he will be gone. I have some very good running backs coming back.

Anyway, will 13 wins get me qualified to take a top available DII team next season? Or should I stay with a proven winner in DIII and gain more experience, while racking up credits? And how many points does a team get for getting this far? I do have another team in Stagg, where I did move up from DIII to a losing DII team that past rollover. So I have that team to try to advance to eventual D1A. I guess I'm just deliberating out loud, but if anyone has any insights, please....

Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Player Profile: David Rucker 
10/17/2013 8:01 PM
A top one? Not likely, a solid one though is probable. Normally you need a conference title to get a top tier team at the next level(especially after one season.) 
But it's entirely possible that someone will leave a really good team and most will be either moving up or comfortable with their team and leave it open for you to swoop in and land.
10/17/2013 8:50 PM
I'd recommend staying another year or two, just get a couple more of your own classes in and see how you do. Take your time, enjoy the ride. 3-4 seasons from now you may be ready to move up, and by that time you'll be able to snag any job, or you may just get too attached to this team and stick with them for awhile longer.
10/17/2013 9:08 PM
I agree with caesari.  Don't rush to move up.  Build a team in D3 and learn the game (which will especially be true with the upcoming 3.0 release).  I definitely understand the desire to move up, but I think there is great learning staying in D3 and building your own team and watching them grow.
10/17/2013 10:29 PM
I agree with caesari.
10/18/2013 8:11 AM
Thanks, everyone. Yeah, I think I'm going to stay here at least one more season. UPDATE: 14 wins now. Just one more game to go....
10/18/2013 2:35 PM
You shouldn't be in the finals....wis is cheating for new guys again your team got thumped by mine early on...
10/18/2013 8:48 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 10/18/2013 8:48:00 PM (view original):
You shouldn't be in the finals....wis is cheating for new guys again your team got thumped by mine early on...
Dude? For real? The guy is new, let him enjoy his success and don't be a jerk about it...
10/18/2013 9:10 PM
Heh. Oh, yeah. You kicked my a*s. Can't explain being in the finals. But I'll take it. And I think we play each other again next season. See you then. :)

Oh, btw. Now I'm staying, for sure.
10/18/2013 11:30 PM (edited)
I doubt that. Not really a new coach bump in the game code.
10/19/2013 12:52 AM
Bj good luck to you I'm just ****** the highest rated team per guess ratings (my team) lost 73-27 to a team rated 40 overall points less when I had a better team position for position...
10/19/2013 10:05 AM
10/19/2013 2:34 PM
I decided to move up. So there is a very good Wisconsin Stevens Point team available in Yost DIII.
10/20/2013 9:44 AM (edited)

This guy is the reason I moved up. Makes the game no fun when you have people like this playing. You have an outstanding team and no one is saying you dont. But when you run a team that passes the ball like that your bound for a WTF game every now and then.

10/20/2013 8:12 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 10/19/2013 10:05:00 AM (view original):
Bj good luck to you I'm just ****** the highest rated team per guess ratings (my team) lost 73-27 to a team rated 40 overall points less when I had a better team position for position...
and just checked New Jersey was the highest rated team this season by the guess ratings
10/20/2013 8:19 PM
12 Next ▸
Should I stay or should I go (up)? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.