Still paying to be beta testers, huh? Topic

Three years ago I left GD because I felt it was bad business practice to change the game engine on a nearly daily basis.  I am a beta tester for a baseball sim, and they set up a mirror site for testing only.  The changes we test ARE NOT changed in the game engine on the main site, until they have been vetted on the beta site.

I came back for the free season WIS offered to HBD players, announcing that GD 3.0 was ready.  Reading these boards, that is clearly not the case.  We are still paying (if, like me, you were a sucker and paid for more than just the free season) to be beta testers.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

11/2/2013 9:39 PM
Posted by lvnwrth on 11/2/2013 9:39:00 PM (view original):

Three years ago I left GD because I felt it was bad business practice to change the game engine on a nearly daily basis.  I am a beta tester for a baseball sim, and they set up a mirror site for testing only.  The changes we test ARE NOT changed in the game engine on the main site, until they have been vetted on the beta site.

I came back for the free season WIS offered to HBD players, announcing that GD 3.0 was ready.  Reading these boards, that is clearly not the case.  We are still paying (if, like me, you were a sucker and paid for more than just the free season) to be beta testers.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Welcome back lvnwrth. Yes it appears that GD 3.0 has more bugs in it than a Jersey 1 hour hotel. And yes they are very quick to take your money for a test product.

Where is the baseball SIM may I ask?

11/2/2013 10:15 PM
Jibe...sent you a site mail.
11/3/2013 1:48 PM
Trolling to sell for a competitor. Classy.
11/3/2013 3:58 PM
Not trolling at all.  Just pointing out that competent game sites thoroughly beta test stuff before implementing it; they don't fly by the seat of their pants, while requiring their customer base to pay for the privilege of being beta testers.  And, were you privy to what I sent to Jibe, you'd know I'm not trolling at all; that I told him HBD was a better baseball sim.  Sorry if you feel stupid now, but that's what happens when you talk out your rear end, without any clue about what's really going on.

11/4/2013 12:15 AM
Still paying to be beta testers, huh? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.