Since the Starter check box does not appear under settings, do I assume that the top player on the depth chart "automatically" becomes the starter, or will you be adding that back to settings oriole_fan?
10/23/2013 5:08 PM
Posted by wvufan76 on 10/23/2013 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Since the Starter check box does not appear under settings, do I assume that the top player on the depth chart "automatically" becomes the starter, or will you be adding that back to settings oriole_fan?
Starters are the players who are in the most plays for the formation that was used the most in the first half.
10/23/2013 5:52 PM
In Beta Worlds there was a check box...............I just thought I would ask if he planned to have that feature in the GD playing realm as well.
10/24/2013 7:34 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 10/23/2013 5:52:00 PM (view original):
Starters are the players who are in the most plays for the formation that was used the most in the first half.
Hmmmm, then should we forget about "starters" and simply focus on "playing time" when recruiting?  Unless of course the player only gets credit for "starting" if he is on the field the first play (O or D) AND plays the most plays.  Just throwing it out there.....
10/24/2013 8:05 AM
Posted by majique on 10/24/2013 8:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mgm0461 on 10/23/2013 5:52:00 PM (view original):
Hmmmm, then should we forget about "starters" and simply focus on "playing time" when recruiting?  Unless of course the player only gets credit for "starting" if he is on the field the first play (O or D) AND plays the most plays.  Just throwing it out there.....
If I remember correctly, we will no longer be able to offer FR or SO starts when recruiting.
10/24/2013 8:24 AM
There was some discussion about removing Promised Starts but I don't know that anything was ever announced, IIRC.
10/24/2013 8:38 AM
Promised starts have not been removed.  It's something we plan on reviewing though as we'd like to move more towards a playing time based system for promises and player improvement.   Starters are just kind of a title in football - playing time is the bigger factor.
10/24/2013 12:33 PM
So, how do we ensure a player will get his "starts" in this system?  I offer a lot of promised starts so I just would like to understand how to make that happen...without having to guess.  
10/24/2013 6:33 PM
Paying attention to your depth charts (position roles are really nothing more than extra depth charts) and the way they are used in your playbooks, assuming you activate the advanced settings.  Otherwise your basic depth chart and the formations you use in your playbooks will be the determining factor.
10/24/2013 8:43 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.