I don't feel they should change anything in recruiting, but the logic of the messages. If you are leading in a battle, you should get positive comments right. Then tell me how I can get positive comments for 8-10 cycles and then they sign with my competitor. Don't tell me they just threw a bunch of cash at him because it was the next to last day of recruiting and that would make no sense. I would like to know if I'm leading rather than throw more cash at them. I could go after another possibly or go to a backup if I had one. It seems we only truly know at signing and possibly later on. JMO
10/18/2013 8:32 PM
If I get what you're saying it shouldn't happen and needs to be changed. If at 8:06 the recruits favoring your offer and then at 11:06, the next cycle, the recruit has accepted the other teams offer and you do still have money to spend, this shouldn't be happening. And I've seen it happen a lot as of late. Guys like to say that there is nothing wrong with recruiting. This is broken imo.
10/18/2013 8:38 PM
They should at least only consider the other team one cycle before signing. With the exception of the last couple cycles

10/18/2013 8:46 PM
Posted by jibe on 10/18/2013 8:38:00 PM (view original):
If I get what you're saying it shouldn't happen and needs to be changed. If at 8:06 the recruits favoring your offer and then at 11:06, the next cycle, the recruit has accepted the other teams offer and you do still have money to spend, this shouldn't be happening. And I've seen it happen a lot as of late. Guys like to say that there is nothing wrong with recruiting. This is broken imo.
It wasn't exactly like that. I was leading after signing, but fell behind later. I felt I had regained the lead by the comments I was getting.It was over several cycles, but all the comments were positive. They were like just say the word am I'm there, I almost passed out, and this sounds like the perfect fit for me. I've seen negative comments before like I know your busy or I bet it looks great in person, so I know the difference. If I had received those comments after a couple cycles I might have gone a different route.
10/18/2013 9:26 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 10/18/2013 9:26:00 PM (view original):
It wasn't exactly like that. I was leading after signing, but fell behind later. I felt I had regained the lead by the comments I was getting.It was over several cycles, but all the comments were positive. They were like just say the word am I'm there, I almost passed out, and this sounds like the perfect fit for me. I've seen negative comments before like I know your busy or I bet it looks great in person, so I know the difference. If I had received those comments after a couple cycles I might have gone a different route.

Those comments mean nothing... the only messages that you need to look for after signings start are the ones that basically say that they're leaning towards you over another school. It's usually title "About your offer"

10/18/2013 10:14 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 10/18/2013 9:26:00 PM (view original):
If it doesn't say "About your offer." "Undecided" or "School's name offer." Then it means nothing. 
10/19/2013 12:57 AM
Well then why have the misleading comments then. How do you know if your effort is even worth it.
10/19/2013 1:04 AM
I'm pretty new here in GD, but yeah, that happens a lot in HBD, too, when going after International Free Agents. You can be leading for many cycles, then at the end someone else trumps the offer and grabs him away. Sucks. No warning. 
10/19/2013 1:43 AM
That is a little different. In HBD it's just whomever puts out the most cash. In GD you have distance away from recruit, number of scholarships, and in D1A prestige to factor in. It is not always who throws the most cash at them.
10/19/2013 3:34 AM
I think recruiting is pretty good,but I think there should be more in the message after each cycle so you can have an idea where you are,if your leading,behind or in a dsog fight,I had a recuit last cyle which I knocked another school off 4 times and was leading after signing cycle and still dropped 3 more campus visits ,and got a message the very next cycle I think im better off somewhere else,now how does that happen I thought I was way out in front
10/19/2013 9:03 AM
It happens because someone threw a limo of hookers and booze at 'your recruit'.  Until they sign, all's fair in love and recruiting.  Some coaches are sly about that.  Some like to send a message ... like sniff around my recruit, I'll keep him and take the best of yours. 

10/19/2013 9:22 AM
I think the recruit was dismayed by your use of a run-on sentence.
10/19/2013 9:33 AM
That was a good observation bhazlewood you are hilarious.I wish it was really that funny so I could laugh at your statement,this is a forum not an English class,I have no problem losing recruit that is fine.If I am leading the cycle after signing and still dropping campus visits and have knock off that school 4 times how does he turn in 1 cycle that should never happen
10/19/2013 9:44 AM
What if they dropped 8-10 campus visits?  Easy to do if they have more cash stacked.  It's a dog eat dog world in recruiting.  Plans should always have contingencies.  For instance, I was battling with MSM for the top rated FB.  I expected if he had cash to burn, that I would lose out.  I didn't, but went ahead and got a great backup plan so I wouldn't have to get ****** off and vent on the forums.

However, I also used my extra cash to poach a recruit from an adjacent conference after he was sniffing around my green player we battled for earlier.  I don't blame him for trying, but now he might think twice about messing with guys planning on coming to my school.  Otherwise, he may decide to give my recruiting class a nice bloody nose next cycle. 

That is half the fun of the game.  Heck I had a good friend of mine get ****** off about Darryl Neal getting 'poached' from him 10 seasons ago.  That was the funniest gmail chat exchange ever.

If recruiting is supposed to be find them, spend 2k to get an undecided or 6k (at DII) to poach from a Sim, that would make this game a lot more boring.  I bet a full world would be even more sketchy with poaching, sniffing around and being a snake in the grass.

10/19/2013 1:04 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/19/2013 9:33:00 AM (view original):
I think the recruit was dismayed by your use of a run-on sentence.
Perhaps we should add a "Grammar 101" section to GD's Guide to the Game
10/19/2013 2:33 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.