I guess it is time to bring this back up -

This is a list of problems to be worked on still in the beta before release. Tagged here to keep alive if beta forum is removed. Have at it folks. BUT PLEASE use another thread to bicker and whine - keep this for relevant comments!

So we will again start the problem list. Please investigate the points below and give feedback on how they are or are not corrected. Keep bickering and bantering to a minimum - we only have a short time left.

Updated 11-15

No one missing extra points - 11/9
No INT returned for TD's
Starters not  getting credit for starts - We'll see - new system
Wrong players blitzing (thanks deen) - Don't know about this but blitzers seem to disappear from the play - Actually saw a blitzer make a play - I'll keep my eye on this (11-7)
Large (>10%) offensive line advantages not providing enough effect for run ave or pass blocking results (sacks) - I definately still see this
Phantom field goal after game over on box score - Phantom scores reported - 11/9
Not able to have more control over defensive settings (% choice - but end result is either all pass or all run) We want choice!
Correctly guessing run/pass has far too much importance on play results. Still believe this is true
Stamina/fatigue needs review - not enough impact as yet between high and low stamina players. Still not the best (11/12)
DB all over the field and covering everyone - Still seeing this (11/7)
Too many
plays being run - Has been toned down, but still may be too many
Some short and behind LOS pass completions taking only 10 seconds (non-1st down) Still see this
Mysterious Tackler involved in plays - Still seeing the dreaded Tackler Not just on TD's today (11/9)
WR getting minus YAC when pass completed - Still see this (11/7)
Points scored can still be too high Getting more in line with ratings differences between teams.(11/7)
Pass defended stats too low
Fumbles too low
Have not evaluated penalties - Seems to need some review of logic - need to check on some penalties not being called from finish of play (11/9)
Have not evaluated injuries
Penalties without a play - facemask example
QB passing ability goes up with Division but DB ability doesn't keep up
Some plays missing final yardage result (11/5)
Time-out logic - inconsistent? (11/6)
Penalties against defense negate TD on offense?
DB knocks down pass or WR drops pass and then it is intercepted - I'm back! (11-7)
Flaws in time-out logic - (11-15)
11/15/2013 7:30 PM (edited)
Seems like you overlooked the FB not catching passes has been fixed. 

I saw a 20 yard penalty for a facemask, and a 9 yard penalty for defensive pass interference. Both of these penalties are 15 yards in college. 
10/27/2013 12:18 PM
In this series, I got a touchdown on a play, but the AI took the points off the board to accept the penalty.  No bueno.

10:59 5 1st & 5

OFF: I-Formation DEF: 4-3
Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Medium. Anthony Walter takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense has heavy pressure on Walter. Walter rolls out of the pocket. Phillips makes the catch in the end zone. 5 yards on the play. PENALTY on CU, DefensivePersonalFoul, 2 yards, enforced at CU 3.
7 0
10:53 3 1st & 3

OFF: I-Formation DEF: 4-3
Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Medium. Anthony Walter takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense has heavy pressure on Walter. Walter rolls out of the pocket. Walter can't get the pass off to Phillips (Harrison,Rivera) in the end zone (Medium). Walter throws to Jackson (Harrison) behind the line of scrimmage (very short). Jackson makes the catch. Jackson is tackled by Gilbert at the CU 1 . 2 yards on the play.
10/27/2013 1:12 PM
Another thing I saw, and I'll try to find it to show it here, is an instance where it was not 1st and goal, but the down and distance was 1st & 2 yards to go. Pretty sure thats not possible. 
10/27/2013 1:14 PM
Thanks for this, so glad I saw this before I paid for more seasons.  Will let this one play out and then make a decision, but it is not looking good so far.
10/27/2013 2:13 PM
Also players doesn't recover stamina in between quarters like they should. They just roll over just as tired just in case someone forgot there's a break in intermission giving you time to recover!
10/27/2013 2:41 PM
I don't have a team playing 3.0 yet. But if an issue was fixed in a previous update does it need to be on the list? If it seems to be working then it likely is and those who didn't know it was ever broken don't need to be filtering through that is seems to be working now. Just saying...
10/27/2013 2:58 PM
Posted by jibe on 10/27/2013 2:58:00 PM (view original):
I don't have a team playing 3.0 yet. But if an issue was fixed in a previous update does it need to be on the list? If it seems to be working then it likely is and those who didn't know it was ever broken don't need to be filtering through that is seems to be working now. Just saying...
Good idea - just waiting on some to see if any other things pop up.
10/27/2013 7:08 PM
Thanks for the thread katz! Hopefully these all get worked out in the next week before the regular season games begin in the rolled over worlds.
10/27/2013 7:42 PM
Looks like the TD check got taken out for that penalty check slid64er. I'll look into that. 

Noah23, 20 yard penalty, or 20 yards on the play? Facemask is in addition to the yards on the play. 
9 yards for defensive pass interference. I believe the rule for pass interference states the following.
"Offense, 15 yards; defense, lesser of 15 yards or the spot of the foul (or placement on the 2 yard line if the foul occurs in the end zone) and automatic first down"
I haven't seen the first and 2 issue, If you find which penalty caused the issue please let me know. Might be a missed reset on the penalty.

To clarify this list a bit, I've been hard at work fixing most of these bugs, so as ominous as the list looks, there are really only a few major things left that I'm fixing up this week. This is my priority list of the issues still remaining.

HIGH/FIXING (next update) - Points scored can still be too high
HIGH/FIXING (partially fixed in the next update, more to come) - QB passing ability goes up with Division but DB ability doesn't keep up

HIGH - Stamina/fatigue needs review - not enough impact as yet between high and low stamina players, slight increase between quarters?
HIGH - Injuries
MED - DB all over the field and covering everyone
MED - Phantom field goal after game over on box score - Phantom TD reported
LOW - Some short and behind LOS pass completions taking only 10 seconds (non-1st down) Still see this

Issues that are resolved/will get more investigation if needed later.
NEED MORE RELEVANT STATS - Too low seems pretty arbitrary. Pass defended stats too low
FIXED - Starters not  getting credit for starts
FIXED - Wrong players blitzing (thanks deen) - Don't know about this but blitzers seem to disappear from the play - Don't see blitzers in plays
FIXED - Large (>10%) offensive line advantages not providing enough effect for run ave or pass blocking results (sacks) - I definately still see this
FIXED - Correctly guessing run/pass has far too much importance on play results. Still believe this is true
FIXED - Too many plays being run - Has been toned down, but still may be too many
FIXED - Mysterious Tackler involved in plays - Still seeing the dreaded Tackler
FIXED - WR getting minus YAC when pass completed - Still see this
FIXED - PBP glitch of pass defended and intercepted at the same time
FIXED - Fumbles too low
FIXED - Penalties without a play - facemask example
NOT IN THIS UPDATE - Not able to have more control over defensive settings (% choice - but end result is either all pass or all run) We want choice!
POSSIBLE - No one missing extra points
POSSIBLE - No INT returned for TD's
POSSIBLE - Blocked kicks?

10/28/2013 10:08 AM
Oriole:  I've only played 2 exhibition games but I still see these items:

1.  FIXED - Correctly guessing run/pass has far too much importance on play results. Still believe this is true
FIXED - Mysterious Tackler involved in plays - Still seeing the dreaded Tackler

Obviously the first one is my OPINION..not necessarily proven via data...but it really, really feels like if you guess the right defense (run vs run or pass vs pass) you will get a better result than if you guess incorrectly.

The second one is definitely there.  Do you have a place for gathering specific items like that?  If not, I can just send in a ticket....just dont want to overwhelm you with tickets.

10/28/2013 10:15 AM
The "TACKLER", as far as I've seen, occurs only on TD plays.   It's like the code sets the tackler name AFTER the tackle as occurred, but since no tackle occurs on a TD, it has no one to assign - thus the mysterious "TACKLER" appears and misses a tackle.
10/28/2013 10:19 AM
In my exhibition game today, in the scoring summary, there is a phantom single point that shows up at the end.  It doesn't appear in the scoring by quarters at the top, just the summary.

10/28/2013 10:22 AM
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/28/2013 10:20:00 AM (view original):
The "TACKLER", as far as I've seen, occurs only on TD plays.   It's like the code sets the tackler name AFTER the tackle as occurred, but since no tackle occurs on a TD, it has no one to assign - thus the mysterious "TACKLER" appears and misses a tackle.
Today's game:  only on touchdowns.

Yesterday's game:  http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=4492221

14:07 Own 47 1st & 10   OFF: Shotgun    DEF: Nickel

Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Medium. Manuel Barrett lines up in shotgun and takes the snap. The defense is starting to get pressure on Barrett. Young (Weber) is well covered at the MC 49 (Short). Newton (McKnight) is well covered at the MC 49 (Short). The defense has heavy pressure on Barrett. Barrett throws to Kim (Weber) at the MC 48 (Short). Kim makes the catch. Tackler can't wrap up Kim.

9:22 Own 20 2nd & 10   OFF: I-Formation    DEF: 3-4

Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Medium. Derrick Hayden takes the handoff and rushes wide. Hayden breaks through the defense to the outside. Tackler can't wrap up Hayden

10/28/2013 10:54 AM
Quit playing around with scoring.  Do not add any kind of artificial throttle again.  Leave it alone.  There are a myriad of other issues that are more important.  When everything is cleaned up, many of which may affect scoring, revisit scoring.  
10/28/2013 10:56 AM
1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.