new OL scores vs old Topic

Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Player Profile: Oscar Williams

is this guy now really worse than the top 22 OL recruits at D1a that i can see overall? (barring formation IQ & Stam/Dur) his new guess is 80 & there are 22 recruits that rate above that....are none of these secondary characteristics important (speed, elusiveness etc) at all?
10/29/2013 11:05 AM
as an example of higher rated incoming guy
10/29/2013 11:45 AM
STR / BLK / ATH / GI are the primes now.   SPD / ELU mean nothing.  Tech means next to nothing.
10/29/2013 12:21 PM
so if a guy had "zeroes" in all other categories but those 4 "primes"  where he had say 90....he would be the perfect sim player? so i shouldnt be practicing anything at all besides the cores & in that only 25 minutes?
10/29/2013 12:36 PM
Posted by jmcgarry on 10/29/2013 12:36:00 PM (view original):
so if a guy had "zeroes" in all other categories but those 4 "primes"  where he had say 90....he would be the perfect sim player? so i shouldnt be practicing anything at all besides the cores & in that only 25 minutes?
If you feel SPD and ELU are important, by all means, practice/recruit for them.  The ratings are Bob's best guess based on conversations he's had with the developer and input from other coaches.  If it turns out that SPD and ELU make a better OL, then the ratings will be changed to reflect that.
10/29/2013 12:44 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/29/2013 12:21:00 PM (view original):
STR / BLK / ATH / GI are the primes now.   SPD / ELU mean nothing.  Tech means next to nothing.
HUH???  Is this true?  Tech means next to nothing????
10/29/2013 12:49 PM
i understand its not written in stone & these are attempts to decipher the levels of importance of each category....which is why i am asking....in theory, based on these assumptions if the only things that matter are in fact just the areas targeted by the new formulas....then an OL, for example which currently have the highest overall scores that i can see on the Yatzr tool, who has 90 in str/blk/ath/gi...but zeroes everywhere else & an overall "rating" of 360 according to the player card is boss, is that correct?

And taking it a step further...what's left for them to improve ratings-wise if this the case...not going up much from 90's.....just dur & stam & form IQ? 
seriously? not trying to be an A hole, im genuinely trying to grasp the logic
10/29/2013 1:31 PM (edited)
Posted by bullfrog333 on 10/29/2013 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/29/2013 12:21:00 PM (view original):
HUH???  Is this true?  Tech means next to nothing????
Look at the WIS position ratings - except for QB, they all set TECH at  .08.   A small modifier at best.
10/29/2013 1:33 PM
Wow. That'll change DB and WR recruiting. Hands, speed and ELU are cheap. Tech was the tough get. 
10/29/2013 9:55 PM
Posted by jmcgarry on 10/29/2013 11:05:00 AM (view original):
 Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Player Profile: Oscar Williams

is this guy now really worse than the top 22 OL recruits at D1a that i can see overall? (barring formation IQ & Stam/Dur) his new guess is 80 & there are 22 recruits that rate above that....are none of these secondary characteristics important (speed, elusiveness etc) at all?
Trying to keep an open mind, but the universal reliance on reverse-engineering seems like it makes this a computer game played with computers instead of a football game played with computers.
10/30/2013 3:52 PM
whats funny is next yr he will be a 1st rd pick in the theoretical draft probably.....i've had one of these conversions go #2 overall and several in 1st 2 rds
10/30/2013 5:12 PM
follow up for S**** & Giggles....Oscar Williams is 2nd Team All American Preseason
11/3/2013 8:25 AM
new OL scores vs old Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.