Something now that has gotten worse is the lack of recruits.  Because Div. 1AA can get decent quality Div.1A recruits, it leaves teams like mine from BCS conferences to have to either take a walk-on or a Div. 1AA recruit.  Plus, for some strange reason, a 20th ranked team in preseason in Div. 1a can't seem to knock a Div.1AA team off a recruit.  That sounds strange to me and I doubt that is real life.
11/13/2013 12:34 AM
I once stole a recruit from Polabonez' Marquette team in Heisman. Cost me 75k to do it, but it can be done.

I don't think that's pertinent but I did it. LOL

11/13/2013 8:52 AM
Posted by Animal7 on 11/13/2013 12:34:00 AM (view original):
Something now that has gotten worse is the lack of recruits.  Because Div. 1AA can get decent quality Div.1A recruits, it leaves teams like mine from BCS conferences to have to either take a walk-on or a Div. 1AA recruit.  Plus, for some strange reason, a 20th ranked team in preseason in Div. 1a can't seem to knock a Div.1AA team off a recruit.  That sounds strange to me and I doubt that is real life.
This seems to be the same. Recruiting hasn't changed. Lower level (not ranking) D1A teams are only slightly above the top D1AA teams in prestige. $$$ and distance for the 1AA teams can cause the 1A team to have to put out lots of $$$ to change them.
11/13/2013 11:24 AM
Posted by dvgagz on 11/11/2013 6:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 11/9/2013 8:18:00 AM (view original):
1st and Goal on the 4:

Defense lines up for a run. Don Smith takes the handoff and rushes wide. Smith gets to the line. Smith breaks a tackle by Tackler and runs into the end zone. 4 yards gain. PENALTY on TU, Facemask, 2 yards, enforced at TU 2.

The offense was so confident it declined the TD and decided to start over from the 2. They did score on the next play, however. And that 'Tackler' guy is all over the field!

This happened to me too.  1st and Goal on the 4 as well: 

Defense lines up for a run. Frank Flowers takes the handoff and rushes inside. Flowers breaks a tackle by Tackler and runs into the end zone. 4 yards gain. PENALTY on MC, Defensive Holding, 2 yards, enforced at MC 2.

It took 3 plays later for us to actually score.  Would have been ****** if we didn't!  Need to fix this penalty bug ASAP! 

Another touchdown declined to accept a penalty.

Defense lines up for a run. Aaron Sutton takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense is starting to get pressure on Sutton. Sutton can't get the pass off to Davis (Solomon,Roberson,Carroll) in the end zone (Medium).
Dale makes the catch in the end zone. 6 yards on the play.
PENALTY on DVC, Facemask, 3 yards, enforced at DVC 3.

Yep, glad you got us all interested in this with a free season.  This free season will be the only season of this I ever play.  Thanks for tricking us into playing the expanded Beta test.  A free season once the kinks had been worked out, might have made me a customer, this ensures that I won't be.
11/13/2013 4:17 PM
The touchdown declined to accept a penalty has been fixed in the latest version and should be pushed out in the next day or so.

11/13/2013 4:40 PM

11:54 48 3rd & 7

OFF: Trips DEF: Nickel
Defense lines up for a run. Douglas Kaplan takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense has heavy pressure on Kaplan. Kaplan throws to Scott (Harrison) at the WPI 41 (Medium). Scott makes the catch. Tackler can't wrap up Scott.
0 0
11:42 27 1st & 10

OFF: Trips DEF: Nickel
PENALTY on WPI, Defensive Offsides, 5 yards, enforced at WPI 22.

Shows that tackler can't wrap up, but isn't clear what happened on the play
11/13/2013 8:17 PM
Posted by oriole_fan on 11/13/2013 4:40:00 PM (view original):
The touchdown declined to accept a penalty has been fixed in the latest version and should be pushed out in the next day or so.

Welcome back oriole! We missed ya!
11/13/2013 8:26 PM
Phantom touchdown at the end of the third quarter in this game. The phantom TD is in the box score summary, but never took place during the real game:

www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx

11/13/2013 11:28 PM
1st Down at the 5:
Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Medium. Lewis Rose takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense is starting to get pressure on Rose. Dotson (Brooks,McCray,Turner) is covered in the end zone (Medium). Hamilton (Hardy,Turner,Melton) is covered in the end zone (Medium). Rose throws to a covered Smith (Shelton,Turner,Brooks) in the end zone (Medium). Pass is overthrown. Incomplete. PENALTY on RC, DefensivePersonalFoul, declined.

This happened very near the end zone but did not involve a TD. Hopefully this is fixed too.

11/14/2013 6:41 AM
Not really a problem I guess, but stuff like this will drive owners crazy and away:

Very average talented Sim with the ball, 1st &10 on the other team's 40 yard line, with 40 seconds left in regulation:

"Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Short. Jose Johnson takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense is starting to get pressure on Johnson. The defense has heavy pressure on Johnson. Johnson rolls out of the pocket. The defense has heavy pressure on Johnson. Hall (Francis,Baker,Tomlinson) is covered at the UC 37 (Short). Johnson throws to a well-covered Greer (Baker,Baker,Flowers) at the UC 33 (Medium). Greer pulls in the catch. Greer breaks a tackle by Tackler and runs into the end zone. 40 yards gain. TOUCHDOWN."

So the human team, with superior ratings for the most part, calls the correct defense, heavily pressures the QB, forcing him to throw to a 'well covered' receiver who catches it and scampers in for a TD to win the game. Deflating.
11/15/2013 2:44 PM
◂ Prev 1234

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.