scholarships for 3.0 Topic

Is there any more talk about possibly getting more scholarships in 3.0. With the position roles, it would be nice to have 2-5 more. You could have extra OL to specialize run or pass. You could also have extra RB that specialize outside run or inside. I know some could be used for both, but just a thought.
10/20/2013 1:42 AM
Very much in favor of this.  I believe FBS programs are allowed 85 scholarships on its roster at any given time, and generally can sign up to 25 players per year....  IRL, it is less for other divisions, but the point is that with the ease of generating recruits, there isn't any reason not to have some greater flexibility.  Could also add an element of skill in balancing playing time between grumpy seniors and hungry freshmen...
10/20/2013 2:51 AM
Posted by dream76 on 10/20/2013 2:51:00 AM (view original):
Very much in favor of this.  I believe FBS programs are allowed 85 scholarships on its roster at any given time, and generally can sign up to 25 players per year....  IRL, it is less for other divisions, but the point is that with the ease of generating recruits, there isn't any reason not to have some greater flexibility.  Could also add an element of skill in balancing playing time between grumpy seniors and hungry freshmen...
You can still do this with 50 players. To expand to more, the game would radically have to realistically account for what those grumpy seniors would do (quit mid season?) If we had 85 players I would say we should also add: many more season ending or multiple game injuries; players bounced for bad grades, legal infractions, team violations; players leaving for the season or for good due to family problems, homesickness, girlfriend problems etc., plus the above indicated players wanting to transfer as a So, Jr,. Those are the reasons many of those schools carry so many many as attrition in a program eats up many recruits. We don't have that problem now with 50, so unles you want much more player management issues I say keep it at 50.

Plus the major reason is - if you can't out recruit other coaches with a roster of 50 - you still won't be able to out recruit with 85. I would like to see how D1A and D1AA players match up if 120 x 35 = 4200 extra players are added to D1A rosters. ( and no you can't add extra-recruits - FBS programs don't get to magically add 4200 extra D1A level players). D1AA GD players would be rated at about 500.
10/20/2013 11:57 AM
It has nothing to do with recruiting skill; it has to do with roster flexibility, and yes of course some elements of the game would change.  Perhaps I expect too much from programmers who can't figure out how who is starting on the team though. 
10/20/2013 1:43 PM
scholarships for 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.