After looking at the scores from games, Am I playing GD or did I get mistakenly moved to Hoops dynasty? 
10/29/2013 9:21 AM
Its freaking ridiculous. After just 3 exibition games, i am tired of 3.0 already. I have the #1 rated team to start the season and playing 3 sim teams in exibition games. The score in those 3 games have been 105-42, 84-75, and 73-63. If this continues any longer, i will definately be done with this game. After all the time we've waited for the release of this new 3.0 engine, you think they would have had all these kinks worked out. Now we all have to waste our money paying for seasons as they use us as guinea pigs to further work out the kinks. I've really had enough of this crap!!!
10/29/2013 11:19 AM
A lot of your opponent's scoring was due to you not having a kicker.  That skews the your results quite a bit.
10/29/2013 11:50 AM
I have an exhibition game against #2 Penn St tonight and I'm #3. Should be interesting. 
10/29/2013 12:04 PM
We'll see mcbethbr. I signed them during recruiting. i've played many exibition games through the years without punters or kickers, and have never seen such results.

Does that account for the opposing sim QBs throwing at a 76% completion pct completing 75 of 99 passes. Definatlely a little more to it than not having kickers imo.
10/29/2013 1:22 PM (edited)
this sucks.
10/29/2013 3:02 PM
Posted by mcbethbr on 10/29/2013 11:50:00 AM (view original):
A lot of your opponent's scoring was due to you not having a kicker.  That skews the your results quite a bit.
This.  Whenever you're kicking off, your opponent is starting in FG range.  It changes the results drastically.
10/29/2013 3:04 PM
The SIMs are using a slightly different offensive game plan now.  If you have a specific SIM defensive gameplan, you might need to adjust it.
10/29/2013 3:05 PM
Posted by slid64er on 10/29/2013 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mcbethbr on 10/29/2013 11:50:00 AM (view original):
This.  Whenever you're kicking off, your opponent is starting in FG range.  It changes the results drastically.
If they were settling for FGs after every kick off, I'd certainly agree with that theory. But the completion pct's and TDs are just way too high imo. I'll get a better idea once all my new recruits are in the depth charts and real games start. But like i said earlier in this thread, i have play many exibition games throughout my time playing GD, and have never seen scores like this...let alone against long time sim schools.
10/29/2013 3:23 PM

I'd agree with them being high as well.  My team completed 87% and my opponent completed 84%.  I won't complain too much if I keep winning 54-27.

10/29/2013 3:37 PM
I'll complain if you keep winning 54-27 mr_mojo lol.  Its hard to even try to learn the new engine.  You know they can't leave it this way and if they do it just isn't worth playing.  Regretting the 5 pack I recently bought...
10/29/2013 4:37 PM
Hello guys. I know some of the scores seem a bit artificial at this time. There are still some score influencing modifications that I'm in the process of correcting.  (example, there is a discrepancy in rushing numbers are inflated when attributes hit a certain difference. Also, QB are throwing at a high percentage completion based on the QB rating. I've been running various tests over the past few months, and I've honed in on a better model for how this is calculated. ) Besides that, the exhibitions scores do seem influenced by the punter/kicker issue as well. I'm also looking into creating a more realistic result from a backup kicker. 

10/29/2013 5:31 PM
I got smoked 79-7 in my third exhibition game.  However, its a new team I just picked up and its not very good and I played a top caliber opponent.  Still......I don't recall getting spanked that bad even when I first started and didnt have a clue.
10/29/2013 6:20 PM
Posted by oriole_fan on 10/29/2013 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Hello guys. I know some of the scores seem a bit artificial at this time. There are still some score influencing modifications that I'm in the process of correcting.  (example, there is a discrepancy in rushing numbers are inflated when attributes hit a certain difference. Also, QB are throwing at a high percentage completion based on the QB rating. I've been running various tests over the past few months, and I've honed in on a better model for how this is calculated. ) Besides that, the exhibitions scores do seem influenced by the punter/kicker issue as well. I'm also looking into creating a more realistic result from a backup kicker. 

Running numbers seem fine at the lower levels.  Passing comp% is a little high at the lower levels, but nowhere near as out of whack as it appears at D1.  My guess is that you are only looking at one set of numbers, rather than the relative differences in the offense and defense when determining outcomes.  This is probably the reason why you see bigger discrepancies in D1 where the raw attributes are higher.

I would be careful adjusting outcomes universally since that will negate the relative differences in teams.  This did not work before under jconte or norbert.

10/29/2013 6:43 PM
Posted by slid64er on 10/29/2013 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by oriole_fan on 10/29/2013 5:31:00 PM (view original):

Running numbers seem fine at the lower levels.  Passing comp% is a little high at the lower levels, but nowhere near as out of whack as it appears at D1.  My guess is that you are only looking at one set of numbers, rather than the relative differences in the offense and defense when determining outcomes.  This is probably the reason why you see bigger discrepancies in D1 where the raw attributes are higher.

I would be careful adjusting outcomes universally since that will negate the relative differences in teams.  This did not work before under jconte or norbert.

Seems like it would be best to convert the differences to percentage differences and adjust from that difference in player ratings. That way it would slide from DIII to D1A and the absolute difference can be greater at D1A but still be relatively similar in percentage. Just a thought . . . .
10/29/2013 9:28 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.